“Musty Odors Second Time Around!!”

Hyatt Place Mohegan Sun
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Uncasville
GreenLeadersBronze level
New York City, New York
“Musty Odors Second Time Around!!”
Reviewed November 19, 2012

We were very concerned with the musty odor present in our room. (We also experienced the odor on our last stay a while ago.) Upon checkout, we were told by the front desk clerk that they are aware of the problem and are working on it. He further explained that the problem was due to a faulty air conditioner system not balanced properly causing the water to just "lay inside there."

We truly feel that this is a health issue and should not be taken lightly. Many diseases can be spread through faulty air conditioner systems in hotels.

This situation was most upsetting since everything else was great....a shame to have to pass this hotel up in the future.

Room Tip: smell the room first!!!
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Timothy S, General Manager at Hyatt Place Mohegan Sun, responded to this review, November 27, 2012
Hello,
I couldn’t agree more with your concerns.
Thank you for taking the time to review our property and service on Trip Advisor. Please know that we are aware of the problem and are actively working to correct these issues. I would like to reiterate that our property is clean, safe and comfortable, with a dedicated staff. Our guests comfort is our top priority and we will have this issue resolved a.s.a.p. I would encourage you to contact me directly with any questions or concerns and as always I am more than happy to assist you personally with any future reservations to ensure you and your family a great experience during your next visit.
Thank you again for your time and willingness to give us another opportunity to serve you.
The Hyatt Place.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (156)
Long Island, NY
Reviewed November 12, 2012

Stood for 1 night. No microwave for every room. Only for business people. Not fair or right. No extra toilet paper. There was 1/2 a roll in our bathroom. Shuttle bus to Mohegan Sun is first come--first serve. We ended up taking a cab. Breakfast was horrible. Extreme continental breakfast foods. No jacuzzi. Swimming pool only allows 12 people max. Really.....? I was in shock! The Holiday Inn is 1000 times better! I will not go back to the Hyatt nor do I recommend people to stay there. Sorry, I wish I had a better review.....

• Stayed November 2012
1 Thank Mari S
Timothy S, General Manager at Hyatt Place Mohegan Sun, responded to this review, November 14, 2012
Hello,
Thank you for your review of our hotel, The Hyatt Place Mohegan Sun. I am very sorry that you did not find our hotel and services were able to meet your needs during your recent stay. It is our goal to provide each guest an experience that is beyond what you would expect. The lack of the necessary amenities you are looking for is unfortunate and we always hope that each new guest that stays with us will become a repeat guest. If we can ever be of future assistance to you I hope that you will reconsider our property when visiting Southeastern CT. Again, thank you for taking the time to review our hotel.

Boston
Reviewed November 5, 2012

This nice, upscale feeling, hotel is a great choice for those looking for a night out at the casinos without the outrageous cost of their rooms. The rooms are very large and can sleep 4 men comfortably enough. Everything appears very clean and sanitary (not true of all the hotels looking to leverage off casino traffic). Also, they have a shuttle which makes frequent trips.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Justin S
Timothy S, General Manager at Hyatt Place Mohegan Sun, responded to this review, November 12, 2012
Thank you Justin!
We truly appreciate your review of our hotel and services. It was a pleasure to have had an opportunity to host you and we hope that you will consider us again when traveling into southeastern CT. If we can ever be of service to you, please do not hesitate to call on us directly for assistance.
Best Wishes!
Connecticut
Reviewed October 28, 2012

Stayed at this facility over a Saturday night. Upon entering the room we were delightfully surprised on the spaciousness and layout of the room - Separate living room, refrigerator, desk, LARGE flat screen TV and separate area for bed. Shower and toilet needed more light but was spacious. ONLY let down were the thread bare bath towels. 2 of the 3 bath towels in our room were almost thread bare and the other was a luxurious thick pile bath sheet. hmmmm - quality control?

Came down Sunday morning to the dining area for the breakfast and it was lacking. They were out of coffee and had to wait 10 minutes for the breakfast sandwiches. Granted there were many people there but you would think they had this down.

The question is" Would I return?" The answer is ":YES!" these are minor shortcomings but they are very noticeable with them trying to compete against the Sun!!

Room Tip: For a view of Mohegan Sun you may have to endure the traffic noise but it is worth it (odd numbered...
2 Thank C H L
Hello,
Thank you for your review of our hotel, The Hyatt Place Mohegan Sun. It was a pleasure to have had the opportunity to host you and your family during your last trip to Southeastern CT. Please except my apologizes for any aspect of your stay that was less than satisfying. If we failed to meet your expectations in anyway, it is unfortunate and avoidable. I will be sure to share this review with our staff to help reduce the possibility of this reoccurring for any of our guests. We are consistently trying to improve our hotel and your feedback goes a long way to assisting us to that end. If you would like to speak with me directly, I am more than happy to make myself available to you. I can be reached by dialing our main number 860-383-1234. Thank you for the opportunity to serve you. We look forward to hosting you again in the future.
Boston
Reviewed October 22, 2012

I stayed here for the Mohegan Sun Brewfest weekend. The rooms here were a good $200 cheaper than what I could get at Mohegan so we decided to book it. I actually spent very little time in the room but my initial impressions were very positive. The room was much larger than expected with L shaped couch in the living room area. Adjacent to that area was a desk and additional counter top space. The room was split in the middle with a semi transparent divider, breaking the bed area apart from the living space. The TV was on a pivot in the middle so it could be faced toward either the bed or couch which was a nice touch. Overall design was modern and looked to be kept in good condition. The main point of this trip was to spend time at Mohegan Sun so we made use of the complimentary shuttle service. I believe the shuttle runs every 30mins and then picks up to every 15 at 11pm(or about there) on weekends. After a long night of drinking at the Brewfest I was pleasantly surprised by the selection at the include breakfast buffet in the hotel cafe. I enjoy staying at Mohegan for the convenience but for times like this when the events at Mohegan cause the room rates to jump up I will definitely come back to the Hyatt

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Timothy S, General Manager at Hyatt Place Mohegan Sun, responded to this review, October 23, 2012
Hello!
Thank you for your review of our property, The Hyatt Place Mohegan Sun. It is a pleasure to have had the opportunity to host you during your recent stay with us for the Mohegan Sun Brewers Festival. We are always here to assist you whenever it may be needed. If we can be of future assistance to you or your guests please do not hesitate to contact us. We are always more than happy to be of service to you!
New York City, New York
Reviewed October 15, 2012

Stayed 1 night for a concert in Mohegan Sun. This hotel is approx. 2 miles from the Mohegan Sun Casino. Fairly new hotel. We had a King room. Quality of the the fixtures in the room and barhroom are very poor comparing to other hotels I know in this proce range (>$200/night). What will not bring me back to this hotel is the matress. Very bad quaity and could not sleep much. Breakfast was good.

Hello,
Thank you for your review of our hotel and services. I am very sorry that you did not have a comfortable stay with us. Understandably you would not nessisarly like to move rooms once you have settled in for the night, however we always encourage our guests to let us know if we can do something to make your stay more enjoyable. We are very fortunate to be a relatively new property, less than three years old. We also have the good fortune of having the "Hyatt Grand Beds" on property. They really are a great mattress and box spring combination. Unfortunately your experience was not up to par. If you would like to speak with me directly about your experiences I am more than happy to make myself available to you. My name is Timothy Santos and I am the General Manager of the Hyatt Place Mohegan Sun. Please do not hesitate to reach out to me. Your satisfaction is our greatest concern.
Westchester County, NY
Reviewed October 8, 2012

At the last minute, we decided to the Mystic, CT area for the long weekend. At the last minute, we were able to book two adjoining rooms, one king and one with 2 doubles. This is new property within a couple of miles of Mohegan Sun. It offers a free shuttle to casino daily (hours vary from weekdays to weekends). These newer Hyatt Place properties have a very consistent look. The rooms are fairly sized. Although they are listed as suites, they are not -- only a half wall/room divider separates the living area from the sitting area. The t.v. is placed in the center so that everyone can see whether you are on a bed or on the sofa, but no one has the best view. As another reviewer mentioned, the sink and vanity are open to the room and the toilet
and shower/tub are enclosed. Rooms come with a desk and a small fridge and coffee maker (with supplies). Other than a small microwave, the rooms really have everything that you need. The sofas always pull out as well so you can a king room sleep four.

The staff was extremely helpful, calling up to our room and holding the shuttle for him at our request. Heading to our room, there was an awful, sour smell that fortunately was not in our rooms and gone by the time we left for dinner. According to my kids who briefly checked it out, the pool and fitness areas are quite nice. Breakfast was quite good, not quite a full breakfast but definitely a step above continental.

The price was more than I would like to pay, but prices all around the area were hiked for the holiday weekend. We will definitely return.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank denany
Timothy S, General Manager at Hyatt Place Mohegan Sun, responded to this review, October 9, 2012
Thank you!
We truly appreciate your positive review of our hotel and services. It is our goal to become every traveler’s first choice when visiting Southeastern CT. Your positive review on Trip Advisor goes a long way in helping others who have not had the chance to experience our hospitality make those important decisions. We are very happy that our hotel was able to meet your needs during your recent visit. If we can ever be of assistance to you or your guests in the future please do not hesitate to call on us directly. We are more than happy to assist you!
Again thank you for your time and patronage, we look forward to your next stay with us!
The Hyatt Place.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Uncasville
Mohegan Sun
Hilton Garden Inn Preston Casino Area
Hyatt Place Mystic
Hyatt Place Mystic
#3 of 13 in Mystic

Been to Hyatt Place Mohegan Sun? Share your experiences!