“You don't have to go to Las Vegas” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Mohegan Sun

Mohegan Sun
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Uncasville
Stuttgart, Germany
“You don't have to go to Las Vegas”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 21, 2006

Although we had only booked to rooms for a very good price (148 $ plus tax per room), they gave us a suite with two rooms and a fantastic bathroom. The casinos are professional though I lost all I had won because the description on the slot machine were not sufficent. The buffets are great. We prefered the casino of the sky. Don't miss "the Rock" - a bar.

4 Thank sweetmarie

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (608)
  • Turkish first
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 11, 2006

thanks so very much for the great time New years eve, my husband and I had a wonderful time once again. we are ny'ers and we always look forward to our time at mohegan with a great expectation, and never were we diappointed... win or lose we love u guys the best.. your hospitality is super and thank u again for everything you have showed us as vip's Maryann and phil carrieri.. NYC

Stayed January 2006
1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 10, 2006

i really wanted to go to atlantic city,but mohegan beats it all. this will be my fifh time back. my last stay was on the 27th floor and they put me in a beautiful suite. huge bathroom and the view was gorgeous. become a players club member and receive all the deals. my room was just $49.00. i felt like a princess. i even won some money but gambled it away. i had a terrrific time like always. check out the wolf den with its free concerts. i saw the whispers for FREE and gambled at the same time. i reccommend mohegan and give it 5 stars. all this under one roof. forget atlantic city.

• Stayed June 2005
3 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 18, 2005

what is a multi billion casino doing with unchanged beds and bugs on the matress...heres my experience..we checked in, beautiful, clean, or so we thought, we wanted a roll in the sack before hgoing to play, undid the bed and we had pubic hair in our bed!!!! we demanded everything on the bed changed including the mattress pad, and we watched to our horror we saw bugs under the matress pad!! we refused to stay and they gave us an "upgraded" room for free....nice little cover up, we slept in our clothes on top of the bed...don.t think we will be returning.

• Stayed November 2005
15 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Newton, New Jersey
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 28, 2005

The Mohegan Sun is a great experience, not to mention an expensive one at that. As much as it’s convenient and a wonderful place to stay, I’m not sure if it’s worth $420/night (weekend) – that’s $375 + a 12% unavoidable tax.

Surprisingly check-in was a breeze. I’ve been to Las Vegas and Atlantic City and hotel check-in at both gambling meccas is generally a long ordeal. The staff was extremely friendly and my sister and I were given a room on the 22nd floor with a wonderful view.

The room was extremely spacious with two queen beds and a nicely appointed bathroom. I wasn’t too fond of the bathroom pocket doors, but I do admit it did save on space. We never seemed to wait long for an elevator and noise was not an issue at this hotel by any means. Come to think of it, I don’t think we ever passed anyone in the hallway.

Mohegan Sun is rather self contained which has its pluses and minuses. It’s nice knowing you don’t have to trek to another casino to eat or to gamble, but it does do something to your psyche knowing there’s nothing else on the other side of those big glass doors. Don’t get me wrong, there are plenty of restaurants to choose from and more than enough gaming to keep you busy, but it does lack the energy of Las Vegas. If I had to choose a word to describe Mohegan Sun I’d have to choose “sedate.”

For some odd reason you can’t walk around the hotel or casino an open bottle of beer, it must be poured into a glass. I’m not sure if that’s a Connecticut thing, an American Indian thing or just a Mohegan Sun safety thing, but to me a glass is just as dangerous as a beer bottle.

A nice touch is the points you earn on your Players Club card can be used at any of the merchants located on the property – they can be applied towards a room, food, beverages, and gifts. It’s a nice change, but that means pit bosses can no longer comp rooms – I suppose that makes their lives much easier.

All in all I’d recommend Mohegan Sun to anyone on the east coast for a nice gambling experience, but your wallet would be better off if you stay somewhere else.

Stayed November 2005
16 Thank NJdudette
Hartford
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 10, 2005

I recently took me father and grandfather to Mohegan Sun. They are die hard AC/Vegas fans; I had to literally drag them there. By the end of the trip they had already had so much fun they wanted to book a second trip. The staff is very friendly, and the Casino is so much more elegant and a lot CLEANER then that in Vegas and AC, and you cant beat the view!!. My Grandfather was approached by a VIP host on the tables and he took us into the VIP lounge. It was a spectacular site, located under the worlds largest planetarium (cool). The food was GREAT and the booze was top shelf. The only problem was the Lamb on the carving board was a little dry… (BIG DEAL!) My father found it odd that we couldn’t get our room comped but here 1 point is $1 to anywhere you want to spend it as it was explained to us… so we comped our own room, and could use our points AT THE RETAIL SHOPS! Cudos to the Mohegans… they showed us a great time!

• Stayed September 2005
9 Thank highroller79
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 10, 2005

I've stayed at Mohegan Sun several times since the opening of their new tower. Previously, my CT casino/hotel experiences were dedicated to Foxwoods.
I am a player of certain means that has allowed me access to the best that both casinos have to offer, with Mohegan Sun coming out on top in every possible category one could list.
I always stay in an 'Executive Suite', the rooms of which are located on the top 3 floors of their hotel. Access is permitted via a special card reader in the guest elevators.
My room had 12' coffered ceilings with beautiful, hardwood floors, gorgeous upholstered furniture, a separate dining room, continuous, floor-to-ceiling windows, 1 and 1/2 baths, granite wet bar, original artwork, fully wood paneled walls with beautiful matching mouldings, a fully equipped kitchen with separate butler entrance, Bose wired stereo throughout the suite, a so much more.
Some of the nicer touches included our dining room table being set by our 24-hour butler for any room service we'd order, plus fresh fruit replenished daily in the living room, and free, fully stocked refrigerator with all types of sodas.
The free lounge on the 33rd floor is another plus. It has large-screen televisions, lots of upholstered furniture,beautiful bathrooms, a full bar, and all-day ongoing hot and cold food buffet, appropriate to the time of day - all of which are free. The views are spectacular, the hosts, so accommodating.

• Stayed October 2005
9 Thank Slotguy
Also consider these accommodations in or near Uncasville
Hyatt Place Mohegan Sun
Grand Pequot Tower
#2 of 4 in Mashantucket
Fairfield Inn & Suites Uncasville
Hilton Garden Inn Mystic Groton

Been to Mohegan Sun? Share your experiences!