“Decent place but not 5 star”
Review of Mohegan Sun

Mohegan Sun
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Uncasville
NYC
“Decent place but not 5 star”
Reviewed September 23, 2012

Finishing up my time here at Mohegan sun and overall I enjoyed my time here. The spa facilities were definitely nice. The rooms are a nice size with a decent view.. Though no robes or slippers (in a 5 star!?!?). Bobby flay's was good. There was truly nothing wrong with this place. I just think it needs to go the extra mile for me to come back. Otherwise I would go to Atlantic City instead. There's more to offer at these prices

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (685)
  • Turkish first
New York City, New York
Reviewed September 21, 2012

We went to Mohegan Sun for some fun and we were not dissapointed. The casino is huge and there are so many shops and restaurants that it was difficult to decide what we wanted to do first. Needless to say, this is definitely a place that you would want to visit again and again

Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank scorpianeem
Ariel, Washington
Reviewed September 20, 2012

We traveled from the West coast to the East coast following our grandson's racing throughout the country. We were so happy to finally reach Connecticut! The property was amazing! I loved walking into the Winter entrance. The fragrance welcomes you with such peace, along with the Serenity Pool, you just take a deep breath and smile! The room was beautiful, the service impeccable and I just couldn't say enough about this place. Except enjoy! And buy more than one bottle of the Winter Woods fragrance as you can only buy it in person!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
MoheganSunCT, Dave J. - Social Media Specialist at Mohegan Sun, responded to this review, October 2, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to leave us this great review! We're happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and liked our property so much! Hope to see you soon!
New York City, New York
Reviewed September 20, 2012

After leaving Foxwoods early (in disgust), we checked into Mohegan. We were going to stay at the Hilton in Mystic for the remainder of our trip, but since Mohegan was $125 cheaper /nt, we decided to give it a try and very happy we did.

It's a much smaller casino than Foxwoods, and even though it's almost as old, it doesn't feel old at all. The rooms were clean and tidy, and the cleaning staff worked around our schedule. Although we had adjoining rooms, I still felt that the rooms here felt larger than over at GP tower @ Foxwoods, probably because it didnt have the monster bureau in the middle of it.

Kids Quest - Amazing staff, great fun for the kids! After a day at the aquarium, our kids were begging to go back to KQ for the second night in a row! Two quiet dinners for us in a row? I don't think that's happened since our honeymoon!

Definitely would stay again and again.

Room Tip: Casino of the Wind is the nicest of the casinos within the property. Bobby Flays is the better o...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Thanks for taking the time to leave us this positive review! We're so glad you had a good time during your stay with us. We look forward to seeing you again soon!
Solihull, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 20, 2012

What a great stay from start to finish, not much sleep was had but that was the whole point of staying where there was a casino. The room was amazing you could have had a party in the bathroom it as so big. The staff were so welcoming and helpful, Room service food and restaurant food was good and pentyful. The whole casino experiance was new to us but very enjoyable

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank Gwendolyn K
Thanks for this awesome review! We are happy to hear that you had a good time during your stay. We hope to have you back again soon!
Tenafly, New Jersey
Reviewed September 17, 2012

My husband and I stayted at Mohegan Sun on Labor Day. We stayed over just one night.
When I made the reservation I specifically told them it was our wedding anniversary. When we got to the check-in (on time) I also reminded it was our anniversary. Despite reviews stating that you get something small but special from this hotel for special occasion must vary person to person because we didn't get anything at all. This part I don't care much for. We checked in to our room 2704. View was nice, the room was clean, the bathroom also good size. No complaints.

My disappointment starts from the return of this trip. I noticed a itch on my lower back and didn't think much of it. By the evening however I had tiny bite marks all over along with painful itch. Some areas got red and swollen. I put some Cortizone cream and hoped it would help. Didn't help much. Instead the itchness got worse and the redness and swelling also got worse to point where sitting and my back touching something gave me pains.

Couple days after coming back and suspecting that this may be begbed bites(or any other kind of insect bites) I contacted the hotel and told them of this issue. Got email response saying the email was registered and being sent to head of housekeeping. Then almost a week went by. No response - so I emailed again. This time they emailed me saying they had Ecolab people come check the room and they found no pests whatsoever.

My husband and I travel alot and we have never ever had this type of issue.

Although I enjoyed my stay when I was not aware of my insect bites, I am saddened that after reports of this sort the hotel does not even bother to apologize.

We talked about returning to this hotel on the way back but by the way the hotel handles things I do not think i will visit again.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank rosa4279
MoheganSunCT, Dave J. - Social Media Specialist at Mohegan Sun, responded to this review, September 20, 2012
Thank you for letting us know about your recent stay. We do take all claims regarding any sort of pest very seriously. As you stated, we do have an outside company that inspects our property and investigates all guest claims regarding any pest. Your room was checked, and Ecolab was unable to find any sort of pest. We do apologize that your visit did not meet your expectations. We would love to have you return. Thank you.
Hartford, Connecticut
Reviewed September 17, 2012

Was at the Station Lounge, we were ignored while sitting down and waiting for drinks, when we went to leave to go to the show, we decided to get a beverage at the bar, The bartender treated us like second class citizens. He stated if we sat back down he would come over and take our drinks away. He also had an obnoxious customer harass us and dis nothing to stop her. This happened Sunday night at 6 pm 09/16/12. Terrible service staff. The wait staff also took away your plates before you were finished.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank Sam M
Thank you for sharing this experience with us. We would like to discuss this further with you. Please give our Guest Relations team a call at 866.707.3317. Again, thank you for your feedback.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Uncasville
Hyatt Place Mohegan Sun
Grand Pequot Tower
Grand Pequot Tower
#2 of 4 in Mashantucket
Hilton Garden Inn Preston Casino Area

Been to Mohegan Sun? Share your experiences!