“Awesome Time”

and up
Mohegan Sun High Stakes Casino Day Trip
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Mohegan Sun, owned by the Mohegan Tribal Gaming Authority, is one of the largest, most spectacular entertainment, gaming, dining and shopping destinations in the United States. Situated on 185 acres along the Thames River in scenic southeastern Connecticut, Mohegan Sun is home to three unique casinos, a 34-story, 1,200 room luxury hotel, a world-class spa and golf course, over 75 shops, restaurants and bars as well as three award-winning entertainment venues including a 10,000-seat Arena. Mohegan Sun is within easy access of New York, Boston, Hartford and Providence and located 15 minutes from the museums, antique shops and waterfront of Mystic Country.
Reviewed March 27, 2014

So many slots, restaurants, & shopping to choose from! This place Is awesome! There isn't really anything that I dislike about the place.

MoheganSunCT, Manager at Mohegan Sun, responded to this reviewResponded April 22, 2014

Hi brandy06241, thanks for taking the time to write a review! We're thrilled that you enjoyed your visit, we couldn't agree more about there being so much to choose from. Thanks again, hope to see you soon!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,227)

Reviewed March 25, 2014

One of the nicest stays ever. Came in for a concert and loved it. We had stayed in other neighboring hotels, previously. MS gave us the VIP treatment. Will do it again, shortly!

Hi Monica, thanks for taking the time to write a review! We're glad to hear you enjoyed the concert and your stay, we hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed March 22, 2014

Stayed for two nights and it was very nice. The rooms are spacious, clean, and comfortable. Elevators are unbelievably fast. No matter what floor you are on, it seems like the elevator shows up in seconds. Bed is really comfortable. I kind of wish the rooms had a refrigerator and microwave, but they're not a dealbreaker. My only complaint is that the toilets are really loud. You can hear everyone's toilet flush. Upstairs, downstairs, neighboring rooms. During the "morning rush," it's all you hear.

The casino is huge. Plenty of slots and table games. Good cocktail service and competent dealers. Nice way to spend a weekend.

1  Thank ILOVERMONT4

Hi ILOVERMONT4, thanks for taking the time to write a review! We're happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay, we do have rooms with refrigerators - feel free to request one during your next visit. Thanks again, looking forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed March 21, 2014

Went to the Cabaret Theater for the first time for a comedy show. I have nothing bad to say about the show, but the venue was HORRIBLE.

It's General Admission and they tell you to sit anywhere you want when you get in except for where the reserved signs are. What they don't tell you is that 75% of the place is 'Reserved". You only have a choice of sitting in the way back where the comfy couches and chairs are, or in the front at uncomfortable tables with horrible metal cushioned chairs.

We decided to sit in the way back at a couch to be comfortable. An extremely rude employee then tells us in a nasty tone that we will not be served drinks up here when the show starts because they want everyone to sit below. so they dont allow the servers to serve the people up top. Well could that have been more RUDE!

Then she comes back with reserve signs and puts them at all the tables where we are and tells us we can stay, she just doesnt want anyone else to sit with us. Well excuse me dear. I wish I got her name because she was so rude and unfriendly.

I PAID for my tickets, don't cop an attitude with me. The she almost runs me down and pushes past me when I get up to use the restrom.

Will never come back. Plan to try the Foxwoods Theater next.

3  Thank Rachel D

Hi Rachel, thank you for taking the time to write a review following your visit. We apologize that your expectations weren't met and would welcome the opportunity to discuss your visit further. Could you please give our Guest Relations team a call at 866.707.3317? We look forward to speaking with you and making sure that your next visit with us is a positive one. Thanks again.

Reviewed March 18, 2014

Just your typical tribal casino - except a bit cleaner than the norm. Huge casino - not laid out the best - easy to get lost. Dealers were lackluster and table games were expensive and did not pay well. Nothing super exciting about this place that I would rush back for a second visit.