“What a luxurious way to spend my 40th!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Mohegan Sun

Mohegan Sun
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Uncasville
Maine
“What a luxurious way to spend my 40th!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 30, 2010

I received a trip to Mohegan Sun for my 40th birthday to see Nickelback in the arena on site. We secured a "suite" room for the evening that we split amongst our 4 guests. I was awarded the king sized bed in it's own bedroom to MYSELF for the night, which was extremely comfy & large. The hotel was clean but didnt have that "hotel" smell, it actually smelled like essential oils, or a high quality spa...very relaxing and cozy. The atmosphere in this place is Disney worthy--unbelieveable architecture. So much to look at and everything kept in mint condition. The public bathrooms even have a self-replacing toilet liner! (You need to actually see it in order to believe it!)--probably the cleanest restrooms I have ever been in! Staff was extremely friendly, bringing us our requested cot with no problems or delays. Valet was prompt and friendly also. Price of hotel was a bit much, therefore I expected top-notch service (and got it)--obviously won't be able to swing another night here for a bit, but it was worth every penny! Highly recommend!

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (606)
  • Turkish first
Hamilton, New Jersey, USA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 28, 2010

I never go to a casino with more then $100, so this may not be a review for you to read if you're a gambler. But I thought everything inside was absolutely beautiful. Living in New Jersey, I've been to the AC casinos quite a few times. And nothing is quite as attractive as this casino (maybe the Borgota).

I had at least two different interactions with the staff. And both were very nice. With the second time requiring me to ask a very stupid question, but they were still very polite and helpful.

I was told by a friend to order a milk shake while at the machines/tables because they were amazing. Maybe I have high standards, and even though it was free (besides the tip), I've had much better milk shakes.

Even if you're not a big gambler, that's A LOT of penny slots and it's worth just a stroll through.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with friends
1 Thank JSoss17
Connecticut
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 28, 2010

We have stayed here several times since it opened. The hotel is excellent from checkiin- to check-out. The rooms are well kept, and very clean. Most have excellent views of the Thames River and surrounding Connecticut countryside. Really nice views in the fall.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2010

Went on a trip with friends for a weekend to the Sun. The hotel is great, rooms are large and comfy, as well as extremely clean. The casion is massive and the dealers are friendly and polite. The waitress service on the floor is very poor. There are very few waitresses and the are rude and disgruntaled. The food was terrible in the food court, so avoid it at all costs. It also is not good that they stop serving liquor at 1:30AM. Overall a great fun experience and will go back.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with friends
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 11, 2010

Nice rooms, but the rest of the place is full of asians and old people so pretty werid, I would never go again

• Stayed March 2010
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Owings Mills, Maryland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 25, 2010

Beautifully designed, with a multitude of dining choices. Big Bubba's BBQ was our favorite for great southern cooking. Just about everything you could want in a vacation, under one roof. The rooms could be a little better for the money. There were air cleaners in some rooms and hallways, meant to eliminate smoke, which emitted an odd chemical smell. The highlight of my trip was getting awsome seats for Sting's Symphonicity Concert at the Mohegan Arena. What a show! Don't believe anybody who says the sound is bad there. I hear that arena ranks #4 on Billboard's list of top venues. Beware, there are no video camera's allowed in the resort. One security guard was really rude in his approach to inform us of that rule. If he could have arrested us, he would have. Not a gambler myself, I'm anxious to return, based on what performer is appearing at the arena. One other note: I highly recommend the scooter rental if you or anyone traveling with you, can't walk long distances. This place is huge!

• Stayed July 2010
Brooklyn, New York
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 21, 2010

I am the girlfriend of this member.

My girlfriend and I went to the Mohegan on August 19th, 2010 to see a KISS concert. We weren't staying at the hotel, but planned on spending there-I brought $20,000. Cash. This day was a treat from me to her. I wanted to go to by private car, but my girlfriend, being the sweet, fun, & adventurous person that I LOVE, convinced me to take a dinky Greyhound bus as a kind of Rock n' Roll Road trip. I bought 2 Greyhound tickets on my Amex, we loaded our iPhones w/ KISS songs, wore our official tour shirts, & were in a great mood.

That is, until we arrived.

When arrived to the depot at 1:05.
I told her I had to run to the bathroom & for her to get our bonus coupons, gave her our tickets, and went in search for the restroom. My GF met with the, as she described to me "A FAT TICKET AGENT. CAUCASIAN WOMAN, GLASSES, SHORT BLOND HAIR, A YELLOW SHIRT, CREAM PANTS, NO SMILE AND AN ATTITUDE." SHE DID NOT GREET US, by the way, a first in my experience at hotels...

My GF SHOWED the woman the tickets & said "two passengers. My GF is in the bathroom, so I'll take her coupon for her." The woman took my GF's bus tickets, ripped off BOTH Bonus sheets, and gave her ONE coupon sheet. My GF repeated that there were two passengers. The woman said, "Well, I'll wait for her until she gets back." My GF said, "But she went to the bathroom, I don't know where she is & she told me do this for her." The woman: "Well, I can't give you anything until I SEE HER FACE." WTF!!!!! As though my GF were trying to SCAM her into giving her a free coupon. I make over $100K a year, lady. PLEASE! Had the woman been professional and LOOKED at the bus tickets, she would've seen: TWO DIFFERENT ticket numbers on them scheduled for the SAME DAY.
My GF told me that she kindly pleaded with the woman, who didn't even look at her, couldn't give her the respect to pay attention to her, and had the AUDACITY to WALK OFF as she was speaking! My GF told me that she was frantic, & asked a nice woman sitting at the depot to pretend to be me so she could get the coupon that I PAID FOR! ABSURD!The FAT WOMAN still didn't give her our coupons, then told my GF that she had to speak to her manager about the situation, which my GF did. The manager came out and my GF explained the situation, to which the FAT WOMAN said, angrily, "She showed me two tickets, said her girlfriend was in the bathroom, when she was sitting right over there the whole time." My GF showed the manager the bus tickets, he turned around grabbed a coupon & gave it to her.
He didn't ask questions.
He didn't make a fuss.
He didn't care.
My GF was so upset by the incident she had an upset stomach the entire afternoon. I was so angry, I stormed off to beat this FAT WOMAN'S behind, but my GF cooled me out. We played our coupons, my GF played two slots, but we continued to encounter rudeness from your floor people/security and Asian kiosk agents! We were so taken aback by the rudeness we encountered, we left after an hour. We spent $15 there. So, MS, you could've had $19,985 of MY money in your pocket, but because of your rude staff, you got $15.

Managers, retrain your staff, in particular, the succubuses that inhabit the Bus Information window. These women were rude all the way! ALL OF THEM! If you don't like your job, quit. No one is forcing you there. NO ONE. But, to treat people the way you treated my GF, not right. I will NEVER stay at your hotel. Come Monday morning, I will relay this information to my bosses, so if we ever have meetings, your hotel WILL NOT be a place we we EVER consider. How dare you people? You're not worth a dollar covered in doo-doo.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
2 Thank BeDrinkable
Also consider these accommodations in or near Uncasville
Hyatt Place Mohegan Sun
Grand Pequot Tower
#2 of 4 in Mashantucket
Hilton Garden Inn Mystic Groton
Hilton Garden Inn Preston Casino Area

Been to Mohegan Sun? Share your experiences!