“Great stay, Steps to Mohegan Sun!”

Hyatt Place Mohegan Sun
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Uncasville
GreenLeadersBronze level
HBC
“Great stay, Steps to Mohegan Sun!”
Reviewed February 27, 2012

This hotel is new and nice. The rooms are a suite style set up with a sitting area and a TV on the wall that swivels in both directions. They pool looked nice but we did not use it. The breakfast the next morning was a real treat, wuth hot food as well as your typical continental breakfast items.
Do yourself a huge favor and stay here VS Mohegan as the price is 1/3 of the rate at Mohegan.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
3 Thank NeSurf79
Timothy S, General Manager at Hyatt Place Mohegan Sun, responded to this review, March 1, 2012
Hello!
Thank you for your positive review of our property and services. We are pleased to know that your stay with us was enjoyable and look forward to your next visit! Please contact us directly if we can assist you in anyway.
The Hyatt Place

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (159)
Boston
Reviewed February 24, 2012

New hotel, very close to Mohegan Sun was a good place to stay. The rooms are large and very pleasant,and the hotel is new. The staff are all nice and accommodating. They have a very nice continental breakfast in a pleasant room. I'll definitely return.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Bostonchip
Hello,
Thank you for taking time to review our property. We truly appreciate our guest’s feedback and use it build on our team’s success. Please feel free to contact the hotel if we can ever be of service to you in the future. It is our pleasure to assist you.
Brooklyn, New York
Reviewed February 21, 2012

Stayed Here Overnight so we could go to mohegan sun.
Very clean, very spacious rooms nice big tv in room also.
nice complimentary breakfast in am.
overall would stay here again.

2 Thank RYAN273
Thank you!!
Wow, we cannot ask for anything more. Your positive review of our property is truly appreciated. When you are returning to our area please call on us to assist you with your traveling plans. We are always happy to be of service to you.
Ct.
Reviewed February 20, 2012

My hubsand and I had to cancel a weekend get away into New York due to scheduling problems. But we wanted to go something to celebrate a birthday celebration so we search for a last minute overnight stay at one of the near by casinos. The cost to stay at these rooms can be alittle pricey. We found a alternate by booking at a near by hotel which offered a shuttle service to Mohegan Casino.
The Hyatt Place in Uncaville was perfect. The location was close and the hotel offers the right amount of activites for us. The have a indoor pool which we used once we settled in. Then went up to the room for a quick shower and light bite to eat. They have a limited menu but the food was good and modestly priced. They also offer a small selection of spirits so we add a wine and beer to our meal.
The room is a good size and has a small sitting area with a TV which you can view from either the sitting area or the bedroom. The bed was very very comfortable which is a BIG plus for me.
The shuttle service runs every 30 minutes and the driver was prompt and freindly. The front desk was courteous and asked us several times if there was anything else they could help us with.
I would recommend this place for a quick trip to the casinos without breaking the bank. We will surely use this hotel sometimes in the future.

2 Thank rmk50
Timothy S, General Manager at Hyatt Place Mohegan Sun, responded to this review, August 10, 2012
Hello,
thank you for your review of the Hyatt Place Mohegan Sun. We truly apprecaite your review and feedback of our services. If we can ever be of assistance to you or your guests in the future, please don’t hesitate to contact us directly. From the entire team in Uncasville, THANK YOU!

Swansea, Massachusetts
Reviewed February 19, 2012

Took my wife for a weekend at the casino as a recommendation from my brother. When we got there we walked into a lobby filled with people, and a line nearly to the door. My brother told me this might happen becaise he told me they never have enough people on the desk so I should use the self check-in, but I could not find them. I asked a guy at the desk (when I finally got there) and he said "yeah, stupid move by taking them out right?" I agreed! Check-in guy was friendly but very over whelmed. Stopped three times during my check-in to answer the phone. There was another guy on but he was walking back and forth doing nothing. Doesn't make sense. Our room was very clean, although cold as we walked in. TV didn't work but we weren't there to watch tv however I did tell the kid at the desk and the van driver, Tony......who was the best employee we enountered. Got back late on Saturday/Sunday AM and tried to get a Starbucks but the fat guy at the desk was dealing with another angry couple and I just left. Checked out after we couldn't get near the breakfast room. My wife didn't say anything but I know she was not happy. We found a nice breakfast place at the casino. Too bad, such a nice place but seems poorly managed.

2 Thank fireman2012
Timothy S, General Manager at Hyatt Place Mohegan Sun, responded to this review, February 21, 2012
Hello,
Thank you for taking time out of your schedule to review our property. I would like to sincerely apologize for the inconveniences that you experienced during stay with us. Due to unforeseen circumstances we were not prepared for the volume of business that had this past weekend. This is our mistake and again I am very sorry that your experience was anything less than satisfying.
This service is not typical of our hotel and staff. We are constantly trying to improve our operations and your candid feedback assists us to that end. If you would like to speak to me directly about your experiences please do not hesitate to contact me directly. It would be my pleasure to assist you. I can be reached via email at tim.santos@hyatt.com or you can call the hotel, 860-383-1234. Again thank you for choosing the Hyatt Place Uncasville. I hope we can better serve you in the future.
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed February 19, 2012

VERY UNDERSTAFFED! We waited nearly 20 min before someone noticed us. Only one perosn on the desk on a Saturday afternoon! Another young man was serving drinks and food.How can a hotel with the Hyatt name be allowed to be operated like this. Our friends recommended this place to us year because they loved it, but now they are a bit embarrassed because they were with us this time. Pathetic service from the desk staff, looked very rushed and flustered. The van driver was great however. And breakfast Sunday was a mess. Not enough food, cold coffee and a large crowd that seemed to overwhelm the staff. One guy was seen on his phone through the kitchen window. No management around (it seemed).
the only positive was the clean room and van driver. Will stay in Mystic next time I guess.

Room Tip: they don't promise room so you get what you get. The couple infront of us said they reserved a...
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
3 Thank donny72
Hello.
Thank you for taking the time to review our property. First, please allow us to apologize for the less than satisfying experience that you encountered during your recent stay with us. I can completely understand your frustration of a delayed check in and lack of attention from our Gallery Hosts. This past weekend we unexpectedly experienced a higher than anticipated occupancy. Due to this and several other unforeseen occurrences the hotel was running a few minutes behind. This is absolutely our mistake. Again please except our apologizes for this.
As a trip advisor member you have access to our previous reviews, I am very happy to say that they are overwhelmingly positive. We are ranked #1 in the Uncasville area because of our service and attention to our guests. What you experienced this past weekend is not typical of the services that we provide. I would invite you try our property again. My name is Timothy Santos and I am the General Manager of the Hyatt Place Uncasville. I would be more than happy to be of assistance to you if you would like to speak to me directly.
Massachusetts
Reviewed February 19, 2012

Wanted a last-minute overnight for trip to Foxwoods/Mohegan Sun but didn't want to pay super high rates for the on-site casino hotels. This was a great alternative - took advantage of free shuttle and free continental breakfast. Missed the last shuttle (2:00 a.m. on Fridays) but found it easy to grab a cab a little later on - cost wasn't much more than what we would've tipped the shuttle driver anyway...

Nice surprise... didn't realize that when we checked out we could use our Mohegan Sun comp points toward the already discounted rate!! Also checked out the indoor pool and exercise room before we left - seemed very well maintained.

Overall great experience - room was HUGE - could've easily had another couple with us - nice seating area - good size mini-fridge - nice space for pre-game activities!! Will definitely stay here again. Almost want to keep this place a secret so that it won't be full the next time I want to book there :)

1 Thank Pats54Sox34
Timothy S, General Manager at Hyatt Place Mohegan Sun, responded to this review, March 4, 2012
Hello!
Thank you for your review of our property. After reading through your review I was very pleased to see that you had the opportunity to take advantage of the hotels proximity to the area Casino's. We were built for exactly that purpose. I would strongly encourage you and your guests to consider our property each time you visit the area. We always less expensive than the casino hotels and offer all of our guests the use of our complementary shuttle to Mohegan Sun.
Again thank you for taking the time to review our Hyatt Place.
The Hyatt Place
Also consider these accommodations in or near Uncasville
Mohegan Sun
Hilton Garden Inn Preston Casino Area
Hyatt Place Mystic
Hyatt Place Mystic
#3 of 13 in Mystic

Been to Hyatt Place Mohegan Sun? Share your experiences!