“I luv Mohegan”

Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Uncasville
Massachusetts
“I luv Mohegan”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 13, 2008

I took a group of 35 (Salem AARP) to Mohegan last week 2 day overnight. I've been to Mohegan several times, but never stayed overnight at the Hotel - it was picture perfect!!! The rooms were fantastic, spotlessly clean, nice fluffy towels. The staff couldn't do enough for us and were very pleasant. The lobby floored me - it was gorgeous - very classy. The food was great at the Buffets, not long lines to wait. All in all everyone on my bus wants to go again overnite

• Liked — everything
  • Disliked — not long enough
  • Stayed May 2008
    • Check in / front desk

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (628)
  • Turkish first
Feeding Hills, Massachusetts
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 13, 2008

In this day and age, I don't expect to stay in a rather upscale property and find that smoking is allowed in nearly all of the common areas, but unfortunately it is here. As a non-smoker, I was forced to suffer with a new found cough, a scratchy throat and a pounding headache. (They really ought to show the wafting smoke on the TV commercials.) Avid travelers will find the rooms adequate/average. Food quality is average/cost is above average. Merchandise in shops is more expensive than elsewhere. Views are average, but then the lack of views is no fault of the hotel. Given where it's located, there isn't much to look at in this area of CT except for a lackluster river. Service is above average, but there is no amount of service or number property amenities that could make up for the lung damage that ensues with the unavoidable second hand smoke inhalation.

• Liked — Service
  • Disliked — smoking in common areas
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled with family
10 Thank yinsyang
NY
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 3, 2008

We stayed for 1 night in March. This was probably our 5th or 6th stay at Mohegan Sun. The hotel is beautiful, rooms are spotless, and the staff are wonderful. They go above and beyond to make their hotel guests feel welcome. I had forgotten my razor and I called the front desk asking if I could get 1. They sent me 2 free shaving kits sent to my room and they arrived within 5 minutes of my call. Just moments after recieving the razor kits I called again to ask for robes to be sent to our room (robes are free to use while staying at the hotel) and they again had someone come bring them within minutes. Fast and friendly service both times. The tile work in the bathroom is gorgeous, the furniture and decor in the rooms are very nice. The bed is comfortable and so is the chair in the room. The river view is beautiful. Ask for the river view when checking in. Also, they have free valet parking which helps you avoid lugging your bags from the parking lot. The pool area is nice. They have a hot tub area and a bar as well. It's a nice place to sit and have a drink.

On top of all this, the casino is beautifully decorated and a lot of fun. They have a nice mall area which has an indian themed store with indian crafts, books, blankets, jewelry, etc. Definitely worth a look. Lots of restaurant choices, but our family really enjoys the buffets. Entertainment at the Wolf Den is free and very good. The Mohegan Sun Arena is also a very nice arena if you want to see a show or a basketball game. I had seen Cher there a couple years back and the ticket prices were great. Also, if you have kids they have a babysitting play area for them. It looked really cute and the price for babysitting was very reasonable.

Make sure you go to the planetarium bar. The seats are ultra comfortable and you can just sit there and look up at the stars while having a nice cold drink. Just get there early on weekend nights as the place fills up quickly. Another nice place to sit and have a drink is at the waterfall bar, although it is often hard to get a good seat.

I have always had a great experience at Mohegan Sun. Would recommend this hotel and casino to all.

• Liked — the way the staff treats you
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled with family
3 Thank libeaches
Boston
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 28, 2008

My wife and I wanted a quick get- a-way and went on their site. We tried to get a room but they were booked so we went to the link for "Packages" They had a deal called the Legendary Escape Package which inlcuded a night in a fabulous corner suite, a coupon for $30 for meals and $30 in gambling $$$.

We have been before to the hotel before and knew that the rooms would be fresh and clean but nothing prepared us for the beautiful and very spacious suite with a bathroom with a sunken tub in front of a large picture window overlooking the nearby river.

We made reservations at Michael Jordan's Steak house (make sure you get the grilled corn off the cob with your steak) and had a fabulously decadent meal.

Then, to top off a great evening, we won at the casino, and slept late the following morning. In these difficult and challenging times, it's a nice change to just give in for a night and have a hell of a time. Everywhere we went, the staff was attentive and everything looked spotless.

We're not hardcore gamblers so the entire experience was important. An easy drive from Boston, now it's time to get back to reality.....damn!!!!

• Liked — Crisp, Clean, Comfortable and a great view
  • Disliked — Loved it all
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Luvtotravel1229
Ansonia, Connecticut
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 28, 2008

I stayed here for my 21st birthday in 2007 and everyone had a blast. The food at the restaurants was great, although a little high in price but it was what you would expect for being at a casino. They got us into very nice rooms quickly and everyone we encountered was very pleasant. Very clean and spacious, nice comfortable beds! I think just about everyone walked out with money in their pockets which made it even more fun! Overall we greatly enjoyed Mohegan and we will certainly return!

• Liked — Very nice rooms
  • Disliked — A little bit expensive
  • Stayed April 2007, traveled with friends
2 Thank shaina_loves2travel
N.H.
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 21, 2008

It was one of our usual last minute trips but we got a room at a special rate (hint: join their Player's Club) - it was less than half of their $209 rate. They also run specials you can receive via email if you sign up.
We stayed last May for my husband's birthday, which I happened to mention when I called for reservations. We were surprised with a really nice cake in our room that night!
We love the free valet parking and check in was quick. It's a very pretty casino/hotel and easy to navigate.
The room was very nice although we weren't there much. Great bed, bath, lots of towels etc.
We had fun playing the slots, sitting at the bar playing poker and watching an excellent Motown group at the Wolf's Den. We ate at Michael Jordon's which has a lovely, chic atmosphere but it's fairly overpriced and we probably won't ever go back. My husband's steak was very good and mine was just so-so. For $30-40, one should get a potato or something, but don't expect a side unless you pay extra. We had lunch the next day at the new Mexican restaurant which was very good.
There are a dozen or more shops - if you're a fan of Chico's like me, you'll like their store here. Starbuck's is always great and just try to pass Krispy Kreme without stopping in to at least peek...
It was a fun 24 hour getaway for us and we will come back.

Stayed February 2008
2 Thank TravelBugNH
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 11, 2008

This is one of the best casinos I have been to, and I am a constant fixure in Las Vegas. Mohegan Sun is modern, clean, a nice size, has awesome restaurants, and comfortable rooms. You cannot go wrong here if you are looking for a good time.

The decor of this hotel is perfect, and the casino is well planned out. There is a mall that connects 2 main casino floors, so no matter what part of the complex you are in, you are never far from gambling, eating, and shopping!

The restaurant choices are awesome! if you like seafood, definitely try the Summer Shack -- great chowder, clams, crabs, lobsters, and drinks! The casino also has a large Asian food assortment, a convenient food court, steakhouse, italian, Krispy Kreme, and tons more.

The casino is clean, updated with the most modern machines, and you can't beat the $5 crap tables! We went to Foxwoods for a few hours and were so disappointed with their hotel and casino, It just does not have the class and choices that Mohegan Sun does.

The rooms are spacious, comfortable beds, large bathrooms, and great views all around.

I would definitely go here again when I am in the Northeast area. It is so convenient and comfortable. I recommend this to everyone, single, married, with kids, older people -- it has something for everyone.

• Liked — the casino
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed February 2008, traveled as a couple
5 Thank xichic
Also consider these accommodations in or near Uncasville
Hyatt Place Mohegan Sun
Grand Pequot Tower
Grand Pequot Tower
#2 of 4 in Mashantucket
Hilton Garden Inn Mystic Groton

Been to Mohegan Sun? Share your experiences!