“Awful”

Ranked #10 of 51 Restaurants in Uncasville
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Bar, Grill
Good for: Families with children, Bar scene, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Margaritaville is a fresh tropical breeze in the Casino of the Wind at Mohegan Sun. The Porch of Indecision, with the only waterfront view at the Casino, overlooks the Thames River with a wall of windows to catch the breeze when the weather is nice. But watch out for the Nor'easter, a storm that pours not rain but margaritas into our giant blender! The island-inspired menu offers something for everyone with American and regional favorites and of course, signature margaritas.
Reviewed February 4, 2013 via mobile

This place is bad. I have never had a good meal here. If you must, keep it simple like hot wings, nachos, or whatever. But really there are much better options in this casino. If you are into the Caribbean decor, or if you are excited to eat at a table which makes you feel like you are on a boat, have at it.

CourtneyGuestService, Guest Relations Manager at Margaritaville Mohegan Sun, responded to this reviewResponded February 6, 2013

FroggyBumBum - We are very sorry to see this is how you feel about our place. We aim to be the best and will take your comments very seriously.

Reviewed February 3, 2013

My friend suggested going to Margaritaville last night at Mohegan Sun. I have eaten there before with my family, BUT yesterday was different, let me explain; It was a very busy Saturday night, but we were seated in 10 minutes!! We sat upstairs and were greeted by a waiter named Mike (last name starts with an H). His personality needs to be patented, Yes! bottled and sold! I have never come across such an accommodating, happy waiter in my life, and I have dined at some high end restaurants. He actually listened and heard what I said. Frankly, I was shocked at how honestly happy he was the entire time I was there. He helped other tables, he was picking up small pieces of garbage on the floor that he could have easily walked over. Where did you find him, because he could teach classes on being a waiter. My drinks were amazing and my appetizer and food was fantastic! I would wait hours just to be waited on by Mike, and yes I demanded to speak with a very nice manager (Ian) to let him know how I felt. Thank you Margaritaville, I will be going back sooner then later with my family!

CourtneyGuestService, Guest Relations Manager at Margaritaville Mohegan Sun, responded to this reviewResponded February 5, 2013

Embethct - Thank you, thank you, thank you! We appreciate you visiting us and sharing these kind words. Not only are we thrilled you enjoyed our food and drinks, it is simply wonderful hearing what memorable service you had with us. We will thank Mike for a job well done and share your comments with the entire staff! We hope to see you and your family soon!

Reviewed January 29, 2013

Jimmy Buffett's is one of our favorite resteraunts at the Sun. Our latest visit was for a late lunch. My husband and I weren't too hungry, so we opted for the Crab and Corn Bisque, my son had the veggie burger with NY cheesecake for dessert. Everything was delious as always. Our waitress Sally was great. I would highly recommend Jimmy Buffetts.

CourtneyGuestService, Guest Relations Manager at Margaritaville Mohegan Sun, responded to this reviewResponded January 31, 2013

CGriffin1957 - Thank you for all of your visits! It is wonderful to know you can rely on us for great food, service and fun!

Reviewed January 28, 2013

The food is so-so... It was good but nothing great. However, the atmosphere is fun. The drinks were delicous. 2 Incommunicado's and you'll have trouble speaking too!
Sally our waitress was very insightful! The nachos looked delicous at the table over from us but glad she had told us they were bigger than a meal as they were HUGE!!
Hubby liked his Jambalaya and my quesadillas were good too - a bit soggy but still good!
Good resturant for the Casino overall!

CourtneyGuestService, Guest Relations Manager at Margaritaville Mohegan Sun, responded to this reviewResponded January 29, 2013

KatieJane1980 - Thank you for spending some time with us! We are very happy you had a fun visit. All of your comments, especially regarding the food, will be shared with the team.

Reviewed January 27, 2013

Recently to a coworker out to celebrate his birthday. My expectations were exceeded. The menu was varied, with several healthy options. The food was well prepared and portions were generous. What really stood out was the service. Our server was upbeat, friendly, and very accommodating. We never waited for refills on our drinks. She frequently checked in with our party to make sure we had what we needed.

lkb925 - We are thrilled to hear we exceeded your expectations! It is especially nice to know what amazing service you had during your visit. Thank you for celebrating with us and we hope to see you all again soon!