“Go to Michael Jordon's Instead”

Bobby Flay's Bar Americain
Ranked #11 of 54 Restaurants in Uncasville
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Reviewed July 9, 2018

You're going to spend a lot of money here for food and service not worth it. They have no specials, and on a Friday night, they didn't have items that were on their regular menu--and it was only 7pm! The steaks weren't cooked to order and had to be sent back--and this is supposed to be a steakhouse! You're spending a lot of money, but honestly, aside from the decor and wine list, it wasn't much better than any chain restaurant like Chili's or Applebee's. I will say the clam chowder I had for an appetizer was very good and the souffle dessert was also good--but I'd originally ordered the mixed berry crepes dessert and was told they couldn't make them that night. Another thing from your menu not available on a Friday night? Seriously?
Do yourself a favor and pass on this restaurant. Walk across the hall and go to Michael Jordon's. You won't regret it.

Reviewed July 1, 2018

We live in the area and have eaten in this restaurant several times over the years. It is our go-to place when coming to concerts at Mohegan Sun. They do a good job with the standard steakhouse offerings, plus a few creative dishes, but the menu has really stayed the same with nothing innovative being added. The prices are very high (twice what a comparable Shoreline restaurant fine dining experience comes to), but that is how things work at Mohegan Sun.

Reviewed June 17, 2018

Great service, good food, very nice quiet environment. They were four of us. We had steak, lamb and the salmon. All the entrées were delicious. Dum they were four of us. We had steak, lamb and salmon. All the entrées were delicious. Don’t miss the deep dish chocolate pudding!

Reviewed June 3, 2018 via mobile

My husband and I went for our anniversary and loved everything we ordered. The crab coconut was amazing and the portion size very generous. The deviled eggs were super yummy! The mussels were great and I stole several bites of my husbands mahi mahi. The server was attentive and wished us a happy anniversary with a small serving of sorbet (we were too full to order dessert) which was a fantastic pallet cleanser.

We will be back!

Reviewed April 26, 2018

My wife and I have dined at Bobby's at least 4 or five times since the restaurant opened. We have ordered most of the great dishes on the menu and enjoyed them all. However, the basic menu has changed very little since they opened and we have found little reason to go back often because the menu is so predictable. The restaurant is beautiful and deserves a more exciting menu.