Hyatt Place Mohegan Sun
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Mohegan Sun(Uncasville)
Courtyard Norwich(Norwich)
1,470 results
All reviewsmohegan sunfree breakfastsectional couchfree shuttleuntil midnightshuttle servicebagelsevery half hoursitting areagreat alternativegreat place to staywould definitely stay here againroom was spacioushot breakfastfitness centerking bedindoor pool
FilterAll languages
Reviewed November 2, 2010

Hotel is located within a few minutes of Mohegan Sun, so it's a great alternative to the pricey weekend rates of the casino. Nice front desk service. Modern clean rooms. Only thing we didn't like was the breakfast. Included with the daily rate is a very limited selection, i.e. cereal & bagels. Overall I would recommend and go back.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 13, 2010

Just what I wanted. A quiet N/S room very clean room away from the elevator. I couldn't ask for more. The front desk was very helpful and genuinely cared about my comfort. My room was very clean and my King Size bed was truly comfortable. The hotel was packed this weekend (Columbus Day Weekend), and I don't think the hotel staff was prepared for that. We did have to wait 40 minutes for a two person hot breakfast and missed most of my 40th reunion classmates who had eaten and retired to their rooms to pack, but the staff and hotel itself was lovely. In my opinion, it is managements fault that the staff was overworked and could not keep up. I feel they should have known better than to book the hotel full, and not have enough staff on hand to handle the crowds. I hope they have learned from this . I still love Hyatt Place and will continue to recommend them. I love the Asian motiff.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed October 12, 2010

This is an excellent alternative to the over priced Mohegan Sun. On priceline got the room for half the cost of Mohegan Sun room and it is nicer. The hotel provides free shuttle service (5min ride) to the Mohegan up until 2am every 1/2 hour. If it does not arrive you can just call the hotel and they will contact the shuttle driver and send him immediately. Shuttle van hold about 15 people.

Staff was very friendly. Check in took all of 5 minutes. Room is incredibly spacious with a half wall that separates bedroom from a sitting area with a full couch. On the half wall sits a 42 inch plasma flat screen that swivels to face either the bed or the couch. Coffee maker, iron/ironing board, compact refrigerator all supplied. Room very clean and bright. Wireless service in room actually works. King bed very comfortable. Vanity area separate from shower/toilet bathroom. Nice oversized shower (only) with rain drop type shower head. Water pressure adequate.

Unique part of this hotel for me was the lack of restaurant in favor of a Guest Kitchen. Was skeptical but I believe it works based on the hotels location and the multitude of restaurants in the area. Basically you use self service kiosks to order whatever you want to eat and pay with credit card or hotel key card. Then pick up you food and they have a sitting area with various size tables and with flat screen tv's throughout to watch. There is even a 6 seat full service bar with a flat screen behind the bar for sports viewing. Hotel claims this option is available 24/7 though I did not use it late night.
Hotel provides free continental breakfast to hotel guest.

Also a small gym with 3 brand new treadmills, 2 elliptical machines and some free weight dumbbells. Cardio equipment is hooked up to cable for TV viewing.

Very nice hotel.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 12, 2010

Hyatt Place in Uncasville exceeded my expectations. The hotel is brand new and the design and extremely large rooms are incredible, especially for the price. The staff was very friendly and helpful. Our shuttle driver was extremely personable. We took advantage of the fitness center. All in all it was a very pleasant stay and I would recommend it very highly.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 8, 2010

I organized an event at this hotel that required 50 rooms. From start to finish, the service, and more importantly the attitude of the staff and management was exceptional. At every turn I experienced thoughtful and courteous assistance and attention. Our group attended events in Noank, New London, and at the Mohegan Sun, and the ease of access to the hotel via freeway and county roads was superb. The rooms are very large, super clean, and remarkably comfortable for this price range ($169/night on the weekend next to the Mohegan Sun), and our group thought it was worth every penny. The "living-room-gallery" concept was warm and friendly, and the continental breakfast was ample (eggs to order were available for nominal charge). I highly recommend this hotel, and will probably try other Hyatt Place hotels in the future as a result of my stunningly positive experience there.

• Stayed: October 2010