“Cabaret Theater” 1 of 5 bubbles

and up
Mohegan Sun High Stakes Casino Day Trip
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Mohegan Sun, owned by the Mohegan Tribal Gaming Authority, is one of the largest, most spectacular entertainment, gaming, dining and shopping destinations in the United States. Situated on 185 acres along the Thames River in scenic southeastern Connecticut, Mohegan Sun is home to three unique casinos, a 34-story, 1,200 room luxury hotel, a world-class spa and golf course, over 75 shops, restaurants and bars as well as three award-winning entertainment venues including a 10,000-seat Arena. Mohegan Sun is within easy access of New York, Boston, Hartford and Providence and located 15 minutes from the museums, antique shops and waterfront of Mystic Country.
New Haven, Connecticut
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Cabaret Theater”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 21, 2014

Went to the Cabaret Theater for the first time for a comedy show. I have nothing bad to say about the show, but the venue was HORRIBLE.

It's General Admission and they tell you to sit anywhere you want when you get in except for where the reserved signs are. What they don't tell you is that 75% of the place is 'Reserved". You only have a choice of sitting in the way back where the comfy couches and chairs are, or in the front at uncomfortable tables with horrible metal cushioned chairs.

We decided to sit in the way back at a couch to be comfortable. An extremely rude employee then tells us in a nasty tone that we will not be served drinks up here when the show starts because they want everyone to sit below. so they dont allow the servers to serve the people up top. Well could that have been more RUDE!

Then she comes back with reserve signs and puts them at all the tables where we are and tells us we can stay, she just doesnt want anyone else to sit with us. Well excuse me dear. I wish I got her name because she was so rude and unfriendly.

I PAID for my tickets, don't cop an attitude with me. The she almost runs me down and pushes past me when I get up to use the restrom.

Will never come back. Plan to try the Foxwoods Theater next.

2 Thank Rachel D
MoheganSunCT, Manager at Mohegan Sun, responded to this review, April 22, 2014
Hi Rachel, thank you for taking the time to write a review following your visit. We apologize that your expectations weren't met and would welcome the opportunity to discuss your visit further. Could you please give our Guest Relations team a call at 866.707.3317? We look forward to speaking with you and making sure that your next visit with us is a positive one. Thanks again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
Kansas City
37 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 45 helpful votes
“Huge Casino”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 18, 2014

Just your typical tribal casino - except a bit cleaner than the norm. Huge casino - not laid out the best - easy to get lost. Dealers were lackluster and table games were expensive and did not pay well. Nothing super exciting about this place that I would rush back for a second visit.

6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 28 helpful votes
“Not much if your into table games(craps, blackjack )”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 10, 2014

First time here I'm a craps and blackjack player on a limited budget most comfortable on a $10 table. We only found 2 open tables all day on a Friday that were being used that's it!! However they were $10 each at 9pm there was a $5 table in the afternoon. There were a few more blackjack tables open but not many, if your into slots this and Foxwoods is the place to come. We had a great lunch at Jimmy Buffets and diner at the Irish Pub was excellent also I recommend the Lamb Shepard's pie and Mac & Cheese. There seems to be enough restaurants and choices that you really shouldn't have to wait or have trouble finding something you would like. For us this was an average casino because of what was available gambling wise and would only stop here again if I was passing by and it would be mostly for the food.

Bryson City, North Carolina
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“GREAT CASINO”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 9, 2014

Always a great experience here. It doesnt matter if you are going to just people watch, shop, eat, gamble, bring the kids to play or take in all the sites. There is so much to do here. I do not suggest bringing children but if you must there is a play area for a fee they can play in

Visited April 2013
MoheganSunCT, Manager at Mohegan Sun, responded to this review, April 22, 2014
Hi Alison, thanks for taking the time to write a review! We were happy to see you again recently, looking forward to your next visit!
Chatham, Massachusetts
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Mohegan Sun”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 7, 2014

I had not been here for years and I forget until the second you walk in and it hits you like a fog that you can smoke in here. I have been accustomed to not smelling smoke in a restaurant so it took some time to get use to, we tried to locate some non smoking tables which were not easy to find and were far and wide
then to try a table that had a decent bid that didn't have 3 or 4 deep in waiting was like looking for a unicorn. good news we saved a lot of money in gambling because it became not so fun to walk around aimlessly looking for a good decent priced table without a cloud of smoke hovering over it.

Visited February 2014