“Perfect weekend”
other travelers have booked this property
Eat in Kitchen
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Inquiry
Excellent
Eat in Kitchen
tubing on the lake Columbus Day weekend
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

emily_bro...
Brookline, Massachusetts
“Perfect weekend”
Reviewed September 22, 2015 for a stay in September 2015

We had a wonderful weekend at the lake celebrating some good news. Unseasonably warm temperatures meant we could take full advantage of the lovely property -- kayaking, swimming, and grilling! Although the place is small, it is perfectly laid out and never felt cramped, even with two extra guests. Victoria was wonderful and so accommodating to our last-minute booking.

Overall condition of the property Bedding & mattresses
Kitchen & utensils Bathroom cleanliness
Other facilities & amenities Service
Traveling group: Spouse/Partner
HappyCamp...
Enfield, Connecticut
“This one is special. You won't be disappointed. Read my review.”
Reviewed September 15, 2015 for a stay in August 2015

The glistening diamonds created by the sun in the morning on Oxoboxo Lake made me wish I had a magic net to scoop them up and take them home with me. The gentle breezes
softly caressed the umbrella over my head, as I read a book from cover to cover. Serene surroundings supplied the perfect peaceful get-away. I etched the view into my memory, so I might close my eyes and recall it at will. The cottage was more than a home away from home, it was a comfortable retreat with everything I needed close at hand. Like an old friend
I can't wait to see again, I look forward to my return to the cottage on Oxoboxo Lake. Anytime of year would be the right time to spend time at this location. I highly recommend it!
Kay

PS Thank you to Victoria, John and Josie, they are fabulous hosts.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The cottage, the lake and the location.
Liked least: That I could not stay longer.
Traveling group: Solo
Older travelers
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Sep 21, 2015
Thank you for a wonderful review. We look forward to hosting you again in the near future! So happy when our guests love the cottage as much as we love it!
AB
Reviewed January 2, 2014 for a stay in December 2013

A romantic getaway
Jan 2, 2014
Thank You! I hope we get the chance to host you again sometime in the future.
Connecticut
Reviewed May 19, 2013 for a stay in May 2013

A romantic getaway Older travelers
May 19, 2013
Thank You! Glad you enjoyed the boat ride and tour. We hope to see you again soon.
NYC
Reviewed May 13, 2013 for a stay in May 2013

A romantic getaway
May 13, 2013
Thank You! We hope to have the opportunity to have you again soon and maybe next time it will be sunny and warm so you can enjoy the swimming, beach, and fishing!
Sarah N
Toulouse, France
“Beautiful location, even under snow!”
Reviewed April 28, 2013 for a stay in March 2013

The cottage was very clean and the kitchen was the best-equipped of any that we stayed in on our 3 month long tour. The friendly owner was there to greet us an show us around, but otherwise left us in peace. We had a few email exchanges with her during our stay about the expected severe weather, so she was accessible had we needed to contact her about anything else.

There was a big snowstorm while we were there, but the cottage was very cosy and the view out the window over the lake was stunning. No need to go out if you can just sit on the comfy daybed in front of the window and admire the view!

The only drawback for us was that there were no reading lights in the tiny bedroom for reading in bed. One had to use the overly bright overhead light which was not ideal (especially if one person want to read and the other to sleep!)

All in all, this was a very comfortable rental and we had a lovely stay.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The view and the day bed
Liked least: Lack of reading lights in the bedroom.
Traveling group: Spouse/Partner
Recommended for:
Older travelers Families with young children
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Apr 27, 2013
Sarah,
Thank You! Glad you like our kitchen. I am a cook so I tend to have a lot of options here. Glad your stay was comfortable and I will look into getting a better light! Hope to see you sometime soon.
PA
Reviewed September 20, 2012 for a stay in September 2012
person found this review helpful

A romantic getaway Older travelers
Sep 20, 2012
Thank You for staying with us! We hope to see you again.
Thank you for some wonderful photos too!
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing