“Great room!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Uncasville
Springfield, Massachusetts
“Great room!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2009

We checked in on February 12th. They told us they were upgrading us to a suite because they ran out of deluxe rooms. Stayed in a $300/night room for $149! Awesome room! Would definitely stay there again!

• Stayed February 2009, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (475)
  • Turkish first
Boston, MA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2009

We found a deal for this hotel online, and paid a substantially discounted room rate which also included 20 dollars in free bets in the casino, 20 percent off at select casino restaurants, and a free breakfast buffet each morning. Given that, it was worth what we paid.

However, I would not come back to this hotel for the regular nightly rate, or without perks thrown in.

Despite a non-smoking room on a "smoke free" 19th floor of the hotel, the room and corridor had an odor of cigarette smoke. It's apparent that visitors often smoke in these rooms and floors, despite the smoke free designation.

Check in on a non0holiday weekday was crowded, and slow. Check-in process from entering the line to leaving the desk with out key took 25 minutes.

Parking is far separated from the hotel if you self-park. Valet is available though.

the hotel "nickels and dimes" you for seemingly everything. Extra fees are necessary for things amenities such as the fitness center.

Despite the stale cigarette odor, the hotel is immaculately clean. And it is very convenient to the gaming floors, the arena, and the many shops and restaurants.

• Liked — Convenience, Views From Rooms
  • Disliked — Odor of smoke in all areas, even smoke free areas
  • Stayed February 2009, traveled as a couple
drright333
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2009

Ok,,,surprize,,,,,Now Mohegan Sun is charging $ 5.90 ...is that legal ??
Front desk sais is for :
1- the 2 water bottles in the room ( WE DONT DRINK WATER)

2- To have 30 minutes free local calls ( WE DO HAVE CELL PHONES)

3- To use the fitness center ( WE DONT WORK OUT )

WHY FORCE GOOD CUSTOMERS TO PAY ???/
THATS WHY NO ONE ELSE SMILE AT MOHEGAN SUN CASINO,,,,,ONLY ON THE TV COMMERCIAL need to pay the actors :))))))

Stayed January 2009
4 Thank drright333
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2009

The Mohegan Sun puts Foxwood with its outdated shopping mall look and the Sterile and Cold MGM to shame.
I’ve been to Mohegan a few times and I've enjoy coming here each time. It is visually appealing and elegant. I’m not a big gambler but I do play a bit. The slots are stingy/tighter than they were a few years ago, $20 dollars on the slots machine can last less than 3 minutes, as in the past you played much longer. I belive the reason is due to the economy and the casino’s claiming that revenues are down. My other complaint is that there are not enough tables open in the mornings. The Casio can be pretty full that time of day, even though the tables are crowded and difficult to get a spot, they still won’t open more for some reason.
Dining options range from pricey to medium, but there are so many choices. The buffets aren’t great since most of the food all tastes the same to me, and most of it is of a poor quality.
The actual hotel in the property is beautiful and rooms and bathrooms are large and clean, but can use a bit of refurbishing since furniture, rugs, sheets are looking a little weathered.
What bothers me about the guest rooms is the poor sound proofing I can hear people talking and toilet flushing in the next rooms.
All in all I do enjoy coming to this casino since it is visually beautiful. I wouldn’t play the slots since as I mentioned they are tight lately. I do recommend Mohegan for a night of entertainment even for the non gamblers.

• Liked — Beautiful and elegant in it's decor
  • Disliked — The Slots, pay out is poor lately
  • Stayed January 2009
4 Thank seta
PA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2008

They had puke in the lobby by a couch and my son did not notice so he sat down and got it on his shoes and our bags...It was chunky puke ....So after cleaning my sons shoes and the outside of my bags I was very upset so I called the front desk and they did not apoligize.. They did clean it up in the lobby I noticed after leaving my room..For a so called high class hotel they surely do not care for the customers...The room looked nice and the view was great the only good part of the trip...

• Liked — close to arcade
  • Disliked — the staff...and the who cares attitude
  • Stayed December 2008, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars
7 Thank sweetpoison76
Shelton, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2008

Looking to get away for 1 night on Novermber 30th, I called Mohegan Sun directly to ask if I have a reduced casino rate. They gave me a rate of $79 which I quickly took (a regular room rate that same evening was $229). Upon check in I was given a room on the 24th floor. The room, although not worth $229, was extremely clean, quiet, and comfortable. Not much more I can really say. I would definetly stay here again!!!!

• Stayed November 2008, traveled with friends
    • 3 of 5 stars
1 Thank emdpetey
New York, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2008

After shelling out the RIDICULOUS hotel rate, I walked into our room that was "all ready for us" except that I was exhausted and I wanted to take a nap before cruising around the casino. I peeled back the covers and the sheets were stained. DISGUSTING! I walked into the bathroom to wash my hands and there was hair in the sink. VILE. I tried to relax and headed out for the evening with some friends. We hit the club where the bar service was so slow it would have been faster to leave the casino and drive to a bar down the road than wait for service there. On top of that they over charged us - twice. Then after leaving the club at 2am, I was officially banned for life from Mohegan Sun for flipping the bird. I wasn't aware that at 2am when the club was getting out that it was a "family environment" This is the worst place I've ever stayed and I wouldn't recommend it to my worst enemy. Save your money.

• Liked — That I officially can never go back
  • Disliked — Staying at Mohegan Sun
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled with friends
3 Thank IGoOnVacation
Also consider these accommodations in or near Uncasville
Hyatt Place Mohegan Sun
Grand Pequot Tower
Grand Pequot Tower
#2 of 4 in Mashantucket
4.0 of 5 stars 426 reviews

Been to Mohegan Sun? Share your experiences!