New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Review of Mohegan Sun

Mohegan Sun
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Uncasville
South Salem, New York
“And free ice cream, too!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2011

Stayed at Mohegan Sun for one night in April 2011. Valet parking was quick, check-in was quick, elevators were quick. Only room upgrade available was 50$ for suite. Not worth it for one night. My room was on the 28th floor. I think this is a partial smoking floor, as there was a suspicious air purifier in hallway, and hallway smelled less than fresh.The room, on the other hand, did not smell at all. Very clean.

Had a massage at the Spa. Spa not as luxurious as some I've been to, but staff very courteous. Massage was great!!

Casino was lots of fun, with low minimum tables. All the dealers were friendly, and the pit bosses professional. Cocktail waitress service pretty good.

Snack at Margaritaville was OK- just OK. Friendly bartender. And, Ben and Jerry's had "Free Cone Day". What a deal!!
Room service breakfast arrived at the time requested. Hot coffee, OK pastries, good juice.

Only glitch was that even after I got a late check out for 12 noon, mu key had been disabled when I went back to check out at noon! My fault, I guess. All in all a good stay.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank Ambie1957

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (486)
  • Turkish first
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2011

It really is a world at play. enjoyed the spa and pool. went to several of the restaurants- all good. the house choc cake is outstanding! smoke free casino was great. great child care! absolutely beautiful place! room was lovely. only downside is the smoke in the air. you can't really smell it when not in casino but you know its there. sometimes my clothes did smell of smoke.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank petunia629
Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2011

I had the pleasure of staying at the Mohegan Sun Hotel on Feb. 27th. I have to say the most important reason I loved it was the rate that I got it for. The hotel and casino are getting very competitive with Foxwood and give you so much more in free play and other incentives. The service and the personnel was exceptional. The beds are very comfortable. As long as I can get rates like I got, I will continue to stay at Mohegan Sun.
Keep up the good work. The only thing I didn't care for is the facility fee, since I did not use the pool or the exercise room. I feel that should be optional.
Theresa from Adams, Ma

3 Thank teriberi3
New York City, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2011

Valet made us wait 20 minutes to get into the hotel.
We get there and the clerk is curt and somewhat unwilling to
make us feel like we were welcome or wanted.
We paid 450 for 1 night and we got there at 9pm. Didnt mind
just wanted to eat dance and gamble. Was offered the
fridge with the booze and candy for 100.00 which we paid
we spent most of the night in our room changing the channels manually
because there was no remote. We again didnt mind because we
had a small fridge filled with candy, nuts beer and tiny booze bottles
and we were good. Upon checkout the clerk gives me a bill for 117.00
I explain that I had paid for the fridge the night before. She stated that
you pay the 100 to get the small fridge to open. Once its open each item has
a price of 5 to 10 dollars. Wow what a rip off. The 450 dollar room was
not worth it. Never again Mohegan.

• 2 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
9 Thank rovingcritic11
Salisbury, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2011

I attended a conference at Mohegan Sun and was surprised at the start by the free valet parking and the fur coats worn by the personnel greeting you at the resort entrance. Our cove suite was beautiful and spacious. Everything was clean and well appointed. There are plenty of restaurants to choose from, over 30, I believe. Margaritaville has a nice atmosphere for dinner and one of the breakfast buffets was open and is a good deal. There are a lot of nice stores and sites to see. Free music in the Wolf Den nightly. The casinos are very pretty.

The conference facilties are comfortable as well. The toilet seats in the public female bathrooms have automated toilet seat sleeves that slide around by the push of a button. An experience unlike any other. We enjoyed the exercise and pool facilities too.

We didn't get to tour the grounds as there was plenty of snow around and another storm dumped 10 to 15 inches. The grounds crew kept the roadways very clear around the resort...just as good as the highway administration did on the interstate highways.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank BullittGT
Boston
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2011

We stayed here for one Sat night after spending the day with friends in the Casino. The hotel room is in very good shape (we stayed at the MGM nearby twice and the second time showed how the room have wore). The bed is very comfortable however, I didn't find the pillows the same. They are foam pillows and tend to be over filled so it hurts the head because you are so far off the mattress.

The bathroom is very spacious and clean and there is a separate door to close off the toliet from the sink/tub.

There was a vent in the room near the bed where I could overhear over guests (I assume) staying at the hotel. Didn't know how to shut is off so I shoved a handtowel in the vent which quieted the noise.

If you can get a cheap rate I highly recommend staying here.

1 Thank BBuddy
Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2011

We have stayed at the Mohegan Sun Hotel once before. This time we planned our trip for one night and ended up staying for two due to the snow storm that dumped 24 inches in CT. This was mid-week and we got bargain rates due to the fact that is was mid January, not a holiday, and we mentioned our Player Card. The rooms are lovely and very comfortable, the bathrooms spacious, available internet, spa on the premisis, several restaurants to choose from, shopping and gambling...all under one roof. I think we will try this again in the near furure but hopefully minus the snow.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank aedrbf
Also consider these accommodations in or near Uncasville
Hyatt Place Mohegan Sun
Grand Pequot Tower
#2 of 4 in Mashantucket
4.0 of 5 stars 431 reviews
No photo provided

Been to Mohegan Sun? Share your experiences!