“good pizza”

Cuisines: Pizza
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed October 28, 2012

We stopped by Pepe's to grab a pizza to take back to our room after a night in the casino. It was a slow weeknight at Mohegan so we stood at the counter and talked to the help while waiting . They were super friendly and even showed me how the coal fired pizza oven worked. The pizza is thin crust and somewhat crunchy . It went well with a couple cold ones.

Reviewed October 22, 2012

I had heard about Pepe's pizza, but never had to chance to try it until this weekend. Yes, it's in the food court at the casino - get over it, people! The pizza is fantastic! The crust was crisp and the toppings fresh. There was just enough cheese and ooooh, that garlic! I definitely will get more the next time I am there.

Reviewed October 14, 2012

While on a business trip to Connecticut, my youngest son dropped in on me at my hotel for a night. He' lived in Fairfield for the past four years where Frank Pepe operated a pizzaria and knew there was one near my hotel. As usual, he got a pepperoni pizza. I, on the other hand, got adventurous. I knew they had a special white pizza with clams. My old favorite at Uno's used to be the Bianco; a white pizza with sausage and mushrooms but they discontinued it (bad mistake). So I decided to try something new and had them add freshly made crumbled Italian sausage to the clams. While my son's pizza was of typical high quality, mine was the best pizza I have ever eaten. The perfectly cooked chewy clams were complemented by the melt-in-your-mouth sausage. Try it, you'll like it!

Reviewed October 11, 2012

I have eaten several times at Frank Pepe Pizzeria prior to the Connecticut Sun basketball games. I've never had a bad meal. One reason I like the pizza, is because it has thin crispy crust. In addition, I have tried different toppings on my pizza. Their classic is the white clam pizza. This pizza is good, but it is not my favorite. I love the basic tomato pie (no cheese) with onions and peppers. I like to eat healthy, so this is the closest I can get. The pizza is very tasty, and there is enough ingredients to satisfy one's hunger. Furthermore, I have no complaints with the service. Finally, I'm not going to complain about the prices. I am a Connecticut Sun season ticket holder, so I get a 10% discount.

Reviewed October 1, 2012

I work two blocks from the original Pepe's Pizza so when my wife sad she wanted to try it out I had my doubts. We had the pepperoni pizza and the sauce was the same, cheese was the same and or the most part the crust was the same. The only difference I could notice was on the bottom of the pizza was not that dark charcoal like coating you get when you have the original. That being said the pizza was excellent and the waitress was very friendly.