“Great Hotel...Excellent Service!!”
Review of Mohegan Sun

Mohegan Sun
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Uncasville
Reviewed August 27, 2009

We have stayed at the Mohegan Sun several times in the last year and have always had a great time. Rooms are extremely clean and comfortable. A little pricey, but if you are a Players Club Member, or check for special packages you can get some fantastic deals.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank rb3560
Write a ReviewReviews (3,091)

Reviewed August 15, 2009

My husband and visited for the first time. We were very excited. The rooms looked clean and neat. We woke up the next morning and our legs were filled with bug bites. We immediately went to the manager and made a report. They put us in another room for the day. They did not give offer to have someone move our luggage. They did not give us a number to call. They offered nothing in the way of compensation. My husband called the next day and they were not helpful and lied saying they tested the bed (in 12 hours, I doubt it) and nothing was wrong with it. I have 30 bites all over my legs. I would never go to overpriced dump again. Do not go. You will be attacked by bed bugs.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled as a couple
11  Thank becben65
Reviewed July 11, 2009

Decided to take up their offer of complimentary 2 night stay. Booking was simple. We arrived on July 7th. Upon arrival, valet was courteous and energetic. Had about a 3 minute wait to check in. Front desk staff was cheerful and knowledgeable. Got up to our room and found it to be a suite! Just incredible! They upgraded us from a regular room to a suite since they were overbooked...okay by us! Room was awesome. Large closet with iron and ironing board was located in the entryway as well as a huge 1/2 bath. Living room had 2 chairs, couch, coffee table, side table with lamp, desk, credenza with big flat screen tv, minibar and coffee bar. Awesome view of the river as well. Bedroom had a very comfortable king size bed with desk, credenza with flat screen tv, chair, side tables with lamps, 2 huge closets (one with a safe) and 2 nice, comfy bathrobes! Bathroom was unbelievable! Huge tub that hubby (at 6'3") could comfortably fit into, glass shower, separate toilet with sliding door, 2 sinks, makeup mirror, hairdryer and big, fluffy towels! Just a great stay!

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple
3  Thank suzyb61
Reviewed June 24, 2009

This was our first time to this hotel & casino. Overall, the complex was very impressive and worth a trip to see and experience.
We stayed one night and paid $259. This was a dinner package that included a $100 dinner credit and two $10 casino credits (basically 2 spins at a wheel).
Everything about the hotel was nice and the rooms were over sized and of a true 4 star quality.....with one little exception: the TV. I was surprised to see a cheap tube television instead of a flat screen/LCD. Even budget hotels have LCD TVs these days. Oh well, we didn't watch much TV anyway.
We booked a reservation at the Longhouse restaurant. I thought the quality and presentation of the food was very good but a bit overpriced and the service was way below par for a restaurant at this price point.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 30, 2009

My fiance' and I have stayed at the hotel approximately 3 or so times. However, the last time we stayed we booked a 2 room suite and was blown away. GORGEOUs! Awesome bed, gorgeous decor and bathroom was great (only complaint we wanted a jacuzzi for two and asked for such, but it was a one person jacuzzi tub, kind of killed the romance idea). We had a stereo and flat screens in both rooms, of course the view(which is great in most rooms) of the river and surrounding views was gorgeous (I believe we were on the 33rd floor). We only went out to the casino and bar areas briefly, and did a little shopping (should I say he bought me a coach bag and wallet, very uncharataristic for him, but he was in such a good mood he splurged a huge splurge!?!) b/c the room was so awesome. I even called to inquire about the yummy smelling shampoo and bubble bath...the staff brought an entire plastic bag filled with both (which I still have there was so many) We ordered a few bottles of wine, champagne, room service both at dinnertime and at breakfast (got the muffin/pastry basket). It was an expensive overnight, but we knew this upon booking...We just loved it and would do it again.

• Stayed: May 2008, traveled as a couple
1  Thank augustpatriciag
Reviewed May 22, 2009

As a frequent visitor to Mohegan Sun, this hotel and casino is by far my favorite place to visit. I'll discuss the hotel first. Entering a gorgeous lobby, you are warmly directed to a line for check in which is usually quick. I strongly recommend requesting a river or cove view (I should tell you that since you might beat me out of "my favorite rooms"). No matter the season, the view is spectacular. The rooms are spacious and even on the rare occation that I had to stay in a smoker's room, it didn't smell like one. The beds and pillows are very comfortable with all the usual amenities. What makes the room special (other than the view) is the decor and cleanliness. I find some casino hotels tend to be a bit garish but Mohegan is just simple and elegant with a nice roomy bathroom and stunning tiles. There is also a cozy chair with a matching ottoman that is great for just reading (don't be surprised if you fall asleep in the chair).

On to the restaurants. My personal favorites are Caesar and Pompai and The Longhouse Steak House. For more casual dining, I recommend the Cove and Fidelia's. They used to have two terrific food courts, one in each casino but now they are down to one and the one they have pales in comparison to what it used to be. They have also added an Asian food area but I refuse to wait on line for 1/2 hour.
On to the casinos. Both the Casino of the Earth and Sky are beautiful. I'm mostly a video poker player and like their machines (though they tend to be a little tight but what casino isn't these days?).
The only bad thing about Mohegan is that there aren't enough non smoking areas. For some reason the machines I like are not in their non smoking areas and I usually wind up next to a smoker who lights up one after the other. This is possibly the only bad thing I can say about the casinos.
All in all this is a fun place to be. I didn't cover the nightclub scene sinice I don't partake but it seems very lively. They also have great entertainment and as a frequent player, I receive offers for some really top notch performers but if you had to pay, their prices are reasonable.
Probably the best thing about Mohegan is their staff. They are by far the friendliest people to ever grace a hotel casino. They make you feel so welcome with NO attitude and the friendliness extends from the valet to the chamber maids. I love you Mohegan, will you marry me?

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled with friends
2  Thank KittyLaFluff
Reviewed May 8, 2009

We attended a concert at the Mohegan Sun this past weekend. The hotel is superb and the staff could not be more friendly and helpful.

We would recommend the hotel's valet car parking. Stay to the right as you drive to the hotel, go around the back, and have the valet park your car. It is quick and simple. Beats taking a shuttle from the mammoth parking lot. Note: You must be a registered hotel guest to use the hotel valet parking.

Check-in was a breeze--no surprises: our room was ready, pristine, roomy and very comfortable. You will have a fantastic night's sleep and the rooms are sound proof and the bed is sooo comfortable. Room service was prompt and delicious.

The staff throughout the resort is incredibly helpful.

If you are spending the weekend, be sure to make dinner reservations well in advance. We could not get in to our first choice when we called four days in advance---particularly if it is a concert night.

Be aware--smoking is permitted; and for those of us who are not used to being next to smokers since all the laws changed, we're not used to the smoke. I will say the ventilation in the casino is remarkable, and you will hardly notice the smoke.

There are some wonderful shops inside the casino and huge arcade for children.

Note: Mohegan Sun is in the woods--literally. You will feel a bit trapped and will need a car to do anything else outside the hotel site.

Hotel rooms are incredibly expensive for being in the woods.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Uncasville
Hyatt Place Mohegan Sun
#1 of 4 in Mashantucket
Fairfield Inn & Suites Uncasville
Days Inn & Suites Groton Near the Casinos
Hilton Garden Inn Mystic Groton

Been to Mohegan Sun? Share your experiences!