“Wonderful Birthday for my Husband!”
Review of Mohegan Sun

Mohegan Sun
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Uncasville
Reviewed February 14, 2013

I booked the Mohegan Sun for my husband's birthday. Our experience with them was top notch! From Liz who took our reservation to the bell man who returned our bags, the staff was very friendly, professional and always willing to please. Our spacious immaculate room was on the 29th floor overlooking the river. The staff sent up a birthday cake for my husband. From previous reviews, I was concerned about the smoking in the casinos. We stayed during mid-week and we didn't have any problems with the smoking. There are 3 non-smoking casinos which we visited. We ate at a few restaurants. We really enjoyed Hash House a Go Go. The pool and whirlpool were wonderful! I would high recommend booking your stay at Mohegan Sun. Let them know if you are celebrating a special occasion!

Room Tip: If you are able, visit mid week. Higher floors are quieter. Ask for a view of the river. They wil...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed February 12, 2013

It is because of Kids Quest that we only gamble & dine at Mohegan Sun. We never go to Foxwoods because there are no child care services. Thank you for making a casino where adults AND kids can have a great time.

Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank NYZH
Reviewed February 11, 2013

We visited Mohegan Sun with friends and greatly enjoyed this modern and comfortable property. The amenities are first rate and the staff is courteous and efficient. The attached casinos,restaurants and shops make this a fun destination.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed February 7, 2013

Great place- spotlessly clean rooms- great food and fun. I gave a talk in the cabaret room, and felt like I was Tom Jones so it is a super venue for a conference.

And I couldn't believe the water pressure in the shower. Better than my house.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Bruce L
Reviewed February 4, 2013

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 31, 2013

I got a great mid-week deal which made staying at Mohegan Sun affordable. We had a great visit. The rooms was super clean, very large, and the bed was very, very comfortable. Wi-fi was a breeze to set-up and was very fast and efficient.

We visited the (indoor) pool and spa which was just lovely in the middle of winter. There's a bar in the pool area! If I had a little more time, I might have spent more time up there lounging, reading, swimming, and drinking.

Staff was all very friendly. Loved that the casino, restaurants, and shops were all so close--it's really great to be able to take a breather from gambling and relax a little in the room (saves some money, too!)

I'd definitely stay again if the price were right (under $200) -- the weekend rates are pretty astronomical and probably not worth it.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank fuzzypinkbunny
Reviewed January 31, 2013

Unforgettable weekend with my daughter and grandchildren, with lots of funny things to do, good restaurants inside, shopping mall with good prices. Bedrooms very comfortable, cleaned, and I intend to spend more days in this resort. Prices were reasonable, and you may always choose where to get food and fun. I do recomend!!

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Uncasville
Hyatt Place Mohegan Sun
The Fox Tower at Foxwoods
#1 of 4 in Mashantucket
Days Inn & Suites Groton Near the Casinos
Red Roof Inn Mystic - New London

Been to Mohegan Sun? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Mohegan Sun

Address: 1 Mohegan Sun Boulevard, Uncasville, CT 06382-1372
Location: United States > Connecticut > Mystic Country > Uncasville
Bar / Lounge Business Center with Internet Access Casino and Gambling Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Children Activities (Kid / Family Friendly) Kitchenette Restaurant Room Service Shuttle Bus service Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Uncasville
Price Range: $187 - $532 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:4.5 star — Mohegan Sun 4.5*
Mohegan Sun, owned by the Mohegan Tribal Gaming Authority, is one of the largest, most spectacular entertainment, gaming, dining and shopping destinations in the United States. Situated on 185 acres along the Thames River in scenic southeastern Connecticut, Mohegan Sun is home to three unique casinos, a 34-story, 1,200 room luxury hotel, a world-class spa and golf course, over 75 shops, restaurants and bars as well as three award-winning entertainment venues including a 10,000-seat Arena. Mohegan Sun is within easy access of New York, Boston, Hartford and Providence and located 15 minutes from the museums, antique shops and waterfront of Mystic Country. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, Hotwire, Travelocity, Orbitz, Cancelon and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Mohegan Sun reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Mohegan Sun Uncasville