“First Timer”

Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Uncasville
Boston, Massachusetts
“First Timer”
Reviewed March 6, 2014

My husband and I recently spent a night at The Mohegan to attend a concert, Lady Antebellum. It was my first time there and I have to say I was totally impressed. The place is beautiful, has great restaurants, and although we aren't into gambling, great place to sit and watch the sights. The arena is a great place to catch a show, not a bad seat in the house. The hotel room was spacious, the bed was very comfortable. The only issue we had, which was no fault of the hotel, was unruly kids in the next room over, which was rectified immediately when I called the front desk. Their customer service is top notch!!! Which we had more than one night to spend there and will definitely go back!!

1 Thank Plumberswife64
MoheganSunCT, Manager at Mohegan Sun, responded to this review, March 17, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to leave us this great review! We are pleased to hear that you had a great time in our hotel and at Mohegan Sun Arena. We hope you'll join us again soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (644)
  • Turkish first
boston, ma
Reviewed March 5, 2014

Hello all,
I am not one to complain for make a negative review bc the bed is hard or the food is too pricey. You are on vacation. Suck is up. You are not there to lie in bed all day.

But I felt very strong as well as the store operators here that you cant escape the NASTY smell of smoke. Yes, I am sensitive to it but even in the non-smoking areas people still smoke and you cant escape it.

I am hiding in my bedroom (which is tastefully decorated and nice view) but I am here to enjoy a night with my husband for dinner. I had a glass a wine and your taste buds are affected from the smoke.

I would STAY AWAY from here!!!!! Unfortunately I am here for a conference so I must stay but GAF should book another place.

I now have to wash my entire suitcase and take my dresses to the DC! Thanks Mohegan Sun for the added bill for that and feeling sick. Just what you want from a one night away.....
Stephanie

Room Tip: don't stay here
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
3 Thank svanderbilt
Reviewed March 3, 2014 via mobile

The hotel itself is set aside the lake and from various aspects, provides beautiful views of the surrounding areas. When we visited, the snow had been falling in CT and the view during the day was beautiful.

The room was as described and the bed was exceptionally comfortable. The views from the huge windows were breathtaking.

When you've been to Las Vegas and had your head turned by the various casinos and hotels, it's easy to be a little spoiled. With that said there's plenty for everyone to have a flutter on and it even boasts a 48 table poker room if that's your particular poison.

It's not the kind of place you'd spend a week at as there's not a huge amount of things to do in the local area from a tourism point of view (unless you drive a good way). It's definitely ideal for a short break to recharge your batteries if not your pockets!

The restaurants and food in general were good and breakfast at Tuscany was delicious. There's not a huge amount of shopping to be had and if that's your thing then you might want to look elsewhere.

My girlfriend and I had a lot of laughs and enjoyed our trip here. For a short break in the NE area, it's fantastic fun.

Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank ChewieLovesLotus
Remsenburg, New York
Reviewed March 2, 2014

I have stayed at Mohegan close to 100 times.....and it never gets old! Walking into the lobby still gives me such a comforting feeling. Everywhere you look is (floor, ceiling, walls etc) is another stunning piece of art. The rooms are perfectly clean and the beds are INCREDIBLY comfortable.
There's plenty of shopping, a great spa/salon, a large indoor pool and hot tub area with a bar, a kids activity center, and much more. There are 3 different casino areas (really just 2 but for some reason they squeezed 2 into one area) and they're very easy to navigate......TONS of slots everywhere. One negative thing I will mention is the smell of cigarettes...usually it's controlled extremely well but this last time it was a little overwhelming....maybe they were having an issue or something. Also, there are many options for dining. I've heard they greatly improved the buffet and MJ's Steakhouse is always incredible as is Bobby's Burger Palace at 1am!

2 Thank momoboosh
North Fort Myers, Florida
Reviewed March 2, 2014

My wife and I took a much needed three day "get away" to this marvelous hotel during the New England school winter break. Check in was smooth with FREE valet parking. This was our first stay here, and we were worried about getting checked in and learning the lay of the land. Our fears were unfounded. Starting with our valet, the staff couldn't have been better. After a quick point toward the registration desk, we were greeted by a rather lengthy check in line and prepared our selves for a long wait. Again, we were pleasantly surprised when we found the main desk well manned, and we were registered in no time flat. Our registrar was courteous, professional and patient, and she really took the time to show us where everything was. We were also pleasantly surprised to find a hotel agent on duty continually at our bank of elevators to make sure ONLY registered hotel guests got aboard. It was a nice additional touch that added to our feeling of safety. On the way to our room, we took a moment to speak with our chamber maid. She was incredibly polite and actually offered us extra water bottles for our room. Every maid we encountered during our stay always took the time to say hello. Our room was nicely appointed with an excellent king size bed, plenty of warm comfortable sheets and covers. A large well appointed bathroom and excellent large screen TV added to the comfort. Finally, the room also contained several very comfortable chairs. Perhaps it was the time of year, or the miserable winter we're having, but we found the entire complex to be busy but nowhere near the madhouse we expected. There were nice plush couches and chairs throughout the lobby area, and everything was spotless. With several casinos, numerous shops and restaurants to please all tastes, there is something here for everyone. We do note that we did see several children as we walked around and are fascinated that folks would bring their young children to a place such as this. But with an indoor swimming pool, a few game rooms, and some nice shops, we guess there's just enough to keep the kids occupied while mom and dad hit the gaming tables. On a final note, we found the rooms to be very reasonably priced. If you do reserve a room, be sure to mention any discounts you'd like such as AAA, AARP, etc. They don't advertise it very well, but they do honor those organizations as well as several others. We're glad we chose this hotel for our get away. We had a thoroughly enjoyable stay and would easily stay there again.

Room Tip: Seek a room high up for a great view!
2 Thank Docksider
MoheganSunCT, Manager at Mohegan Sun, responded to this review, March 17, 2014
Thank you for joining us recently! We appreciate your great review and hope to see you and your wife again soon!
Block Island, Rhode Island
Reviewed March 1, 2014

A recent Tuesday visit to Mohegan restored my faith in the service industry. Every casino employee I encountered was friendly, professional,and looked happy!! So much so I
stayed a second night.

My dabbling at slots earned points that allowed me free food and drinks at American Grill and Tuscany..both places had great food and superb service. In fact Geraldine and handsome co-worker searched the bar area at Tuscany with me to locate my lost rhinestone earring.I couldn't belive it!

I lost plenty for my budget but had a great two days in my upgraded Jumior Suite . Amazing room attended by Bonnie from housekeeping.

As a woman traveling alone I really appreciated the security prescence and their professionalism.

Shopping great/ staff at Cache friendly .

Met lots of nice folks while dining /gambling.
Enjoyed the breakfast buffet and Rosa was very pleasant @ 730 am.

Can't afford another trip anytime soon, but will
visit again.

My only suggestions: offer better wine choices by glass at bars by slots and get rid of pool /fitness charge for those who do not use.

I

• Stayed February 2014
MoheganSunCT, Manager at Mohegan Sun, responded to this review, March 17, 2014
Thank you for this positive review! We really appreciate your feedback and look forward to seeing you again soon!
Henderson, Nevada
Reviewed February 28, 2014

This is a huge resort within a resort. Great shopping mall with high-end stores such as Tiffany, Coach, Tommy Bahama and Sephora.

You'll find any kind of food you want to eat, from fast food to five-star restaurants.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
MoheganSunCT, Manager at Mohegan Sun, responded to this review, March 17, 2014
Thanks for this great review! We hope you'll join us again soon!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Uncasville
Hyatt Place Mohegan Sun
Grand Pequot Tower
Grand Pequot Tower
#2 of 4 in Mashantucket
Hilton Garden Inn Mystic Groton

Been to Mohegan Sun? Share your experiences!