“Nice clean hotel... Must stay”

Hyatt Place Mohegan Sun
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Uncasville
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed April 11, 2013 via mobile

This hotel was amazing. It looks brand new. The staff was very friendly and the room was very clean. This hotel offers a shuttle to the casino which is very nice.
We were going to stay at the Mohegan Sun but they want $400/ night. Here we paid around $125 and it was perfect.
The bed was very comfortable and the room was a perfect size. I would recommend this hotel to anyone. It was really a pleasant stay.
They also have a continental breakfast which had a vey nice assortment of foods. Great job Hyatt place

• Stayed: March 2013
Timothy S, General Manager at Hyatt Place Mohegan Sun, responded to this reviewResponded April 18, 2013

Hello,
Thank you for your review of our hotel and services! We truly appreciate that you took the time to review our hotel and share your experiences with the Trip Advisor community. We would love to have you and your family return to our hotel the next time you are visiting southeastern CT. Please do not hesitate to call on us directly to assist you with your reservations. It is our pleasure to be of assistance to you.

Reviewed April 10, 2013

Paid over $200/night for a hotel that is worth $99/night at best. Requested early check-in and non-smoking. Was able to check-in 2 hrs early but the room smelled of smoke. I found two long black hairs on the bed coverings (i'm a blonde). Also could see something had dripped down the faux leather headboard. Furniture was worn and the room set-up is just not very functional. The best part is that we left my husband's phone charger in the room and called the hotel about it. Lucy did call me back a day later and stated that she found it. She offered to mail it to me but advised that the hotel WOULD NOT pay for shipping, so I had to give her my credit card over the phone. She specifically asked whether I wanted it shipped regular mail or Fedex and I asked her to send it regular mail to save on the cost. For the price of Fedex you could buy a new charger. It took over a week to get the charger and it was sent Fedex and I was charger $22+!! I followed up with the hotel and Marie Marcheterre, Controller, sent me a charming email about how it's not the hotel's responsibility to send guests their lost and found items and that they would not refund any of the shipping cost. How can you charge those kinds of prices and be so classless? And they didn't pay to ship the item ...I did! Kudos to the Hyatt for a dirty room with a view of a building only 2 feet away and horrible customer service from the top down to the bottom. We will be sure to never stay in another Hyatt. If you're in the area, stay at Microtel. It costs less and was a much better stay. Go figure.

Room Tip: Room 612 has a nice view of another builidng 2 feet away. It's stunning ...NOT!
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank carriec0303

Hello,
Thank you for your review of our Hotel and Services. Please allow me to apologize that you stay and interaction with our associates was not up to standard. Please know it is never our intention to disappoint any of our guests and we take all of our guest’s feedback very seriously.
We completely understand any frustration that you may have experienced as a result of the cost to ship your lost item but please know that we do not set the rates for shipping; the shipper does. If it was meant to be shipped via the United States Postal Service I do sincerely apologize for the miscommunication however it should be noted that the charges would have been similar. If you would like to speak with me directly I would encourage you to contact me. My name is Timothy Santos and I am the General Manager of the Hyatt Place Mohegan Sun. I can be reached by dialing our main number (860) 383-1234. Thank you for your time today and it is my sincere hope that you are willing to stay with our property or another Hyatt Property for your future travel needs.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

Tried Hyatt Place once. Had some problems. Needed handicapped room and transport to/from Mohegan Casino. Could not get transport that both I and my handicapped wife could use. Ended up going in our car.Room taken to, called Handicapped, was only partially so. Took a while to get a fully handicapped room and move to that. Coffee /snack/food facility was pretty good. For the difference in price vs convienience, I would go Mohegan. If you want good, inexpensive, free breakfast and coffee basically all the time and transportation that is better in my opinion, try Microtel.

Room Tip: Review based mostly on negative handicapped expierience some time ago. May have improved, but double...
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
Timothy S, General Manager at Hyatt Place Mohegan Sun, responded to this reviewResponded April 10, 2013

Hello!
Thank you for your review of our hotel and services. Our guest’s reviews go a long way in helping us better understand the needs of our guests and areas that we need improvement on. I am sorry that you have waited to review our hotel but I am happy that you did. We have improved on most if not all areas that you have mentioned in your survey but that is easy for me to say. I would encourage you to consider our property on your next visit to southeastern CT to test our improvements; it is my sincere hope that you find our hotel strikes the right balance between price, amenity as well as convenience. If you would like to speak with me directly to discuss any aspect of your stay or the needs for a future stay please contact me. My name is Timothy Santos and I am the General Manager of the Hyatt Place Mohegan Sun. I am always more than willing to assist you personally. Thank you again for your review of our property. We look forward to your next visit with us!

Reviewed April 8, 2013

This hotel offers great service. All employees were courteous, helpful and friendly.
The premises are impecable and modern. The rooms are very stylish and spacious.

The rates are quite reasonable and breakfast is included.

They have frequent shuttles to Mohegan Sun or you could drive, is only five minutes away.

We had a great experience in this hotel.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family

Thank you!
We truly appreciate your review of our hotel and services. We take our guest reviews to heart and we are always working to improve our hotels offerings and service. Your positive review helps us in knowing that we are meeting these goals! Thank you again for your time and efforts. It is truly appreciated!

The Hyatt Place.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

Me, My husband and another couple stayed at the Hyatt Place Mohegan Sun in March. We stayed there because we were going to Mohegan Sun and it was more affordable to stay there than at the casino, plus it had a free shuttle that ran pretty late night.
Rooms were great, very nice bed and the decor was updated and swanky. Great Shower too. Our only complaint... Breakfast was TERRIBLE. the restaurant area smelled like soy sauce and dirty water. There was no meat to go with your soggy eggs and clearly once frozen pancakes. Nothing was being restocked and it was a very busy restaurant. There were fruit flies which ALWAYS skeeves me out!
other than that we would go back but probably eat somewhere else.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends

Hello!
Thank you for your review of our hotel, the Hyatt Place Mohegan Sun. We truly appreciate your candid feedback about our hotel and service and are happy to know that you will continue to consider us for your upcoming trips to Southeastern CT. We are however very concerned about your impressions of our breakfast service and the review you provided. First please allow me to apologize for this experience and reassure you that this is not typical of our food and beverage operations. We take all of our reviews very seriously and act on them. Additionally, if you would like to discuss your experiences with me directly I am more than willing to make myself available to you at your convenience. My name is Timothy Santos and I am the General Manager of the Hyatt Place Mohegan Sun, I can be reached by dialing our main number 860-383-1234. Thank you again for your time and patronage of our property. We look forward to another opportunity to host you again in the near future!

Reviewed April 8, 2013

The hotel was a great location to the Mohegan Sun casino and so affordable. The shuttle service provided was timely and the drivers were so friendly. The hotel offered food service 24 hours a day but when we returned to the hotel at 1am they were running behind food orders 50minutes. We were a bit disappointed. Hotel room itself was new and clean. Lots of space and had separate area with a roomy couch. Would definitely stay here again but will bring our own late night munchies!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple

Hello!
Thank you for your review of our hotel and services. I happy to read that you enjoyed our property, shuttle services and convenience to Mohegan Sun but am disappointed that on your return trip to the hotel our kitchen was running behind. If you would like to speak to me directly about any experiences that you have had, late night snacks included, please do not hesitate to contact me directly. My name is Timothy Santos and I am the General Manager of the Hyatt Place Mohegan Sun. I would be more than willing to make myself available to you. Again thank you for your time and review. We hope to have the opportunity to host you again in the near future!

Reviewed April 1, 2013

I stayed at the Hyatt for one night March 31-April 1st 2013, great hotel without the extravagant Mohegan prices, awesome free breakfast, shuttle to the casino also free, the bed was super comfy and I loved that was spotless clean, great customer service as well, , I loved it so much I am already planning another trip! Stay here, you won't be dissapointed!

• Stayed: March 2013
Timothy S, General Manager at Hyatt Place Mohegan Sun, responded to this reviewResponded April 4, 2013

Thank you!
We truly appreciate your review of hotel and services. We are already looking forward to your next stay with us and if we can do anything to make that stay a more enjoyable one please do not hesitate to contact us directly; we are always available to assist you!
The Hyatt Place

Also consider these accommodations in or near Uncasville
Mohegan Sun
Hilton Garden Inn Preston Casino Area
Hyatt Place Mystic
Hyatt Place Mystic
#3 of 13 in Mystic

Been to Hyatt Place Mohegan Sun? Share your experiences!