“stay away {bed bugs}”

ri
“stay away {bed bugs}”
Reviewed October 8, 2007

BED BUGS-STAY AWAY
i was awakend by my wife on a saturday night there are bugs in our bed.So we called the hotel front desk ,they sent up staff to help us .when the staff arrived they said to us we are going to put you in a new room,this one is infested.So we moved to a new room and the staff would not tell us what we were exposed to.
so here we are on monday with no answers still.We are a regular player here and being treated like a law suit waiting to happen.

• Liked — nothing
  • Disliked — bed bugs
  • Stayed October 2007, traveled with family
8 Thank dbarry22

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (685)
  • Turkish first
Waltham, Massachusetts
Reviewed October 3, 2007

We have stayed at Mohegan Sun many, many times (approximately 10 times). The hotel is gorgeous - the room decor, cleanliness, everything. I have never had a single complaint. The hotel is always kept up maintenance wise, and they got new mattresses not too long ago that are to die for!

The rates are indeed too high, however, we get offered Player's Club rates on certain dates that can't be beat. During our last trip there last week, it was $69 for a Thursday night. They used to offer these rates on Friday nights but the don't any more, and I wish they would.

All in all we love Mohegan Sun and always stay overnight when we visit.

• Stayed September 2007, traveled as a couple
1 Thank jl
upstate NY
Reviewed October 1, 2007

I should NOT be writing this review, as a person who stayed at Mohegan Sun. We stayed at another property down the road but visited this casino on two separate days (all day) while attending the Professional Bull Riders competition. We were both very impressed with the casino and the restaurants. Our first visit here, got lost a few times and separated from each other. All staff we encountered were very helpful, no matter our (sometimes) strange requests. All areas were very clean, and the casino is beautiful. We have been to many casinos - Las Vegas, Laughlin, Atlantic City; Biloxi, Foxwoods, etc. and found Mohegan Sun to among the top three. Good job, folks. We will definitely return.

Stayed September 2007
1 Thank lavonalo
Boston, MA
Reviewed September 18, 2007

Stayed for a weekend for a birthday for me and my fiancee. The rate was lower for a friday and saturday than usual at $430 per night rather than the norm of $500. I must admit our stay was flawless. Upon arriving the valet service was extremely quick along with the check-in clerk, and we were in our room on the 32nd floor within 10 minutes of arriving. The room was extremely clean, a beautiful view of the river and you could see Foxwoods as well. The room was well decorated, the bathroom especially nice. I would compare it to a room at a Four Seasons or Ritz Carlton, but nothing extravangent. The only negative of the entire room was the toilet, as other reviewers noted these toilets are the bathroom equivalent of a 747 revving up for take-off. One especially nice feature was doorbell and Do not disturb sign you can turn on and off along with Housekeeping request. Another was the Mohegan channel with info about the tribe and its history which I really enjoyed. It was nice for a change to stay at a casino-hotel and not get off the elevator to slot machines for once like LV. Every single employee we encountered at the hotel was extremely friendly and helpful. The hotel itself was shockingly quiet even though it was completely booked (and the loud toilets!). Security quietly tamed a party at the end of the hall with professionalism and courtesy, we never even heard it! The food at MS is excellent everywhere from the food court to the restuarants. The express check out is a plus too, you can just sign your name and drop off the keys in a box on your way out. Then, scan your valet ticket and your car arrives outside within minutes. I must admit it was flawless, its just hard swallowing the cost knowing your going to lose $ in the casino which is 95% the reason people are staying there. I hope after blowing some cash there I get some offers for cheaper rates on the weekends!

• Liked — Room
  • Disliked — Price
  • Stayed September 2007, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank SP103
Rutland, Massachusetts
Reviewed September 11, 2007

I originally booked a double queen in order to accommodate my family of three to celebrate my birthday, but upgraded to a river view suite when I realized the sofa made into a queen-size bed. Our room was ready by 1 pm and on the 26th floor. It was absolutely beautiful and had a wonderful view. Since my daughter was 16, we spent a couple of hours shopping and exploring and then decided to try Big Bubbas Bar-B-Q for an early dinner. The atmosphere was great and very family oriented. The napkins were paper towels and the condiments and three bbq sauces were kept handy in a six-pack carton. The food was very good and plentiful; we all had a wonderful time. After dinner, I didn’t want to leave my daughter alone at the arcade but I felt safe enough to leave her in our suite. With a TV in both rooms, music and high-speed internet access, she was just fine. Upon returning to our room, I noticed something on the coffee table and was pleasantly surprised to fine a birthday cake with real plates and silverware sitting neatly on a tray. A card read: Wigwomun (Welcome) Enjoy your special day. From the Management and Staff of Mohegan Sun. Now I'm sure they do this for everyone’s birthday after all I did mention it when upgrading my reservation, but it was so nice and made my birthday even more special. After hitting the casino for a few hours my husband and I returned and collected our daughter for a walk and a late night snack. The food court was just perfect for that and the pepperoni pizza hit the spot. When we went back to our suite, the sofa easily made into a bed and there was plenty of extra blankets and pillows. Our night's sleep was completely uninterrupted, no noise just silence. We will be returning in December for my husband's special day and then just the two of us for our Anniversary in May. Is it expensive? Maybe a bit, it depends on what day of the week you go. Check their website calendar; you can get some great deals. All that aside isn't a celebration or just a day spent a Mohegan Sun worth it. I think it is.

• Liked — The extra touches made it perfect.
  • Disliked — That I couldn't stay more than one night!
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank shadowryter
Middlefield, Connecticut
Reviewed August 27, 2007

We stayed one night in a suite at Mohegan as part of a birthday gift. My husband and I enjoy an occassional evening of gambling at the casino ($$ permitting) so staying at the hotel is always an extra treat. It is fun coming down from your room in the morning and playing a slot or two before breakfast...

The suite itself was amazing, and a good size. It had a little kitchenette, surround sound in the living room, bose radio in the bedroom, and the bathroom had a jacuzzi tub *and* a stand up shower. It was the first time I treated myself to a bath in years. They even provided the robe. We didn't use the pool, which I believe is an extra $10/day.

I have hesitated to stay at the Mohegan hotel before because of the cost, but it's really hard not to enjoy a stay when it's free . . . Would I stay here again, absolutely (nothing beats the location, food, and entertainment in just a few steps). Whether I could afford to stay here again is the real question . . . When you add in the hotel costs with the food and gambling, it can become a very expensive evening!

• Liked — The jacuzzi tub
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled as a couple
2 Thank colbs714
NYC
Reviewed August 20, 2007

Very nice rooms. Phones even next to the toilet. Bathroom was very nice. Clean rooms, clean halls and lobbies.

Has a safe, iron, chairs, desk, etc etc. Beds are comfortable and tv's are regular tv's. All in all, very nice place. Parking garage is a bit far from the rooms.

casino of the sky is across the stores/food area to the earth. earth is for lower limit people. Really bad luck at the table games personally.

very safe. cant get in the elevators unless someone shows a room card at all times (security by the elevators). This was fantastic.

The arena is nice (went for the timberlake concert - zzzzzz, was not for me by the way). those venues are expensive drinks/food of course.

There is an area when you can drop off young kids (play area, enclosed and supervised, charge per hour) so that the adults can go gamble. totally awesome.

All in all, unless you are paying alot, it's a great place to be. I have pics, but they are all greater than 2 mb and i dont feel like shrinking them to upload here.

• Liked — rooms are nice.
  • Disliked — parking garage is far.
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Zeero
Also consider these accommodations in or near Uncasville
Hyatt Place Mohegan Sun
Grand Pequot Tower
Grand Pequot Tower
#2 of 4 in Mashantucket
Hilton Garden Inn Preston Casino Area

Been to Mohegan Sun? Share your experiences!