“OK for an Evening's Entertainment” 3 of 5 bubbles

and up
Mohegan Sun High Stakes Casino Day Trip
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Mohegan Sun, owned by the Mohegan Tribal Gaming Authority, is one of the largest, most spectacular entertainment, gaming, dining and shopping destinations in the United States. Situated on 185 acres along the Thames River in scenic southeastern Connecticut, Mohegan Sun is home to three unique casinos, a 34-story, 1,200 room luxury hotel, a world-class spa and golf course, over 75 shops, restaurants and bars as well as three award-winning entertainment venues including a 10,000-seat Arena. Mohegan Sun is within easy access of New York, Boston, Hartford and Providence and located 15 minutes from the museums, antique shops and waterfront of Mystic Country.
Staten Island, New York
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“OK for an Evening's Entertainment”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 24, 2012

My wife and I wanted a few hours of entertainment on a recent trip. Neither of us being gamblers ($20 at the slots is our limit) we gave it a try to see what the casino had to offer. It (all three collectively) are huge and overly confusing. I'm sure those liking loud rooms will love the place. I prefer the casinos I visited in LV and AC better. But, for my $20, I did get to see a wide varity of people at various gambling persuits which was all I was looking for

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
Long Island, New York
52 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 56 helpful votes
“worth a visit”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 23, 2012

We are not big gamblers by any means and the reason we came here was mainly to see a concert at their area. We really enjoyed the bit of gambling we did, the browsing of the shops and the atmosphere of the casino in general. Very clean and a variety of restaurants and fast food places to pick from.

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
“Mike W”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 21, 2012

Good casino, could use a few more roulette tables but all in all a good place to gamble and the food was great!

manchester nh
48 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 106 helpful votes
“One of the BEST Casino's I have been to”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 20, 2012

Overall Mohegan Sun is one of the best destination Casino's in the USA. It is crystal clean, very spacious and something for everyone. It puts Vegas to shame for Casino Floors. It has a small mall with everything from family items, mens, women, sporting good s and luxury items. A wide variety of food and a kids club second to none. It has a great nightlife. My only complaint is thier ability to keep hotel reservations correct, you can reserve a room but if you arrive late you may not get the type of room you want such as non smoking, king or 2 queens. So insist on your room type when reserving and make sure they note it,.

1 Thank sctredsoxone
Thomasville, Georgia
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 23 helpful votes
“Great way to spend your day”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 19, 2012

I've been here several times and I enjoy this place much more than Foxwoods. While usually it seem's like I tend to win more at Foxwoods, this place is so much more than a casino. Many great stores and restaurants to walk around when your not sitting down betting away your money. If you are in the area you should make a stop here!