“Never Dissapointed”

Mohegan Sun
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Uncasville
“Never Dissapointed”
Reviewed February 7, 2014 via mobile

We go to Mohegan Sun for my husbands birthday. It's good for 1 or 2 nights. The rooms are beautiful!!! Clean and great views. Modern furnishings pretty nice. We have never had a bad meal there. It's nice to be able to go 45 minutes away and enter this amazing place. It's so great to get away with good service, good food, a little shopping, gambling, live music all in a gorgeous atmosphere.

• Stayed January 2014
1 Thank Cynahen
MoheganSunCT, Manager at Mohegan Sun, responded to this review, February 14, 2014
Thanks for this great review! We're glad we could help you celebrate your husband's birthday. Hope to see you both again soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (684)
  • Turkish first
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed February 3, 2014

Purchased a mid-week offer that was very inexpensive which included Dinner and Lunch and $25 for Slots. With all the free perks, the room was almost free. The thing that impressed me the most was the customer service. Where ever you went in the hotel or one of their concessions you were greeted with a smile and made to feel that your business was truly appreciated. The breakfast buffet was inexpensive and had a large number of choices including a cooked to order omelet bar. The free lunch was in a world recognized Pizza Restaurant and the complementary Dinner was at one of Todd English's top restaurants. My first attempt ever at the slots was quite rewarding for after three pushes of the button I had multiplied my $25 over six fold and immediately cashed out so my whole trip cost me nothing. As well as great service, the rooms were large and very well furnished. In addition the security was impressive, in order to get on the elevators to gain access to your rooms it was necessary to pass through a security check point and show your key. All in all a pleasant way to spen a mid-week outing.

Room Tip: They say midweek is best as it must get extremely crowded on weekends. On Monday and Tuesday there w...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
2 Thank JJMAYNARD
MoheganSunCT, Manager at Mohegan Sun, responded to this review, February 5, 2014
We are glad that we could make your recent stay a memorable one! Thank you for taking the time to leave us this review - we can't wait to see you again soon!
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed January 31, 2014

I booked a room here to celebrate my husband's birthday. Being close to boston, we have been here before but this was the first time we checked in. We checked in on a weekday so prices are cheaper. And also weekdays are not crowded at all. Rooms are very spacious and really clean. Everything looks new, including the carpet. Bed is high but is very comfortable. We had a view of the frozen river which was amazing! I really like the bathroom as the john is separated and has its own door. I think mohegan is a better property and well maintained compared to nearby foxwoods. Also there are a lot of dining options. The dinner buffet was average but really cheap. We got a discount for liking it on facebook. Breakfast buffet was better and offered more variety and again its cheap. Definitely enjoyed our stay and we will be back again!

1 Thank Kris l
Thank you for taking the time to leave us this great review! We are happy that we could help you celebrate your husband's birthday. We can't wait to have you as our guest again soon!
hudson, United States
Reviewed January 30, 2014

CUSTOME BEWARE

Ok so I just received my bill from our stay at your hotel and I called to question the facility fee and was told that it is to cover my water, tea and coffee, plus usage of the pool, gym and so forth. complained to the front desk and stated a fact that all other hotels provide such amenities with no charge. Then I was informed that it was written in fine print on the registration card we signed that we be charged this fee. So everyone beware of this hidden cost. As they are sticking it to everyone an even though it is only 15.00 it is 15.00 to every reservation, think of the killing they are making off of us on top of the money you are already spending in their casino.

DATE REFERENCE DESCRIPTION $ CHARGES CREDITS $ BALANCE
01/27/2014 416659100141 FACILITY FEE 14.95 14.95
RESORT FEE
01/27/2014 416659001564 ROOM CHARGE LX 2405
TAX 20.85 35.80

This turned into a bad review instead of a good one, over 15.00.......

Room Tip: This place left nothing unturned as far as the beauty of it. We ate at the Tuscany and the food was...
4 Thank Michelle H
Boston
Reviewed January 29, 2014

This place is beautiful and a great place to take a mid-week vacation. I say mid-week because, as other reviewers have mentioned, the prices more than double on the weekends. My wife and I went on a Monday night to avoid the high prices and big crowds. The rooms are modern and clean and so is the rest of the resort. My only gripe about the room is that the pillows are way too firm for my taste. I highly recommend the Bobby Flay restaurant, Bar Amercain, if you don't mind spending some dough.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
New York City, New York
Reviewed January 28, 2014

I really wanted to like this place and give them the benefit of the doubt, but my stay there was down-right atrocious.

The Problems:

1. I checked into a DIRTY room. The bed was made and the bathroom appeared clean, but there was a dirty pizza box and several half-full glasses from the previous guest all over the tables. After 3 COMPLAINTS, they sent up the "head of housekeeping" who informed me that housekeepers "aren't responsible for removing glasses from the room." So who's responsibility is it... mine? No apology, mind you. Just excuses.

2. Front desk found it appropriate to call my boss at 3 in the morning to inform her of a gift bag. They then came up to her room... AT 3 IN THE MORING... to deliver it. Not sure how that even crossed someone's mind as an okay thing to do. Couldn't they have waited until morning?

3.Neither during check-in or check-out did I receive any help from the bellhop. No problem... just let us carry our own bags and show ourselves to our rooms!

4. And this is the icing on the cake... when I came home, I started to feel an itchy and painful sensation on my hands and feet, only to realize that I have been attacked BY BED BUGS. I'd like to give Mohegan the benefit of the doubt but I didn't have them when I left and I didn't leave the hotel all weekend. DISGUSTING.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
9 Thank Jfeakins
connecticut
Reviewed January 24, 2014

My Husband and I were comped a room here, which is quite unusual. We always get comped rooms at Foxwoods, but not Mohegan, so it was a wonderful surprise, since my Husband prefers this casino for gambling. Our room was a king room. It was clean and nicely decorated. The bed was very comfortable. The restaurants were great as always. I could not say anything bad. Our experience was perfect and we were treated like royalty. Thank You Mohegan Sun.

Room Tip: any room here is perfect
1 Thank jarandrhr
We were happy to have you and look forward to seeing you again soon. Thank you for taking the time to leave us this great review!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Uncasville
Hyatt Place Mohegan Sun
Grand Pequot Tower
Grand Pequot Tower
#2 of 4 in Mashantucket
Hilton Garden Inn Preston Casino Area

Been to Mohegan Sun? Share your experiences!