“Perfect stay as usual”

Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Uncasville
Ottawa, Canada
“Perfect stay as usual”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 11, 2012

Spent 3 nights at Mohegan Sun on Sept. 23rd for our 40th wedding anniversary. Had comps room so that was a treat. I love this hotel. Staff is great, food awesome. We had a room on the 31st floor with a beautiful view. Machines were tight but that had nothing to do with the hotel. Will definitely return. We have stayed at Foxwoods and will not return. Mohegan is the best.
Thanks Mohegan Sun for another perfect stay.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
MoheganSunCT, Dave J. - Social Media Specialist at Mohegan Sun, responded to this review, October 12, 2012
Thanks for this great review. We are happy we could help you celebrate your 40th Anniversary. Hope to have you as our guest again soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (628)
  • Turkish first
Martha's Vineyard, Massachusetts
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 9, 2012

I arrived for a conference at 1:00PM. The valet driver took my luggage and briefcase and said it would be brought to my room after the room was assigned. My room was not assigned until 6:00PM. I spent five hours without my business papers, computer or medications for my heart. At 1:00PM I had been told I would be called on my cellphone when my room was ready. At 6:00PM, when I cornered the Manager, he checked and found out the room had been assigned but my phone had never been called. I had never had the opportunity to eat the entire day for fear I would miss the call which never came. If you're ever in the neighborhood and need to gamble go down the road to Foxwoods. If you don't need to gamble save your money and stay at the Sleep Inn in East Lyme!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
3 Thank Chris_on_MVY
Gilbert, Arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2012

I cannot speak for value, because I didn't pay for the room. However, the property is immaculate, the staff is great, and there is plenty to do. Even the smoking areas of the casino are well ventilated and clean!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Worcester, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 7, 2012 via mobile

Took my loving wife to the Brewfest last night and stayed over. This is our second visit here, first stay over. Our first was a concert. What a great venue. Anyway, this time we got to see and do a little more. First off, check-in was easy and the desk employee got our tickets to the Brewfest. The room was a pleasant suprise. Big with 2 comfortable queen size beds. 32' HD TV. Clean and up to date in furnishings. The bathroom was nice too. Also big and the toilet is seperated by a sliding door for privacy. Best thing? The water pressure. Holy cow the shower will scrub you clean by itself. It was awesome. Here it comes; better rooms than Foxwoods.
Mohegan also just seemed, warmer, friendlier, cleaner and newer than Foxwoods. Everything from the casino areas to the hotel hallways, to the shops and the restaurants.
The only hiccup we found, and not really Mohegan's fault, was with Brewfest. I'll just assume any issues the wife and I saw were due to it being the first one. Merely my humble opinion, but the vendor booths were too close together. There were too many people. The lines were crazy long. Next time use bigger shot glasses. Get rid of the ping pong and fus ball tables so you can push the booths out. It'll also get rid of the frat house feel.
That said, it's better than Foxwoods!

• Stayed October 2012
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 7, 2012

if you have the opportunity to be offered a comp room (free) it is well worth the ride, otherwise it can be expensive. There rooms are very nice. beds are comfortable. everything is clean. if you stay up high you will most likely have a wonderful view. the staff are friendly and very accommodating.

Room Tip: rooms usually ending in one (3031) are near elevators.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank donna c
Providence, RI
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 5, 2012

My wife and I stayed on a recent Tuesday- Wedensday Evening. I visit Mohegan Sun a couple times a year, but it has been almost 8 years since I stayed in the hotel since the rooms are usually quite expensive, and we only live a little more than an hour away. The rooms have been remodled since the hotel was first built around 10 years ago, and everything looked new and smelled fresh in the non smoking room. The TV had plenty of stations, and room service was great, but a little pricey(no surprise, it is everywhere). We always have good service from the valets to the front desk, and most people in the casino.

There were only a few things keeping me from a 5 star rating: There is a daily fee of $14.99 for things like bottled water, internet access, and going to the pool and exercise room. I feel if you are paying $99 for a room, (often over $400 on weekends), you should be able to use the pool at no extra charge. Even though we were at the end of the hall, the walls are a little thin, and the toilets flush louder than the bathrooms in high school. The bed while comfortable, is a little high off the ground if you are vertically or mobility challenged. Some of the restaurants left a little to be desired, mostly Bobby Flay's Burger Palance, but I'll save that for a separate review.

Overall, we very much enjoyed this stay, and much prefer going to Mohegan than Foxwoods.

Room Tip: Ask for a high floor to get a good view. If you don't mind a walk, rooms further from the eleva...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 4, 2012 via mobile

While here at a conference I stayed at this very beautiful resort. The convention center was huge, the grounds were imaculant and there are tons of things to entertaine you here. The staff is friendly and very accommodating. The rooms are large and luxurious and please ask for a room with a view; you won't be disappointed! My only con is that my travel size hair products were stolen from my toiletries bag that I left on the bathroom vanity. I hoped I was wrong and even thought it was strange that it was taken. While I didn't mention it to the front desk at checkout ($3.00 worth of hair moisturizer) it was a bit silly that someone would take it; but they did!

• Stayed October 2012
Also consider these accommodations in or near Uncasville
Hyatt Place Mohegan Sun
Grand Pequot Tower
Grand Pequot Tower
#2 of 4 in Mashantucket
Hilton Garden Inn Mystic Groton

Been to Mohegan Sun? Share your experiences!