“We loved this hotel..”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Sydney, Australia
“We loved this hotel..”
Reviewed September 14, 2012

We were looking for a comfortable place to base ourselves over 5-6 days and got a great rate at the Hyatt. From our warm welcome by Anthony on Reception we were not disappointed, our room was spacious and quiet, heavenly bed, plenty of space to spread ourselves, and substantial breakfast was included daily. Everyone working there was so obliging, every request met with a smile and nothing too much trouble.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Timothy S, General Manager at Hyatt Place Mohegan Sun, responded to this review, September 17, 2012
Hello & Thank You!
It is a pleasure to read such a positive review of our hotel and services. We are always working towards improving our customer service; your review is proof positive that we are heading in the right direction. If we can ever be of assistance to you or your guests; or if you need help with any future reservations please do not hesitate to contact us directly. We are always available to assist you.

The Hyatt Place.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (159)
CT
Reviewed September 12, 2012

Absolutely love this hotel. It sure beats staying at Mohegan Sun when i visit the casino. I drive to the Hyatt and am always greeted by such nice accomodating people at front desk. The hotel is immaculate and confortable. Can't say enough about the rooms for an average of $160 a night it sure beats the price of $500 a night to stay at the Casion. The rooms are HUGE...bar/fridge..two huge beds, huge sectional which 2 can sleep on. Very Very comfortable and clean. Can't beat staying here. One of the other things i love is that once i check in and am ready to hit the casino, i simply catch a shuttle from the hotel which runs every 1/2 hour and runs up until 2am so i can enjoy my evening, have some drinks and not worry about having to drive. Great free breakfast in the morning and again, a wonderful staff who make you feel so at home. I highly recommend this hotel when you are traveling to the casino. ENJOY!

Room Tip: i have stayed there several times and all of the rooms have been great!
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Thank you!!
It is very nice to read your positive review of our hotel and services; we truly appreciate your feedback. If we can ever be of future assistance to you or your guests please do not hesitate to call on us directly. We are always more than happy to be of service to you!
Bradford, MA
Reviewed September 11, 2012

The place was great. The price was awesome: $103/night. The rooms were clean, shower was glassed in, king bed was comfortable and soft, TV was a huge flat screen, refrigerator, ironing board, sofa bed. The pool was clean and nice. The shuttle was an excellent convenience. They pick up and drop off every half hour. We went to the Casino, so this was great. The front desk people were nice. The 24 hour food you can order was great also. We ordered a sausage pizza and nachos and watched the game in the lobby at 12:30 AM. The lobby is nice with private places to sit and watch tv, nice leather sofas.

The only cons were: The breakfast was ok, yet some of the items got cold right away even the french toast: had to have them microwave it again. The coffee is so bitter, could use a nice little upgrade on this site as far as food/beverages.

The night van driver to Mohegan was late one night after he had told us that he was very punctual on the half hour. There were about 9 of us waiting outside and it was after midnight. Two of the people tried calling the hotel. He finally showed up at around 12:20. He looked like he was staggered and yawning when he crossed the front of the van to let us in.

This is the same guy that when I was waiting for the shuttle earlier and there were two guys in back of me and he walked by and said.."are we ready guys and looked at them" I just stood there, but one of them let me go ahead of him hearing that. It was probably because I forgot to tip him the day before, and I really didn't know we had to or I had forgotten, but the next time I did. I thought that was sort of rude. Same guy. I don't mind tipping but I had just forgotten. The next guy on Monday, was great and friendly.

All in all I would return here because it's a nice, convenient and EVERYTHING you need here hotel.

Room Tip: Great Rooms
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Timothy S, General Manager at Hyatt Place Mohegan Sun, responded to this review, September 12, 2012
Hello!
Thank you for your review of our property. I am very happy to read that you found our hotel and services beneficial to you and your guests during your recent stay with us. I am equally concerned that our shuttle driver made you feel unvalued in anyway. We pride ourselves on our service to our guests. The situation as it is described is completely unfortunate and unnecessary. Please except my sincere apologizes for this instance and be assured that we will address this a.s.a.p. This is not typical of the level of service you should expect when visiting our property and we will speak all of our shuttle drivers to reiterate our commitment to our guests. If you would like to discuss this with me directly, I am more than happy to make myself available to you at your convenience. My name is Timothy Santos and I am the General Manager of the Hyatt Place Mohegan Sun, I can be contacted at 860-383-1234. Thank you very much for your time today, we look forward to another opportunity to host you and your guests.

Philadelphia
Reviewed September 11, 2012

We decided to stay in the area to visit the casino. The Hyatt place was an excellent choice for the price. Only three years old, the hotel is well done with spacious rooms with an interesting layout, comfortable bedding, quiet A/C units (finally!) and a nice breakfast with real cutlery. The selection for non carb eaters was somewhat limited, but adequate. Coffee was better than most hotels provide, both in room and in the breakfast room. It's a keeper and we'll be back when in the area.

Thank you Tom!
We truly appreciate your review of our hotel, the Hyatt Place Mohegan Sun. It is our sincere hope that if you find yourself traveling back into Southeastern CT you will consider our hotel for your lodging needs. If we can ever be of service to you or your guests please do not hesitate to contact us directly, we are more than happy to be of service to you.
Thank you!
Boston
Reviewed September 10, 2012

Where else will you find a hotel with a Junior Suite (separate bedroom and sitting area) for under $100. per night? This property also includes a "continental breakfast", which is way above classic continental breakfast standards.

1 Thank Eagle42
Thank you!
Thank you for your kind review of our property. We truly appreciate the feedback and it is our hopes that we can continue to build on our past successes. We often have very aggressive mid-week rates and with the Mohegan Sun Casino less than one mile away it can make for a nice vacation away from the daily grind. If we can ever be of assistance to you or your guests please do not hesitate to reach out to us directly. We are always more than happy to be of service to you!

Reviewed September 10, 2012

Night Auditor, Vernon was extremely rude, and i feel customer service should be to the max when it comes to a Hotel like the Hyatt, the rooms are beautiful very up to date is warm and welcoming, but he completely ruined my night. He rushed me, did not answer any of my questions, was very rude and discourteous, i understand sometimes we all have bad days but in this the Hotel field no company should tollerate poor customer service.

• Stayed September 2012
Agreed!
You should expect a positive customer service experience when staying with Hyatt. I am sincerely sorry for any lack of professionalism/customer service you may have encountered during your past stay with us. It is in complete contradiction to the culture of outstanding guest service that we pride ourselves on and what you should expect from a Hyatt Place hotel. It is disappointing but I will be sure to follow up with Vernon regarding this review. Aside from that unpleasant experience it is very gracious of you to mention the positives as well. Thank you, we truly appreciate that. If you would like to discuss any aspect of your stay or if I can assist you with a future stay please do not hesitate to call on me directly. My name is Timothy Santos and I am the General Manager of the Hyatt Place Mohegan Sun. I can be reached by our main telephone number (860-383-1234) and am more than happy to make myself available to you at your convenience.
Suffern
Reviewed September 6, 2012

Hotel was immaculately clean, new, well equipped. Our room had 2 queen beds and a very nice sofa with pullout bed. We had four adults in the room and it was fine.

Bathroom was very nice with tub/shower. Room had a small refrigerator, one cup coffee maker, coffee/tea and fixings.

free wireless internet included and worked well.

Free continental breakfast included and available til 11am. Assortment of cereals, bagels, muffins, juices, coffees, teas, milk, yogurt, fruit.

Assortment of salads, pastries, etc. available near front desk on a pay basis. I bought a chef salad which was ökay" but not great (smallish for price and not great quality cold cuts).

Hotel has a pool and small gym but we did not use these and can't review them.

TV in room was nice but was located "between" sleeping/living areas and wasn't ideal if people are watching from both areas... two TV's would be preferable.

Small shuttle van available on regular basis until about 2am between hotel and mohegan sun. There may be a wait / backlog when events like concerts are planned at casino. very quick trip.

WOULD DEFINITELY STAY HERE AGAIN. Great lower price alternative to rooming at the casino.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Timothy S, General Manager at Hyatt Place Mohegan Sun, responded to this review, September 10, 2012
Hello,
Thank you for your review of our hotel, The Hyatt Place Mohegan Sun. It is a pleasure to have had the opportunity to serve you and your guests during your visit into Southeastern CT. We are very close to the both Mohegan Sun and Foxwoods Casino's as well as the Mystic Seaport and other great attractions. It is our sincere hope that you will continue to sue our services when you are traveling into the area. As always, it is more than our pleasure to have been able to assist you and we look forward to your next stay with us soon.

The Hyatt Place.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Uncasville
Mohegan Sun
Hilton Garden Inn Preston Casino Area
Hyatt Place Mystic
Hyatt Place Mystic
#3 of 13 in Mystic

Been to Hyatt Place Mohegan Sun? Share your experiences!