“Great Location. Great Price. Friendly service!”

Hyatt Place Mohegan Sun
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Uncasville
GreenLeadersBronze level
“Great Location. Great Price. Friendly service!”
Reviewed February 20, 2013

I booked the Hyatt Place as a quick getaway for Mohegan Sun for 2/18/13. The price was great and the location perfect. Upon checking in, the woman at the front desk helped us and filled us in on all the amenities and gave us times for the shuttle to the casino. After settling into our room, we went down to the small bar for a quick drink. The young man working the bar was friendly and accommodating. Unfortunately we did not get his name (young skinny guy wearing glasses). The next morning we were pleasantly surprised with the quick continental breakfast on the way out to head home. The only concern we had was the lighting in the bathroom seemed dark, but it was not anything to stress over! Overall we had a great experience and will definitely be returning to stay here again.

• Stayed February 2013
1 Thank Rob22281
Timothy S, General Manager at Hyatt Place Mohegan Sun, responded to this review, March 19, 2013
Thank you Rob!
Awesome review! We really appreciate it. I will be sure to share this with Alex (the skinny guy wearing glasses) that you had encountered at our bar. He is awesome and really appreciates the feedback. Please know that we take all of our guest’s reviews, good and bad, very seriously. It means a lot that you have taken the time to review our hotel and better yet that you had a positive experience with us. We look forward to your next visit and if we can ever be of assistance, here or with any other Hyatt property please let us know. We want you to only consider us when traveling and we are more than willing to assist you if given the opportunity to do so. Thank you again for your time today Rob, we hope to see you again very soon.

The Hyatt Place

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (154)
New York City, New York
Reviewed February 19, 2013

We stayed at the Hyatt this past weekend and loved it. The shuttle to the casino was very convenient. On time and professional. Tony the driver was awesome! Rooms were clean and bed was comfortable. I slept like a log. Breakfast was decent/sufficient. My only minor complaint is the setup of the bathroom. the sink is outside the shower so if your partner is trying to take a nap and you are drying your hair/brushing your teeth they will be woken up. Also, they could include a few more toiletries like a shower cap & mouth wash. This won't keep us from staying at a Hyatt though. Customer Service was excellent too.. Front desk was very pleasant.

Thank you!
We truly appreciate your review of our hotels services and amenities. Please know that we take each guests feedback to heart, we make improvements each day with the ultimate goal of becoming every travelers first choice when visiting Southeastern CT. I am very happy that our associates were available and professional during your stay with us. I would also like for you to know that during your next visit we can make small items such as shower caps and mouth wash available to you, as we have them located with our front desk. These are complimentary and we are more than happy to provide those too you upon request. Thank you again for taking the time to review our hotel. We are already looking forward to your next visit!
Buzzards Bay, Massachusetts
Reviewed February 17, 2013

I stayed here on Friday, February 15th. The staff upon arrival was very friendly. We checked right in and went up to our room on the 6th floor. There was definitely a strong musty smell in the room, but we were in a rush to catch the shuttle and get over to the casino for our dinner reservation that I never asked for a new room. The room itself was very nice and the bed was comfortable. Breakfast was okay. I had two rubbery pancakes, thankfully I wasn't that hungry. Not much of an offering, but I wasn't really expecting too much with a continental breakfast. Tony the shuttle driver was great. The only thing holding me back from visiting again is the musty smell. If they can get that under control I would visit again.

Hello!
Thank you for your review of our hotel, The Hyatt Place Mohegan Sun! We truly appreciate your candid remarks about our services and amenities. Please know that we are consistently improving on our customer service and the delivery of those services to our guests. I am very sorry that your breakfast wasn’t up to standard. It is unacceptable and we have already begun to correct the issue. Additionally we understand that some of our guests were experiencing a smell during their stays. We have put in place a program to combat this from ever reoccurring in the future. Your comfort and safety is our top priority. I would encourage you to contact us directly if you have any questions, concerns or would like to revisit our hotel in the future. We don’t want you to stay anywhere else and we are confident that given the opportunity we can provide continued excellent service to you and your guests.
Thank you so much for your time today! and thank you again for your review of our property; we look forward to your next visit.
The Hyatt Place!
Hartford, Connecticut
Reviewed February 7, 2013

I CAN'T believe this is a Hyatt. We stayed here because we were attending anhievent at Mo hegan and they suggested we stay at Hyatt. I figured that would be fine..never thought to check reviews before we went...however our room was simple, clean and neat. Had to wait to check in for about 20 min and nobody was in the lobby.....??? Then all of a sudden someone appears and all was fine.
Breakfast however was a complete disappointment! For the price we paid, I would have expected a clean and presentable offering, but instead we went down and found a complete mess. Bread crumbs everywhere, very little juice, no coffee available as I think they ran out all at once. Only two warm sandwiches...which were warm on the outside and cold on the inside. Cereal all over the place and a very rude staff member. This tall black kid....don't know his name because he didn't seem to have a name tag on his wrinlked shirt. Extremely foul mouth on this kid. He was talking very loud thru to someone in the kitchen, calling someone a bad name along with other assorted bad language. I asked about coffee and he said it's brewing. It'll be ready soon. i asked about orange juice and he told me that someone is getting it. All the while this guy just walked around, playing with his phone and looking out the window. There were times he just wasn't around. The other guy, I think I heard him called Mark or Mike, was just walking back and forth not really doing anything. Never saw the juice as we had to leave. My brother-in-law in a GM for W hotels in California. I knw he would never allow this mis management to go on.
We left the Hyatt with no issues at check in, but I told the folks at Mohegan Sun to reconsider sending people over due to the rudeness and overall poor performance from many staff members. I know my wife and I will never come back. P.S. No need to send a standard reply...not interested.

1 Thank Caleb S
Timothy S, General Manager at Hyatt Place Mohegan Sun, responded to this review, February 14, 2013
Hello,
Thank you for your review of our property and services. Please except my sincere apologizes for your less than satisfactory experiences during your past visit. I am hopeful that you will reconsider our property for your next stay when visiting southeastern CT because we are much better than what you had experienced. Please know that we take all of our guest reviews very seriously and we will address this with the staff members that you had encountered during your stay. I would strongly encourage you to contact me directly if you would like to discuss this or any other aspect of your stay. It is an embarrassment to our staff and facility and I completely understand your review if this was the level of service that you encountered. My name is Timothy Santos and I am the General Manager of the Hyatt Place Mohegan Sun, I can be reached by our main number, (860) 383-1234. Again thank you for your review. I am very sorry that we failed you during your visit.
Reviewed January 31, 2013

To celebrate my husband's Birthday we went to Mohegan Sun and Foxwoods and stayed at this hotel for a couple days. We arrived at night and completely missed it since the GPS couldn't find the direct location. It is a bit hidden and the sign is small, so if you don't know where you are going, kee[ your eyes open since it's a bit off the main road. A pleasant experience from beginning to end best describes this hotel. The welcome from the staff, and everything about the room was great! The bed was soooo comfortable it was like... we could sleep in forever. The hotel is very close to Mohegan sun, in addition there is a shuttle running every 25 minutes in case you would prefer to leave the car parked. The free Breakfast was good and the staff at checkout was very courteous. We already know where we are staying in next time.... Hyatt Place Mohegan Sun!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Jest21
Hello,
Thank you very much for your positive review of our hotel and services! It was a pleasure to have had the opportunity to host you and your husband during your recent visit to Southeastern CT. We are very aware that you have many choices when visiting our area and it is our goal to remain everyone’s first choice. If we can ever be of assistance to you for a future reservation or if you’re ever need help with another Hyatt property please do not hesitate to call on us directly, we are more than happy to be of service to you.
Wakefield, Rhode Island
Reviewed January 28, 2013

We were going to Mohegan Sun for the Winefest and tried to stay overnight there but the rooms were double the price of the Hyatt. We decided to try this place because they had a free shuttle to and from the casino. Wow great hotel. Rooms were laid out perfectly with everything you could ask for. Free Wifi, great free breakfast, in room first run movies on large flat screen TV, great shower head, bar downstairs, comfy pillows. We ordered hamburgers and turkey club from the 24 hr cafe and they called us when it was ready to be picked up. They both were delicious. Why stay at the casino? From now on this will be our go to place. Thank you Hyatt.

• Stayed January 2013
Hello,
Thank you for your review! We truly appreciate all of our guest’s feedback as we are consistently attempting to improve our services. On occasion we fail to meet the needs of our guests. It is fantastic that we were able to show off our skills to you during your stay. Mohegan Sun’s Wine Fest weekend is always a high demand date for all of the area hotels. We are aware of this and make every effort to exceed our guest’s expectations! From all of us here at the Hyatt Place Mohegan Sun, Thank you! We hope to have another chance to impress you in the near future. As always, if we can ever be of any assistance to you or your guests please do not hesitate to call on us directly. We are more than happy to be of service to you!
new jersey
Reviewed January 23, 2013

We stayed here at about one-quarter of what we would have paid at Mohegan Sun. We did see a room at the casino hotel and thought our room at the Hyatt was nicer. Breakfast is included and while a gourmet meal was not expected, it was good enough.
Check-in and check-out was efficient and I would certainly stay here again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Timothy S, General Manager at Hyatt Place Mohegan Sun, responded to this review, January 28, 2013
Hello!
Thank you for your review of our hotel, The Hyatt Place Mohegan Sun. I am very happy read that you found our hotel and services provided value for you and that our guest rooms are on par or better than others that you have experienced in our market. Our team works very hard to maintain our property and high service standards. It was a pleasure to have had the opportunity to host you and your guests and we look forward to your next visit to southeastern CT soon. As always if you have any questions, comments or concerns please do not hesitate to contact us.

The Hyatt Place
Also consider these accommodations in or near Uncasville
Mohegan Sun
#1 of 4 in Mashantucket
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,398 reviews
Hilton Garden Inn Preston Casino Area
Hilton Garden Inn Mystic Groton

Been to Hyatt Place Mohegan Sun? Share your experiences!