“This is one very nice hotel, better than most 5 star hotels.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Mohegan Sun

Mohegan Sun
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Uncasville
Waterbury, Connecticut
“This is one very nice hotel, better than most 5 star hotels.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2013

As much as I dislike the casino, and the restaurants the the Mohegan Sun hotel has the nicest single king size bed and room I have ever stayed in. The room is very well done in decor: Art Deco. It seems like all rooms have at least some view of the river. The bathrooms are large and nice and the air conditioning works. I have been in many a hotel and this hotel ranks top for value and just being quite and nice. Now that I know about it, if I ever get a comp room even for one night I am going to take it. I recommend joining the casino players club. My sense is if you join and even don't play much you will get a discount during slow times. The room was clean. Tip the house keeping staff.

I have seen nights as cheap as 49 dollars per night. When they are closed to being sold out they can by 399/night.

If you loose money in slots sometimes they will give you free nights.

They gym is large and has machines a free weights and all the other stuff. They have a large pool for the family that opens up to the outside, so it is like a resort. There is a grill and bar near the pool.

Room Tip: Ask for higher floors so you are further away from any ground noise. Their are 35 floors I think an...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank GeorgeBushSucks
MoheganSunCT, Dave J. - Social Media Specialist at Mohegan Sun, responded to this review, August 16, 2013
We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your room so much! Thank you for taking the time to leave us your feedback. We look forward to having you as our guest again soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (475)
  • Turkish first
Smithtown, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013

Gorgeous property, the casino is endless, it even has a shopping mall with a Tiffany's. We really enjoyed the buffet, so much fresh salad, sugar free desserts and one of those new 1,000 flavor COKE machines.
After gambling in the Poker Room we stopped at the bar which served a great frozen margarita. Our bartender was amazing, and engaging.
The staff, from waitress to Pit Boss were so nice and genuine. What a pleasure!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
    • 4 of 5 stars
1 Thank Kbelladreamer
We are so happy to hear that you had a great stay! Thank you for taking the time to tell us about it. We look forward to having you as our guest again soon!
Deer Park, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2013

I've stayed in many hotels, casinos, timeshares, etc., but Mohegan Sun, by far, had the worst service I've experienced.
The best service we received was from Andrea, the bartender at the poolside bar. She was happy, excited, fun and extremely helpful as we were trying to find something else and fun to do. The bar by the pool could definitely use a revamping to the menu. There wasn't much to choose from.
Aside from Andrea, the bartenders and waiters/waitresses were terrible. They were as slow as can be IF they even came back with the drink you ordered.
The beds and pillows were extremely comfortable! The hotel/casino was beautiful and clean but when a pit boss throws your players card across the table at you and a bartender literally takes the drink out of your hand with a "claw" (extendable reaching tool), it pretty much leaves a bad taste in your mouth.
Upon checkin, we were upgraded to a suite because they had no basic rooms left and it was beautiful and clean. The complimentary newspaper and water bottles by the pool and in the rooms were great perks. As a smoker, there are plenty of places to have a cigarette in the casino, outside, whereever.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank shellybeanz08
Thank you very much for taking the time to leave us your feedback. We apologize for any lapse in service you experienced. We strive to provide excellent service and would encourage you to call our Guest Relations team at 866.707.3317 to discuss your experience further. We hope we'll have the opportunity to host you again in the future.
Woodbridge, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2013 via mobile

We stayed there for a concert and I will say one of the best arenas to see a show. The lobby was stunning to look at. A great selection of restaurants to choose from. Very friendly staff. A little pricey to stay there but we would go back again.

• Stayed April 2013
1 Thank Perry I
Thank you for leaving us this great review! We hope to host you for another concert soon!
Just Outside NYC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013

I love going to Mohegan Sun. Even their "basic" rooms are spacious, clean to a fault, modern and come with all the conveniences. Beds are among the most comfortable I've ever experienced. If you happen to be stuck with a smoking room (late check-ins sometimes get this), they will bring a HEPA filter to the room, and within an hour, the smell is gone. There is a spacious and well-equipped gym, and a pool with a sunroof and slider doors so that you have the feeling of being outdoors, even when you're not.
I would rate MS five-stars, except for the smoking, which is pervasive in the casinos--the so-called non-smoking gaming areas are tiny, and don't really accomplish what they claim. My other complaint is the $14.00 "resort fee" which covers the pool and gym and wi-fi. I'm pretty sure most regular guests are comped, and they waive the fee for them, but I'm not a big enough roller to get comps all the time, and when I have to pay, even at their reduced rates for minor players, I have to pay the fee. I wish management would find another way to cover that cost.

Room Tip: Ask for cove views when you can.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars
1 Thank saje173
Thank you for taking the time to leave us this review. We are happy to hear that you would give us a 5-star rating! We appreciate your feedback about the smoking and resort fee. If you'd like to discuss this further we'd encourage you to give our Guest Relations team a call at 866.707.3317. We hope to see you again soon!
Burlington, Connecticut
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2013

We have been to Mohegan Sun several times. Each time we have stayed, there have been issues with the cleanliness of the rooms and the rudeness of the staff, I always overlooked it. But this last Monday night takes the cake.

We had 20 people to dinner at Margaritaville for our son's 21st birthday.

We booked 2 rooms for our family of 6. I asked for connecting rooms and non-smoking due to my daughters mild asthma. After waiting in line for 20mins we checked in at 5pm I was told nonsmoking rooms wouldn't be a problem (we would be on floor 17 a non-smoking floor) but we would have to wait for the connecting rooms because one still needed to be cleaned. Or if we wanted we could have connecting rooms right away but it wouldn't be on a non-smoking floor. We chose to wait for the non-smoking floor and brought our things up to the one room that was ready.

After our pricey dinner and drinks at Margaritaville for 20 persons.I went to get the keys for the second room. I waited in the key line for another 20mins then went up to move the kids things into the other room. I opened the door to room 1707 and my eyes immediately went to tears; the smell of the cigarette smoke was so strong. I was appalled.

I immediately called the front desk, this was about 930PM. I explained the situation: our son's birthday, my daughters asthma, nonsmoking floor, connecting rooms, waiting until 930 to check-in so we could get nonsmoking connecting rooms...and the fact that the room we waited for smelt worse than a dirty ashtray.

The woman on the phone, Brandy the manager, offered me an airpurifier or another room on a SEPRATE floor. What? I explained that we had waited for these accommodations and that the room was to far gone for an airperifier and that having our family split up defeated the purpose of coming to celebrate our son's birthday. Brandy made no other offers to try and fix the problem or ease my families unsatisfactory situation. When I asked to speak to someone else she became rude and argumentative. When I asked again to speak with someone a second time, she claimed to be the only manager and said that she would have someone call in the morning (which never happed by the way). Then she accused me of being argumentative and hung up on me! I was floored! I was stuck with a room no one, I'm sure even someone accustom to smoke could possibly sleep in let alone 4 kids, 1 with asthma. I had no choice but to bow my head and call back downstairs and beg her for another room. When Brandy answered again she treated me just as poorly as before making no apologizes for the situation.

Well, we moved all our stuff to the 5th floor to a room with dirty sheets. I didn't bother to call, I had learned my lesson, that obviously Mohegan Sun doesn't care about their guests satisfaction or comfort.

Instead of a special room service breakfast for my son and the rest of our family we checked out in the morning tired and disappointed.

Consider yourself lucky if you get the accommodations you requested and paid for because they obviously don't care if you don't. And something special like someone's 21th birthday, a one-in-a-lifetime birthday, is ruined.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
4 Thank elitetraveler1
MoheganSunCT, Guest Relations Manager at Mohegan Sun, responded to this review, August 19, 2013
We understand how frustrating the situation was based on your review and apologize for the inconveniences. We do care about your satisfaction, comments and experiences. Please give our Guest Relations team a call at 866-707-3317 as we would like to discuss the matter in further detail.

Aaron Davidson
Guest Relations Manager
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013 via mobile

Nice views of the Thames river from the hotel. Clean rooms, newspaper & water provided during stay, nice pool & gym, lots of restaurants, shopping. Lobby has seating areas, valet was quick. Nearby mystic area

• Stayed July 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars
Thank you for taking the time to leave us this fantastic review. We hope to have you as our guest again soon!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Uncasville
Hyatt Place Mohegan Sun
Grand Pequot Tower
Grand Pequot Tower
#2 of 4 in Mashantucket
4.0 of 5 stars 427 reviews

Been to Mohegan Sun? Share your experiences!