“Disappointing”

Ranked #2 of 51 Restaurants in Uncasville
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch
Description: Bobby's Burger Palace (BBP) presents signature burgers inspired by Chef Bobby Flay's extensive travels throughout America and love of the grill in a convenient casual setting.
Hartford, Connecticut
“Disappointing”
Reviewed May 31, 2010

After getting scared away by Bar Americain's menu of $30+ entrees we decided to go for the more affordable Bobby Flay experience. Of course it being in a casino and having Bobby Flay's name stamped on it, it was still pricey but not terrible.

I ordered the burger with blue cheese and my girlfriend ordered the classic and we shared an order of fries. We also ordered beer and the lady at the register asked for ID and I guess still wasn't convinced that we were of age so she made us fill out a form stating that in the event that we are found to be underage and using fake ID's she can't be held responsible. Pretty ridiculous in my opinion considering we were holding up a long line as we were filling the form out and we were using pretty clearly valid licenses. We got the food and it was really not special. The meat had no flavor I don't think they seasoned it at all, the fries were soggy and greasy, and whatever the hell the "burger sauce" was tasted like rancid cow juice. It seemed like the beef equivalent of fish sauce. The one thing we did like was the chipotle frie sauce. I honestly think I have made better burgers and I am one of the worst cooks out there. The only thing that seemed to make these burgers any more gourmet or delectable than a burger you could get anywhere else is that they use watercress instead of lettuce but honestly who really cares? They both just taste like a green leaf vegetable of your burger.

It wasn't terrible I just think I expected a lot more.

NYC
“Bobby never fails”
Reviewed January 5, 2010

I went to BBP Saturday night and was very pleased. The only complaint I have is that it's on the small side and it was a little crowded and not easy to find a seat. You seat yourself and when it's crowded, you kind of have to take what's left. It was a cool looking restaurant though and the food is worth it anyway. I had the crunchburger and it was great. My boyfriend had the classic and it was also perfect. They have a great selection of ketchups and sauces on the counter and they were pretty good. The french fries were awesome and the onion rings were very good but huge. I also had the pear margarita and it was delicious. I thought it was reasonably priced and the burgers were great. We'll definitely be back.

“Bit disappointed. Burgers were good, but...”
Reviewed December 15, 2009

Bit disappointed. Burgers were good, but not great, onion rings and fries were very oily. Milkshakes were excellent. Service was fast and friendly. Will give it a second chance to try another burger.

Rhode Island
“Willing to give it a second chance....”
Reviewed October 15, 2009

We ate here in August of 2009. It was about 9pm on a Thursday and the restaurant was not busy. The bar was pretty full and we chose to sit in the last two seats. I was so excited to try this place and it was a huge disappointment. To be fair,it was brand new,and I am sure there were kinks to be worked out. I ordered my burger medium well and my fiance ordered his well. We had one order of regular fries and one order of sweet potato fries. They were delicious! Our burgers arrived RAW and I mean a red,dripping mess. We had to convince the bartender that they were not cooked correctly and then convince him further to return them to the kitchen to be cooked to order. He kept insisting that they were soooo busy and that was why our dinner was taking so long. Not so. There were probably 15 people in the place at the time. It was just plain weird. Its not a big burger,its not a thick burger,how hard it is it?? Anyway my fiance finally paid for our fries and drinks and we left. Let me say,I would have expected management to pick up the tab for the horrible service. The bartender was fine,but the delay in the kitchen was totally unacceptable. Anyway,I want to try it again. Not sure about my fiance. He was really turned off by the attitude of almost every person in the place.

USA
“The Best Burger, Sweet Potato fries, and shakes!”
Reviewed October 8, 2009

We visited Bobby's Burger Palace (BBP) at the Mohegan Sun Casino.

Let me start by saying that is was alot to order from. But, this is what I got:

L.A. Burger (crunchfied=potato chips in the burger)
Sweet potato fries
Coconut shake
Pistachio shake

The burger was cooked perfectly and the chips inside was crunchy and not soggy. The burger was very favorful and not dry and had the perfect amount of spices in it.
Sweet potato fries were very good. Try them with the chipotle ketchup!
Both shakes were excellent!

2 Thank traveler3773