“New and Clean!”

Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Uncasville
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed July 15, 2014

All Positive!!!
New hotel with van transportation to the casino.
Small sign off street can be easily missed - pay attention
Very friendly and accommodating staff
Extremely comfortable beds!!
Clean clean clean!!
Nice strong shower
Mini fridge, coffee maker, etc.
All electronic hook-ups, nice flat screen tv and clock radio with CD player
Hot breakfast included - average hotel food, good selection
Patio to sit outside
Indoor pool (small)

2 suggestions to hotel:
- shelves in the shower/bathroom to put clothes and toiletries would be helpful
- better lighting over sink and an area for ladies to apply make-up

Great stay and would recommend and go back!

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
GeneralManager1234, General Manager at Hyatt Place Mohegan Sun, responded to this reviewResponded July 20, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write suck a positive review on our hotel.

I can assure you that our staff strives to make each guests staff enjoyable. It certainly appears that you experienced thier great service.

As we plan ahead, I will take your comments regarding the bathroom into consideration for our future plans.

Again, my sincere appreciation and thanks.

sincerely,

John Marko

Write a ReviewReviews (1,431)

Reviewed July 14, 2014

This place was great...room was spacious, clean, and very comfortable. The bed was especially comfortable; got a great night's sleep! The staff was very accommodating and the "deluxe continental breakfast" was very nice (though I have to say that they had the worst coffee I've ever had in my life....but there are plenty of other places in the area to get coffee. Small inconvenience.) I'm in this area fairly frequently, and this will now be my place to stay. I really loved this place. A little bit pricey, but definitely worth it. Am looking forward to my next visit!

Room Tip: Just ask for a quiet room. I did, and they tucked us away on the top floor in a corner room -- no o...
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Sooz I
GeneralManager1234, General Manager at Hyatt Place Mohegan Sun, responded to this reviewResponded July 21, 2014

Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a nice review on the Hyatt Place, Uncasville, Ct.

the staff will be happy to hear such positive comments.

The coffe served is STARBUCKS brand and can have a bolder flavor.

Again, thank you so much and I am happy that you will be returning to our hotel for future stays.

Sincerley

Reviewed July 13, 2014 via mobile

I'll make this short and sweet.

PROS:
- excellent free breakfast
- free wifi and parking
- great room: spacious, clean, modern (bring your own body lotion though)
- smooth and easy check-in and check-out process
- close to the casino (only $7 cab)

CONS:
- check in is at 4pm and that is just stupid
- pool is disappointing and not really a place you're going to want to hang out
- shuttle service to return ends at 2am so that's pretty lame
- bar closes at 1am
- food takes forever if you order from the hotel's room service
- "fitness center" is pretty much 3 treadmills

OVERALL not bad if you don't have high expectations.

• Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank ana17925
GeneralManager1234, General Manager at Hyatt Place Mohegan Sun, responded to this reviewResponded July 22, 2014

Please accept my thanks for your comments.

With your feedback we are able to take measures to improve our service.

Your positive comments regarding breakfast, clean and spacious rooms and our other services are most appreciated.

Regarding your comments on our hours of operation for the shuttle, bar and check-in times, I want you to know we review these areas constantly to insure they meet the demands of our guests. We will take your comments into considration as we review sercie standards.

You may not have viewed all of our equipment in the exercise room. For your future refernce and use, the room is equiped with 3 treadmills, 2 bikes, 2 eliptical machines, 2 exercise benches and free weights. These are all Lifestyle branded machines.

Again thank you for your comments.

Sincerely

Reviewed July 12, 2014

Unless you get a comp, there is no such thing as a cheap night at Mohegan Sun. Hyatt Place is much more reasonable. The rooms are very clean. The staff was very friendly. And the shuttle to the casino was convenient. To people complaining that the shuttles on the way back are filled with drunks and kids, I say, "No duh." That's why people take the shuttle.

The shuttle itself does get an interesting mix of people, including Tony the driver. Both nights were concerts, and he played music from the artists on the way there. He's got his standard jokes he tells and makes the short trip pleasant. So give him a few bucks.

Breakfast buffet is included. The eggs and sausage are just ok. Grab some cereal and some baked goods instead.

We would definitely consider staying here again if we come back.

Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank dball213

I would like to personally thank you for taking the time to review our hotel.

It is nice to receive your positive comments.

tony will be pleased that you enjoyed his "show", he truly loves his job and has fun with the guests.

Your comments will be passed on to the staff.

thanks again and I hope to provide you accomodations again.

Sincerely

Reviewed July 11, 2014

Friendly staff. nice, well appointed rooms within a few minutes of Mohegan Sun. Great for staying over for events at Mohegan Sun, Free shuttle service to/from Mohegan Sun and excellent free breakfast is very convenient for travelers.

Room Tip: Free shuttle service between Mohegan Sun and hotel
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
GeneralManager1234, General Manager at Hyatt Place Mohegan Sun, responded to this reviewResponded July 27, 2014

Please accept my thanks for your positive review of our hotel, staff and shuttle service.

The staff prides themselves on alwys tring to provide the best service to out guests.

I am happy that you experienced this positive effort.

Thank you agian and I look forward to hosting you on your next visit to the area.

Sincerley,

Reviewed July 10, 2014

Had 3 nights comped at Mohegan Sun but had another day off work so decided to get a room at Hyatt as it is very close and had a good rate on Sunday night.
The check in as usual was quick and easy and early (2pm I think)
The room was clean and nice temperature.
One bad thing was when I went to take a shower for some reason it was pointing out and got the floor all wet but easy fix and love the shower here.
Was able to check some emails before heading back to casino for the night.

I like the room setup also as the TV is pointed to the couch but easy to turn towards the bed.
Room is quiet I was at end of hall so to be expected

After a good night sleep (I dont sleep well in hotels either way) I went to get the breakfast but wasnt hungry so just grabbed a coffee (got buffett at Mohegan later)

Overall a good stay and good rate, I am sure I will be back again.

Room Tip: Ive stayed on different floors here, would suggest the first to not have to wait for elevators.
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank Ron C

thank you for reviewing our hotel on Trip Advisor.

It was nice to recieve such positive comments.

I will be sharing them with the staff, as they always like to hear feedback from our guests.

thank you again. I look forward to hosting you again.

Sincerley,

Reviewed July 8, 2014

As with most people, we stayed here to avoid paying the ridiculous prices at Mohegan for a night. The hotel is super close to the casino (5 minute drive with parking). Parking and check in was a breeze, everyone super friendly. Our room was huge, two double beds and a sofa. Hotel was super clean and updated.

Breakfast was okay, nothing fancy, but it was fine.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Kat1999
GeneralManager1234, General Manager at Hyatt Place Mohegan Sun, responded to this reviewResponded July 10, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to share your positive experience with the Hyatt Place, Uncasville, Ct on Trip advisor.

the staff of the hotel strive to make each guests stay positive.

I hope you will have the opportunity to staff with us agin.

John Marko

Also consider these accommodations in or near Uncasville
Mohegan Sun
Hilton Garden Inn Preston Casino Area
Hampton Inn Norwich
Hampton Inn Norwich
#1 of 6 in Norwich

Been to Hyatt Place Mohegan Sun? Share your experiences!