“Another great stay at the Sun!” 5 of 5 stars

Mohegan Sun
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1 Mohegan Sun Boulevard, Uncasville, CT 06382   |
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Uncasville
South Salem, New York
“Another great stay at the Sun!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013 via mobile

I just returned from another stay at Mohegan Sun, and once again, I was not disappointed. My quoted room rate went down upon check-in, so I splurged and upgraded to a Cove Suite. Room was clean and comfy, but I think housekeeping went a bit heavy on air freshened!

The casino was fun, dealers friendly, and I didn't lose as much as usual, so I think I won!

Had a quick supper at Bobby's Burger Palace. Sat at the bar, where I was entertained by the bar tender during my meal. Burger and fries delish as usual.

At one point I was trying to find a specific slot machine, asked a slot attendant, who didn't just point me in the right direction, but walked me right there.

All in all, only good things to say about Mohegan Sun, once again!

• Stayed January 2013
2 Thank Ambie1957

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (450)
  • Turkish first
Feeding Hills, Massachusetts
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013

i was on my computer one night and i read all my emails. while i was playing around an email came in from mohegan sun. it was 6 pm and i checked the email. it was from mohegan sun. it said check our calender for our hotel prices. i did and they offered me 2 free nights for jan 14 and 15. i immediatly tried to book the rooms online. i couldn't get thru and tried and tried. i finally called about 6:10. i was told the free rooms were already taken. i said how could that be i just got the email. i was told that it was a mass email sent and the rooms were gone. they offered me rooms for $49. i said fine. they said it was a kingsize bed. i said i needed 2 double or queen. that would be $59. i took the 2 rooms. when i checked into the hotel i complained about their system. because there were cancellations i got my rooms for free. i think thats a bad way of doing business. i get emails from foxwoods for months on end offering free rooms. never a problem. in fact today i got a email for free rooms for march already. i will never stay at mohegan sun again. i will gamble but not stay

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars
MoheganSunCT, Dave J. - Social Media Specialist at Mohegan Sun, responded to this review, January 23, 2013
Thank you for sharing your experience with us. We apologize for any inconveniences you may have experienced. We would encourage you to give our Guest Relations team a call at 866.707.3317 to discuss this further.
Hillsborough, New Jersey, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013

Just got back from a stay at Mohegan Sun this weekend and really enjoyed the hotel and overall experience. The rooms are very well done, with quality finishes and attention to detail. The overall ambiance was light and open and the hallways smelled very fresh. This is a nice contrast to some of the hotels I've stayed in in Atlantic City. I was also impressed with the quality of service at the hotel.

There were a wide variety of restaurants and we were able to have dinner at Tuscany and a quick lunch at Bobby's burgers. All of the restaurants were outsourced and include wide variety: Bobby Flay, Micheal Jordan, Johnny Rockets, Geno's Steaks, Starbucks, Dunkin' Donuts, etc.

My only complaint was that it was difficult to make a table / bottle service reservation at the nightclub. The conceirge would not assist and the best we could do was leave a message on the number listed outside of the (closed) venu. It all worked out in the end, so I'd consider this a minor nit.

Room Tip: We stayed in a Cove suite, which was a phenomenal room (two bathrooms, living area, etc.) for a rela...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Steve538
Falmouth, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013 via mobile

The hotel is really a destination as it has an arcade for kids, a spa, a pool, great selection of stores for shopping and many terrific restaurants. The slower winter season is a great time to visit if you want to avoid the crowds. Check out the entertainment also, as there is a major concert venue (top names play there), a comedy club and the Wolf Den concert venue in the center of the casino with free music almost every evening. A fun getaway!

• Stayed December 2012
Boston
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

We had some great meals at this casino. Bobby Flays is outstanding. Ballo is very good. The room was fine. We were generally treated very well. They have their systems down pretty well. I had one incident that colored the stay for me. When I was cashing in some chips before leaving there was this big controversy about the value of them. The folks wanted to give me $1 for chips I had paid $5 for. There was this whole assumption that I was somehow trying to scam them out of $30. I asked to see a manager. He turned out to be worse implying that I was trying to cheat the casino. It wasn't enough money to spend any further time over but their attitude assumes that you are dishonest and that it is somehow worth it to someone to stand toe to toe with some blockhead and argue over $30. I wouldn't go back unless I had to.

Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
MoheganSunCT, Dave J. - Social Media Specialist at Mohegan Sun, responded to this review, January 10, 2013
Thank you for sharing your experience with us. We regret that your expectations were not met during your time here and would encourage you to call our Guest Relations team to further discuss the situation you describe. They can be reached at 866.707.3317. Thank you.
Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

Mohegan Sun is a fun little escape in CT. The rooms are beautiful in my opinion and the beds are comfy. The only problem is you can sometimes hear your neighbor. MS is a great entertaining property and we always have a good time.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Bayport, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

It is a good hotel with good restaurants and good shops but mind you it's not cheap. The only negative is the smell of cigarette smoke that greets you as soon as you walk in. We didn't really play in the casino so I cannot comment on that but all in all a good place to go for a weekend getaway.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars
Also consider these accommodations in or near Uncasville
Hyatt Place Mohegan Sun
Grand Pequot Tower
Grand Pequot Tower
#2 of 4 in Mashantucket
4.0 of 5 stars 414 reviews

Been to Mohegan Sun? Share your experiences!