“thank you”

Good for: Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Reviewed January 18, 2013

my mom is nine years cancer free. every year on her anniversary she picks a restaurant to visit. this year she picked bar americain. never been there before but everything was perfect. our waitress was wonderful. we both had the same dish. we didn't know what to order but when our waitress mentioned the lobster was out of the shell we ordered it. we had soup, the lobster, french fries. everything was superb.. we had a wonderful time. thank you for making my moms evening perfect.

Reviewed January 14, 2013

My family and I went to Bobby Flay's Bar American to try a different food experience from other restauurants at Mohegan Sun (and we've tried most). Let me tell you, this was by far one of the best, not only the food (you have to try the steaks and duck)but the service was outstanding. Our server, Shannon was so nice, professional extremely knowledgeable of the entire menu that we didn't want to leave. Service was impeccable. I would highly reccomend to go there.

Reviewed January 11, 2013

A friend and I had the chance to dine at Bar Americain over the holidays the food and service was excellent. THe was a little pricey but definately worth it. I started with the Spicy Tuna Tartare which was very good and then I had the New York Strip which was seasoned and cooked perfectly. The spinach side dish was also excellent, but next time I will pass on the Asparagus dish which was a little overcooked for my taste. The server was attentive and helpful. I will definately dining here again when I am back in the area.

Reviewed January 5, 2013

There are cheaper places to eat at the Casino (and others comparably priced) but I have no complaints. Our dinner for two with wine and beer was about $150 including the tip. The selection was varied and quite appealing. It made choosing our orders a pleasant if time consuming experience. We settled on the rib-eye steak and rack of pork. We selected our sides separately ($9 each) and had a delicious meal with ample portions (i.e. leftovers). The meat was cooked to order/perfection.

We had an early meal and were the first guests so we decided to eat at the bar. The bartender was friendly and helpful but gave us space to enjoy our meal. He was particularly helpful when it came to the beer selection which was fantastic and much of it new to me. There was a great selection of bottled beer with an assortment of prices to satisfy all tastes. I tried a few of the Trappist style offerings and felt I could have come back each day just to continue the experience. The wine choices were similarly good.

I am a big fan of Bobby Flay's cooking shows and was not disappointed. I have no problem recommending the Bar Americain.

Reviewed January 3, 2013

Maybe it was the holiday; maybe it was the fact that I’ve always wanted to try Bar Americain. We drank at the bar and ate Thanksgiving dinner in the restaurant. The bar was nice, but the staff was courteous and, after all, what can you do to spoil a beer!

The restaurant service was just OK. The food quantity was very minimal, albeit nicely presented. Unfortunately, the quality wasn’t any better than you’d get in a decent deli. We left hungry and with the feeling that we had been grossly overcharged ($150 bill for two dinners, 2 glasses of wine and one desert).

I don’t often write poor reviews of restaurants I visit, but this was definitely a poor experience.