“My first choice when staying near Mohegan Sun” 5 of 5 bubbles

Hyatt Place Mohegan Sun
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Uncasville
GreenLeadersBronze level
Long Island City, New York
“My first choice when staying near Mohegan Sun”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 2, 2012

I've stayed here a few times and it's always been a great experience.

The front desk staff is very friendly and welcoming. Housekeeping does a fantastic job in keeping the hotel and rooms clean.

The complimentary breakfast is standard fare. I am looking forward to the new Kitchen Skillet offerings during my next stay.

Very convenient to Mohegan Sun. Never took advantage of the shuttle, but nice to know it's there.

Beds are comfortable. I wish there was central air instead of an air conditioning unit in the room. Decor is basic, but nice.

The only bad thing about the hotel (and it's not really the hotel's fault) is the Portico White Ginger toiletries. I can't wait until Hyatt replaces them.

Great place to stay. I highly recommend it.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Timothy S, General Manager at Hyatt Place Mohegan Sun, responded to this review, May 7, 2012
Thank you!
We really appreciate that you took time to review or property on Trip Advisor. I will be sure to share your comments about our Housekeeping department with the team. It is a tough job and often goes unnoticed. Your positive remarks go a long way, so from everyone here at Hyatt Place, Thank you! We look forward to seeing you again soon.
The Hyatt Place!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (153)
Commack, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 2, 2012

We stayed at this hotel a few times in the last year. Very comfortable. Clean friendly and helpful staff. The only bad thing that we found was that we picked the wrong weekend to go on our last visit. Close to casinos and it was springbreak for the colleges and had alot of younger people all over drinking and getting sick Tried to get on the shuttle to go to casino after waiting 25 minutes for one and as soon as the van pulled up and the door opened the kids cut the line and ran into the van The van is alittle too small for that size hotel to accomadate the amt of quest who want to use it But all in all the hotel is a good place to lay your head

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Hello!
Thank you for your positive review of our hotel, the Hyatt Place at Mohegan Sun! We truly appreciate the kind words!
I want to be sure that I address your concerns about our shuttle services to the casino. On event nights at the Casino the shuttle service does become very busy. We work closely with Mohegan Sun and our shuttle drivers to reduce the possibly of a few guests having a negative impact the majority of our guest's good time. Additionally we understand that you visit this hotel and casino for an enjoyable night out and it is our goal to make sure that is exactly what you get. If you would like to speak to me directly about your experiences I would be more than happy to assist you. I have added my contact number below. Please feel free to contact me at your convenience.
I am sincerely sorry if you or your guests had a negative experience due to the shuttle service during your stay.
Thank you for your time today.
Timothy Santos, General Manager
860-383-1234
hartford, ct
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 24, 2012

Took the family here for a quick stay. Nice new hotel. We'd definitely stay here again. The only downside is if you want eggs, you've gotta pay. Very close to Mohegan Sun and a better bargain.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Timothy S, General Manager at Hyatt Place Mohegan Sun, responded to this review, April 26, 2012
A Whaler Fan is always welcome at Hyatt Place!
Thank you for your positive review of our property, The Hyatt Place at Mohegan Sun! I am very happy that you enjoyed your recent stay with us and we look forward to another opportunity to host you and your guests. I do want to inform you that we will be going through a renovation of our breakfast menu very soon. This new menu will provide hot breakfast items at no additional charge to you! Please feel free to contact us directly if we can help answer any of your questions regarding our new program, we are more than happy to be of assistance to you.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 22, 2012

So much better than the Microtel down the street. Our room was big and clean, and the receptionists were very friendly. Shuttles to Mohegan Sun ran frequently until 2am. Rooms were pricey, but competitive for the area.

• Stayed April 2012
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Timothy S, General Manager at Hyatt Place Mohegan Sun, responded to this review, April 24, 2012
Hello,
We appreciate your review of our hotel, the Hyatt Place in Uncasville. Thank you very much for taking time out of your day to share your thoughts with the Trip Advisor community. We work hard to impress each guest we host and our staff loves the feedback! Thank you! If we can ever be of service to you, please don't hesitate to contact us.
The Hyatt Place
New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 22, 2012

This hotel is a keeper. I went there with my mother and sisters and had a great time!
The service is incredible! A wonderful woman named Ke'nna greeted us at breakfast and her warm and loving personality made all of the guests feel like they were at home with family.
The room is large and clean. The staff is friendly and professional. I look forward to returning!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Great News!
Thank you for sharing your experiences with Trip Advisor. It is a pleasure to hear that during your stay our associates went above and beyond to welcome you to the property. Ke'nna is a terrific Gallery Hostess, we are very lucky to have her on our team. I will make sure to share this review with her as I know she truly appreciates all of the positive comments that find their way to her. It was a pleasure to host you during your visit, if we can ever be of assistance please do not hesitate to contact us.
Enfield, Connecticut, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 21, 2012

Everyone that works there is very nice and welcoming! Loved the free shuttle! Loved the free breakfast! I defiantly recommend Hyatt Place!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you! We loved to Host you!
We appreciate that you took the time to review our hotel on Trip Advisor. We are always happy to receive positive feedback from our guests. If we can ever be of service to you please do not hesitate to call on us. We are more than happy to be of service to you.
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 11, 2012

Was visiting the area on business and needed to spend the night. The location is right off the freeway, with a Stop and Shop and a CVS close by. Our room was spotlessly clean and very quiet. There is a large sitting area with a refrigerator, and then a very, very comfortable bed. My only complaint about Hyatt Place's set ups is that the sink area is right in front of your bed, so if you are traveling with another person, you will need to coordinate your sink activities to not disturb the other person, especially turning on the light! Other than that arrangement, not one complaint. There is a free continental breakfast, but what this chain does that I love is you have the ability to order off of the breakfast menu, which includes hot items freshly prepared like eggs and even waffles. The prices are extremely fair, i.e., I believe $6 for the waffles which were yummy! There is food available 24 hrs per day downstairs ranging from soup to I believe hamburgers. They even have a bar. The hotel is minutes away from the Mohegan which you have to visit if in the area. I paid at least a hundred dollars less per night to stay at the Hyatt, and I would definitely do it again. Every staff member was beyond pleasant. What a nice hotel! Thank you again Hyatt Place for a pleasant stay.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank californiamom
Timothy S, General Manager at Hyatt Place Mohegan Sun, responded to this review, April 12, 2012
No need to thank us, Thank you!
It is a pleasure to read such a positive review of our property and services. I am very happy that we were able to accommodate you during your visit into our area. We are trying to exceed all expectations in regards to service to our guests, it is reassuring that our hard work is making a difference to the people we have the pleasure to host. Please come back to see us again soon and if you have time I would like to thank you personally. Feel free to ask for me during your next visit. My name is Timothy Santos and I am the General Manager for the Hyatt Place Uncasville. Thank you again!
The Hyatt Place
Also consider these accommodations in or near Uncasville
Mohegan Sun
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,376 reviews
Fairfield Inn & Suites Uncasville
Hilton Garden Inn Preston Casino Area
Hilton Garden Inn Mystic Groton

Been to Hyatt Place Mohegan Sun? Share your experiences!