“Great Room, Super Clean, Wonderful View”
Review of Mohegan Sun

Mohegan Sun
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Uncasville
Reviewed March 2, 2014

My wife and I took a much needed three day "get away" to this marvelous hotel during the New England school winter break. Check in was smooth with FREE valet parking. This was our first stay here, and we were worried about getting checked in and learning the lay of the land. Our fears were unfounded. Starting with our valet, the staff couldn't have been better. After a quick point toward the registration desk, we were greeted by a rather lengthy check in line and prepared our selves for a long wait. Again, we were pleasantly surprised when we found the main desk well manned, and we were registered in no time flat. Our registrar was courteous, professional and patient, and she really took the time to show us where everything was. We were also pleasantly surprised to find a hotel agent on duty continually at our bank of elevators to make sure ONLY registered hotel guests got aboard. It was a nice additional touch that added to our feeling of safety. On the way to our room, we took a moment to speak with our chamber maid. She was incredibly polite and actually offered us extra water bottles for our room. Every maid we encountered during our stay always took the time to say hello. Our room was nicely appointed with an excellent king size bed, plenty of warm comfortable sheets and covers. A large well appointed bathroom and excellent large screen TV added to the comfort. Finally, the room also contained several very comfortable chairs. Perhaps it was the time of year, or the miserable winter we're having, but we found the entire complex to be busy but nowhere near the madhouse we expected. There were nice plush couches and chairs throughout the lobby area, and everything was spotless. With several casinos, numerous shops and restaurants to please all tastes, there is something here for everyone. We do note that we did see several children as we walked around and are fascinated that folks would bring their young children to a place such as this. But with an indoor swimming pool, a few game rooms, and some nice shops, we guess there's just enough to keep the kids occupied while mom and dad hit the gaming tables. On a final note, we found the rooms to be very reasonably priced. If you do reserve a room, be sure to mention any discounts you'd like such as AAA, AARP, etc. They don't advertise it very well, but they do honor those organizations as well as several others. We're glad we chose this hotel for our get away. We had a thoroughly enjoyable stay and would easily stay there again.

Room Tip: Seek a room high up for a great view!
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Docksider
MoheganSunCT, Manager at Mohegan Sun, responded to this reviewResponded March 17, 2014

Thank you for joining us recently! We appreciate your great review and hope to see you and your wife again soon!

There are newer reviews for Mohegan Sun

Reviewed March 1, 2014

A recent Tuesday visit to Mohegan restored my faith in the service industry. Every casino employee I encountered was friendly, professional,and looked happy!! So much so I
stayed a second night.

My dabbling at slots earned points that allowed me free food and drinks at American Grill and Tuscany..both places had great food and superb service. In fact Geraldine and handsome co-worker searched the bar area at Tuscany with me to locate my lost rhinestone earring.I couldn't belive it!

I lost plenty for my budget but had a great two days in my upgraded Jumior Suite . Amazing room attended by Bonnie from housekeeping.

As a woman traveling alone I really appreciated the security prescence and their professionalism.

Shopping great/ staff at Cache friendly .

Met lots of nice folks while dining /gambling.
Enjoyed the breakfast buffet and Rosa was very pleasant @ 730 am.

Can't afford another trip anytime soon, but will
visit again.

My only suggestions: offer better wine choices by glass at bars by slots and get rid of pool /fitness charge for those who do not use.

I

• Stayed: February 2014

Thank you for this positive review! We really appreciate your feedback and look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed February 28, 2014

This is a huge resort within a resort. Great shopping mall with high-end stores such as Tiffany, Coach, Tommy Bahama and Sephora.

You'll find any kind of food you want to eat, from fast food to five-star restaurants.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business

Thanks for this great review! We hope you'll join us again soon!

Reviewed February 27, 2014

The hotel is nice but they are not very accommodating. First we arrived an hour and a half early. They had a room ready And for an early check fee we could have it. I have never heard of that but we agreed to it. Had we been told when we made the reservation we would not have arrived when we did. Days later I looked at my charges online and it doesn't add up. I called, come to find out there is this other charged called " Resort Check Out Fee" . Another well kept silent fee. I was told someone would get back to me to discuss. That call was made a week ago. I have not received a response. It started as a 219.00 reservation and ended at 40 percent more.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 25, 2014

This is actually two reviews for the Hotel and Casino, both at 4 stars and highly recommended with some minor caveats.

Hotel - The hotel is impeccably clean. The rooms are large, with a desk, chair and lounger. The TV was nice and large as well (if you care). We had a view of the river on the 12th floor. It was all very nice and very convenient if you are out late at the casino. Valet was free (please tip both ways). It's fairly expensive though and the shower broke on us.

Casino - The facility is really a gigantic mall of casinos, shops and restaurants. There's water features and many a things hanging from the roof, but once you get past that, you just see a very nice mall. The place reeks of smoke throughout, but so do a lot of casinos. The non-smoking areas couldn't be any more ineffective. And I don't mean to sound insensitive, but there are many a "Rascal" user who frequent this casino. At one point, I was the only able-bodied person in the promotions line of about 10 people.

It's a fantastic facility. We lost a few bucks on slots which are varied and for the most part pay out. We sat at the bar and played multi-denominational slots and they paid at the best. Bonus was the free drinks every 20 minutes. One thing of note, CT law shuts down liquor earlier than most NYers are used to especially on Sundays. Stock up beforehand with what you want including water, snacks and other miscellaneous goods or pay major mini bar fees. There are very few places to buy just a bottle of Coke. Lastly, if you are deciding between a weekend or a week, pick the former. After a day you've seen almost everything. You can pick up and leave for Foxwoods or sightseeing at Mystic, but there's very little to see or do around the casino unlike AC or Vegas.

Room Tip: Check in says 4 or 5pm, people line-up much earlier. Check out says 11am (a bit early), you can call...
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank John A
Reviewed February 24, 2014

This hotel is a gem. The rooms are well appointed and very clean. I love the colors and artwork throughout the hotel. This location is convenient for concerts, conventions and other venues at Mohegan Sun and is accessible to the casino and shops. Also you are only a 20 minute drive to the Cross Sound Ferry in New London for anyone traveling from Long Island, NY.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
MoheganSunCT, Manager at Mohegan Sun, responded to this reviewResponded February 28, 2014

Thank you for this great review! We hope you'll stay with us again soon!

Reviewed February 21, 2014 via mobile

You can valet park your car and never walk outside again for the duration of your stay. This was great as we arrived at the start of a big snowstorm. In the meantime, you have at your disposal a huge casino (I don't gamble), a shopping mall, too many restaurants to count, a major concert arena, indoor pool, fitness center and spa. Our hotel room was spotless, with an updated bathroom. The pool and fitness center could use a bit of livening up decor-wise. I did not use the spa as I did not book any services before arrival and there were no appointments left. There is also a kids' club which I know nothing about, as my teen was too old for it. The arena has major acts, so that in itself is a big draw. Is this place chic? Not by a long shot, but it is fun and well-run. In sum, if you need to park yourself somewhere for a few days in this part of the world, this place is a find.

Stayed: February 2014
Also consider these accommodations in or near Uncasville
Hyatt Place Mohegan Sun
#1 of 4 in Mashantucket
Fairfield Inn & Suites Uncasville
Days Inn & Suites Groton Near the Casinos
Hilton Garden Inn Preston Casino Area

Been to Mohegan Sun? Share your experiences!