“Eastern Connecticut hotel/casino”

Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Uncasville
Stamford, Connecticut
“Eastern Connecticut hotel/casino”
Reviewed May 7, 2013

We have been there several times. I was always impressed by the architectural beauty of the place as well as the level of service. We stayed in a suite which had magnificent views of the surrounding countryside.
Lots of great restaurants to choose from, from the white tablecloth and candles type to the buffet and hamburger joints.
Staff are all helpful. There is a well equipped gym, pool and spa. A well stocked shopping arcade with many stores ranging from jewelry to candy. And finally for those who indulge, 3 casinos under one roof.
It's a great weekend getaway not that far from New York/Boston.

Room Tip: Upper floors with river view
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Gerard W

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (663)
  • Turkish first
Gloucester, Massachusetts
Reviewed May 7, 2013

We stay at least once a month and are NEVER disappointed. This last weekend, we needed an important document faxed (first time using this service) and they called us when the document arrived, we signed and they faxed it for us immediately....now, that's service!

Room Tip: If you can, get an upgrade to one of their luxurious suites.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
New York City, New York
Reviewed May 5, 2013 via mobile

One of the best times you could possibly have anywhere. The Mohegan Sun brand has become an industry standard and this facility lives up to it daily.
The complex is 2nd in the world size wise yet it remains spotless clean,service is stellar. The layout is smart, the circular design makes it an easy and enjoyable journey.
After 12 years the hotel rooms still smell new, nice decor, suites are top rate. Casino remains ahead of the curve in terms of games and service. Restaurants are cool, try the new buffet, Tuscany, or Lansdowne. I really like the stores, real stores for real people. Parking access is easy enough.
I would like to see the long promised hotel and retail expansion. More rooms and stores are really needed.
In New England hotel/gaming circles Mohegan Sun is the one hands down. Its a break from the hustle &bustle of everyday. Kick back and let the Sun-shine in.

• Stayed May 2013
1 Thank biglny77
www.2soaringhearts.com
Reviewed May 2, 2013

Overall our stay was very enjoyable. The rooms are clean, very nicely appointed and comfortable. The staff is well trained, courteous to a fault and seem to constantly work at making your visit enjoyable. The casino itself is modern and pleasant, although the nonsmoking areas overlap a little too much with the smoking areas which by far are much larger. On the gaming floor, it is nearly impossible to be anywhere without the acrid stink of cigarettes. By the end of an evening, whether gaming or taking in a show, I had a sore throat and my clothes and hair reeked. The shopping areas were wonderful. There are more upscale shops and restaurants than many malls. The restaurants are designed and operated under the names of renowned chefs. I don't mean to imply that the famous chefs are on sight but the restaurants are their visions and are very nicely executed. My biggest complaint is the variation between midweek rates and weekend rates. The price went up by 300% on Friday. In fact it was so outrageously high, we checked out and went to another hotel nearby. So this is a mixed review. There is much to commend the Mohegan Sun but there are a few flaws that detract from the overall experience. My recommendation: Do what we did. Take advantage of the in-week rates and move to a nearby hotel for the weekends.

Room Tip: Higher level rooms overlooking the water are quiet and that view is incredible.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank BilltheArtist
Chicopee,Ma.
Reviewed April 29, 2013 via mobile

We love the hotel at Mohegan Sun. Such a friendly staff. This place is neat as a pin. Check in is always smooth. If the room is not ready we go to the pool for 3 or 4 hours where we have lunch. The bathroom areas are immaculate in the pool area and have showers and lockers. When we get to our room we rest a bit, in our lovely, clean, room. The only thing is those annoying, loud toilets....LOL, and off to dinner at one of the many restaurants to choose from. A few hours of gambling( you knew that was coming) and back to the comfy bed and a little tv or free wifi,(nothing is for free,I'm sure it's in the facility fees) and off to sleep. Great Job Mohegan Sun Hotel and Casino!

Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank paulabc2
MoheganSunCT, Dave J. - Social Media Specialist at Mohegan Sun, responded to this review, May 3, 2013
I think you just described the perfect day! Thanks for this great review - hope to see you again soon!
Troy, New York
Reviewed April 29, 2013

I was staying at the Mohegan sun for work while attending a fashion/jewelry conference. I went up to my room to drop off my things at the end of the day before meeting my coworkers and clients down on the floor and the do not disturb sign was illuminated next to the door and my room key no longer worked.
I went down to the front desk to find out what was wrong and they told me "You checked out via the express check out and the room was given to another guest." I had NOT checked out and the express check out card that was left in the box was from the previous guest dated the day before.
The protocol for when someone checks out and their room still has belongings in it is for security to clear out the room and hold them in case the guest returns for them. Security did not have my belongings. The front office supervisor Johanna Wertz informed me that the guest who my room was currently given to had been contacted and that he had not entered the room yet. He got his room key and went straight to the floor. So, Johanna and security went up to the room and retrieved my belongings.
When they brought everything down to the front desk. I knew not all of my belongings were accounted for. I had things in the drawers. So, they allowed me to retrieve the remainder of my things. When I entered the (non-smoking) room, I immediately smelled smoke and also saw that the coffee pot had been recently used. The other guest HAD been in the room.
I got my clothes from the drawer (which appeared to have been tossed and among the items in the dresser was my checkbook) and all of my clothes smelled like smoke. They set me up in a new hotel suite which was very nice, I'm just sad I was too upset to enjoy it properly.
Sherice was the manager working at 4:30 am when I woke up because I couldn't sleep, she handled the purchase of a shirt for me to wear the next day since my clothes smelled like smoke and dry cleaning of my own clothes could not be arranged in time.
The daytime manager, Mandi, followed up with me before I checked out and seemed well informed of the situation. She ensured that there would be no charge for either of my two night stay and asked if there was anything else she could do. My coworker and I enjoyed a nice lunch before we left and my husband and I will try staying there again in the future for a compensated stay.
I had to close my existing and open a new checking account as well as alter all of the accounts linked to it. But I feel like the Mohegan sun staff did everything they could possibly do to accommodate me after the incident occurred. Mistakes happen and while you can't change the past, you have all the control in the world over how you deal with them. I think Mohegan Sun handled the situation as well as they could have.
I also recently received a nice letter from the front office manager Mary Wren:
"Several of my staff were kind enough to fill me in on what transpired during your stay, and I would like to sincerely apologize for what must have been a very upsetting situation. Please rest assured that I will check into the issue so that something like what you experienced will not happen to another guest."
I appreciate that they are making an effort to ensure that this does not happen in the future to another guest! I would give Mohegan Sun Hotel another chance in the future.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Jessica P
New York City, New York
Reviewed April 28, 2013

Stayed one night with my wife for a conference. We got a king room with some view of the lake (reservoir?) which was nice. The room was of average size but worked well for us - clean comfortable bed, digital in-room safe, complimentary bottled water and good supply of bathroom amenities. Wifi internet was included in the resort fee which I had to pay no matter. The resort featured a casino and a large convention center and had a few restaurants/bars to choose from inlcuding a Michael Jordan Steakhouse. The pool area was pretty nice too but it was spring break so lots of kids running around. If driving just use the valet as it was very convenient. Overall an enjoyable stay.

Room Tip: High floor facing the lake
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank BandBtraveller
Also consider these accommodations in or near Uncasville
Hyatt Place Mohegan Sun
Grand Pequot Tower
Grand Pequot Tower
#2 of 4 in Mashantucket
Hilton Garden Inn Preston Casino Area

Been to Mohegan Sun? Share your experiences!