“Room was great but room service was terrible”
Review of Mohegan Sun

Mohegan Sun
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Uncasville
Reviewed June 27, 2014

The room was very nice and surprising quiet for a casino. Comfortable. And it really is a pretty place. But OMG I can not believe they have no offering in the entire casino complex for late night dining except for John Rockets - and not even eat in but only take out. Only casino I know that doesn't has some type of café/diner to eat at 24 hours. It was after a concert and it was 11:00pm and wanted something, nothing fancy but something. So because of the lack of offerings we ordered room service. They served us microwaved eggs. It was just awful. Fortunately for us, they had sent me a small birthday cake that we found in the room - on booking I told them it was my birthday. I thought that was a really nice touch and it tasted great. So the next morning again what a problem finding a place for breakfast. We did go to Johnny Rockets and it was Ok. Can not figure out what Mohegan Sun has against breakfast.

Room Tip: Bring a bagel with you!! LOL
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple

Reviewed June 26, 2014

The hotel is very clean with fabulous décor. As far as the service, there is no comparison to Atlantic City. I am a early riser, when I tried to get breakfast, the only items available was donuts and coffee, etc. The restaurants do not serve until 8 AM. Then I went to the raw bar and there were signs, that stated eating Raw fish can make you sick, that being said I asked the server if they can stew the shell fish, which she did, the next evening I went to the same place and they refused, I explained that I went last night and it was ok then, the employee stated our sign says raw bar, if you don't like it go some where else.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
6  Thank ufsny01
Reviewed June 24, 2014

I recently stayed at the Mohegan Sun for a business meeting. From the very beginning the staff was incredibly helpful and seemed to be happy to work there. The amenities were good, and the room was well furnished. The in-room coffee was a good thing, and I always give a plug to those places that have in-room coffee, but wish they went an extra step and made the coffee a little better. The coffee was barely drinkable, and sort of took away the plus I was going to give it. I also thought that the wait for my car was a bit longer than it should have taken. It was about a half hour from the time that I requested my car to the time that it was brought out.

The rest of the stay was nice. I don't gamble, but it looked like the gambling areas were bright and lively, not like some places which can look a little depressing. The restaurants were nice and throughout my stay, throughout the facility, I felt very welcome.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
MoheganSunCT, Manager at Mohegan Sun, responded to this reviewResponded August 28, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We're happy to hear that you had such a welcoming experience! Thanks for visiting and we hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed June 24, 2014

Visited this casino a few times. Always enjoy the casino and the Wolf Den for free shows just about every night. The casino is beautiful and different interior than most casinos. Appears to be more outdoorsy with animals and big rocks decorating casino. Haven't had the pleasure of staying here yet. Good time.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We're glad to hear that you enjoyed your visit to the casino and Wolf Den! Thanks for visiting and we hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed June 24, 2014 via mobile

My wife and I stayed at Mohegan Sun for the show with Derek and Juliane Hough. We had requested a room where scented sprays weren't used because of allergies. At check in we were told that our request was in the notes, but it didn't get emailed to housekeeping. They blocked off a room for us that took several hours to become available and guess what, they used spray in the room anyway! We couldn't use our room until midnight.

• Stayed: June 2014
2  Thank Mark W
Reviewed June 19, 2014

Stayed here overnight for our anniversary. Was given a high floor room overlooking a beautiful lake. Room was very nice, bed comfortable, linens were nice, room service was excellent, and I loved the bathroom products. The only thing missing from the room were bathrobes!

Room Tip: As for a room overlooking the lake ... it's still private and the view is gorgeous!
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We are so happy that you had a great stay and enjoyed the room service and bathroom amenities! Happy Anniversary and we hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed June 19, 2014 via mobile

My wife took me for an overnight stay at the Mohegan Sun Casino in Connecticut for a birthday celebration. The check-in process began with a wait of about twenty minutes for the line of cars to move up to the door of the hotel. Once there the valets made quick work of moving the cars thru to parking areas while we went inside to check-in. Check I time isn't until 4:00, and we were early (3:00). Our room became available about 5:00, and they called us via cell phone to get our keys, picked up our checked bags and went to the room. Our Room was on the 16th floor and over looked the Thames river. It was very modernly appointed, down to the phone in the bathroom, the bed was comfortable and king-sized. A nice sitting area was provided by the large window over looking the river. We decided to have breakfast delivered to the room in morning, just filling out the card and leaving it on the door the night before. Breakfast arrived right on time, everything nicely cooked and hot. A toaster was provided along with a beautiful table to enjoy the spread on. This was pricey, but you really got what you paid for in this case. We an on going back for another over night later this month.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple

Hi Bill, thank you for taking the time to write a review. We are so happy that you had a wonderful stay in our hotel and enjoyed the room service! Happy (belated) Birthday and we hope to see you again soon!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Uncasville
Hyatt Place Mohegan Sun
The Fox Tower at Foxwoods
#1 of 4 in Mashantucket
Red Roof Inn Mystic - New London
Days Inn & Suites Groton Near the Casinos

Been to Mohegan Sun? Share your experiences!