“Beautiful hotel!”

Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Uncasville
Providence, Rhode Island
“Beautiful hotel!”
Reviewed July 28, 2011

Stayed for one night. The room, bathroom, lobby, etc. were pristine. Would definitely stay again!!!!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (649)
  • Turkish first
Massachusetts
Reviewed July 28, 2011

My husband and I have never been there and decided to drive to Conn. last week to
finally get to see the place and have a nice lunch. We've heard so much about it.

We're not gamblers but do enjoy the penny and nickle slots. My husband won big $$, I walked away empty handed but chalked my $20 loss to 'entertainment'. It was fun!

However, the place is hugh. To hugh. Very easy to get lost.

We tried to find a nice restaurant to dine in only to find out the one we really wanted
to eat at (Bobby Flay's) didn't open until dinner. We were hoping to be on the road back home by that time.

Ended up at Bubba's and had a delicious meal. I ordered the sliders (one pulled brisket and one pulled pork) and both were delicious. One was enough for me. My husband ordered the pulled pork/brisket sandwish and thoroughly enjoyed it. We made a good choice in restaurant and food.

My husband also ordered the sweet potato fries, although tasty, they were rather limp (I know it's difficult to get crispy sweet potato fries, but it is possible).

All in all, I don't think we'll be returning to Mohegan Sun but IF we ever do I'm going back for those sliders. OR, maybe get to try Bobby Flay's restaurant.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank dojemi
Mequon, Wisconsin
Reviewed July 28, 2011

I travel to Harrah's (now Caesar's) properties a lot, and this was my first venture to a totally different property in a long time. I loved it! The hotel is absolutely beautiful; room was very clean and really big. I was so excited to find in-room coffee since I go to bed early and get down to the casino between five and six in the morning - coffee in hand. HVAC worked perfectly.

I love to order room service when I travel, and the Mohegan Sun met my expectations with a delicious scallop and quinoa dinner. Service everywhere was excellent.

They even have security people by the elevators 24/7! As a woman traveling alone, I appreciate every bit of security and feeling safe.

The casinos are really special. I would start on one end and play through all three - Earth, Wind and Sky Casinos. Found every game I ever wanted to play! Must admit I lost money, but that's just me and the machines! The decor is incredible in each casino.

They must have 25 to 30 restaurants. I didn't count. I only had a chance to sample a couple, and they were good. There's everything from fast-and-inexpensive to reservations-only and high dollar.

I had transportation problems both getting there and trying to get home, but Mohegan Sun was right there to do what they could to help.

All in all, I love this place but need to find a better way to get there (other than US Airways flying into Providence).

• Stayed July 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank GamblinGrandmaNC
New York
Reviewed July 27, 2011

I have stayed here numerous times and I have never been disappointed. Cleanliness, service, quality are all the best. For a hotel that isn't new, it appears to be. The front desk, hoursekeeping, room service and all other staff perform at top notch. Highly recommenfded.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Sutton, Massachusetts
Reviewed July 21, 2011

I was looking in June for a room on Mohegan Sun reservation site. I was in their package specials and it booked a room when I was checking rates and I could not or it would not let me cancel.I sent an Email telling reservations that this happened. July comes and I'm gambling and I find I am hit with a $50.00 points cancellation for the room reservation. I tried customer relations and bookings, and still no luck on redeeming points.So..I will not stay their and I feel there are plenty of hotels: Best Western,Hyatt, and even Foxwoods that will work.

Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank misstriciamsaviet
Albuquerque, New Mexico
Reviewed July 9, 2011

I stayed at the Mohegan Sun for a week long conference. The property is a bit isolated (outside of walking distance) from the rest of civilization but they have everything you will need on site so this is not a problem. The resort complex is huge with lots of gaming, shopping, and dining options.

As for the hotel, it was what you would expect from a 4-5 star hotel. The room was clean and well appointed. The bed was as comfortable as the one's I'm used to at Hilton. And to top it off there are complimentary water bottles provided. Nice touch. The one negative was that the view is of the casino roof from just about every room. But looking up a bit reveals the CT countryside.

Housekeeping was quick and efficient. Supplies were kept full and the bath products were of above average quality.

As a previous reviewer noted, I too saw the air cleaning devices in the hall but never smelled a hint of smoke. I think they are just to give the air a pleasant scent but at first glance they look like rat traps. Yikes! Never saw a rat and closer inspection showed them to have something to do with the air but the hotel would be well advised to remove them or put up signs explaining the purpose.

Room Tip: The higher the floor, the better the view.
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank dralexander
MA
Reviewed July 8, 2011

We traveled to Mohegan Sun for a two night stay. Upon arrival, we were very welcomed by the attention to detail given by the hotel's lobby staff. Complementary valet parking was a snap, check in was smooth, and we were to our room before we knew it. Our room was well appointed; clean linens, new television, spacious bathroom, and no visible problems. We kicked on the air conditioning and went down to the casino for dinner and the evening. Upon arriving back at our room, we encountered our BIG problem. The room had no cooled well at all since we left. I readjusted the thermostat, we hung out in the room for a while, the room cooled down and we went to bed. In the middle of the night, we woke up drenched it sweat as the air conditioning had stopped working. When we reported this problem to management, we were informed that the thermostat was on a motion detector; if someone isn't moving in the room it eventually kicks off. This means that it will go off every night while you sleep! This system does not work and should be replaced. The small problem was the fact that the beds were extremely soft.

The facilities at this resort were fantastic. The casino is nice, the restaurants are amazing, entertainment was quality, the pool area was fantastic. They even have an outdoor fire pit by the pool in the evening. All that said, I would think twice about staying here again as a result of the air conditioning. They have no way of actually controlling the climate in their rooms. I consider this behavior penny wise and pound foolish.

Room Tip: Stay on the lower floors. Cold air sinks.
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
4 Thank govs99
Also consider these accommodations in or near Uncasville
Hyatt Place Mohegan Sun
Grand Pequot Tower
Grand Pequot Tower
#2 of 4 in Mashantucket
Hilton Garden Inn Mystic Groton

Been to Mohegan Sun? Share your experiences!