I have had two extended stays at this hotel, and quite frankly the service was second to none. Not to single anyone out but Shawna was not only a spark plug of joyousness but extremely helpful as well.More
- Free Wifi
- Free Parking
I have had two extended stays at this hotel, and quite frankly the service was second to none. Not to single anyone out but Shawna was not only a spark plug of joyousness but extremely helpful as well.MoreShow less
Thank you for your review! It is always great to hear that our staff’s friendliness and service is what makes a guest’s stay memorable.
Your feedback will be shared with Shawna as well as the entire team to continue to inspire and motivate them to deliver exceptional customer service.
We look forward to seeing you when you return to Uncasville!
This hotel is my first choice for stay in this area.The staff are friendly, the rooms are a descent size with all the neccesary basics, i.e.. fridge, microwave, big screen tv, iron and ironing board and a safe. The beds are fantastic and really help with a good nights sleep. Excellent Paul Mitchell products in the bathroom. Also, being able to open a window for fresh air is great! Great transport to and from the casino is excellent.
Thank you for sharing your experience at the Fairfield Inn & Suites Uncasville!
With a mission to provide superior customer service, we take great pride in serving your needs and are delighted we have met your expectations.
Thank you for staying at the Fairfield Inn & Suites Uncasville. We look forward to seeing you the next time your travels bring you to Uncasville!
First time here and was very pleased with the experience. Shawna at the front desk put a wonderful first step forward and was not only helpful but extremely kind and pleasant. This hotel is blessed to have her as a First face people see when checking in. She was awesome! Overall the hotel is clean and quiet. Good place if you’re in here and be sure to say hi to Shawna, she will be friendly right back!!
Thank you for your kind words about your recent stay at our hotel. We are so happy to hear that you found our hotel clean and quiet. We are also happy to hear Shawna was pleasant upon arrival. We will share your comments to encourage the great work!
Thank you for staying with us, we look forward to seeing you the next time you are in Uncasville!
We had the pleasure of staying at this property
It was very clean , very well managed , all the personnel were very friendly and helpful, we would certainly recommend it if you are in the area , and the shuttle to the casino was very convenient .
Thank you for providing feedback about your recent stay at our hotel. We are thrilled you chose our hotel for your most recent stay and want to thank you for the compliments and recommendation.
Thank you for staying with us and we look forward to seeing you whenever your travel needs bring you back to Uncasville!
The place is showing some wear but it was full every night we were there. With that kind of traffic I understand it showing some wear. Overall it was a really good stay. There is a shuttle that will bring you back and forth to the Mohegan Sun. That was an added plus. The staff was very friendly.
We appreciate the feedback about your experiences at our hotel. It is always great to hear that our staff’s friendliness and service is what makes a guest’s stay memorable. We are also glad you enjoyed our complimentary shuttle to Mohegan Sun.
We look forward to serving you again on your next trip to Uncasville. Thanks!
1. Check-in was quick and easy.
2. In the booking process on hotels.com website, I added a special request to reserve a room on the eastern wing, facing to the front side of the hotel. This request of mine was based on several reviews that indicated the west wing, especially on the back, gets ample amount of noise from the highway adjacent to the west side of the hotel.The room that we received was more on the west wing than on the east and it's facing the back, not the front of the hotel. Though the room proved to be OK noise-wise with the window closed, I find it shows lack of care when a guest asks for room at a certain location and gets the exact opposite.
3. The hotel got reviews both on Hotels.com and on TripAdvisor that ranked it as "Superb". We found this greatly overrated. The night before we spent at the Norfolk Inn, in Norfolk, CT, which was ranked slightly higher (at 9.4 compared to the Fairfield Inn with 9.0), for exactly the same price per night, and the difference is substantial. While the Norfolk Inn emanates uncompromising luxury in every single aspect and is absolutely spotless, the Fairfield Inn is clearly an upscale motel. It's not their fault that guests rank them that high but there is a difference and it cannot be overlooked.
4. The breakfast is decent but it would have been nice to have some sort of a cookie, for one. Say muffins, or some other simple type of a cookie.
5. Breakfast time 06:30 - 09:30 should be extended, I think, till, say, 10:00 am during weekends and on Monday. The dining area was jam packed on Monday morning and the strict closing time at 09:30 am is really restricted, seeing that there is no access anymore to the buffet a few minutes later. They should at least leave the buffet area open for another 30 minutes on the weekend and on Monday, even if without replenishing stock.
6. The hotel, especially the public areas, does not smell or feel clean. If they do not take care of cleanliness issues, you're going to have it crap in no time, 2-3 years at the most.
7. There were very few towels - almost none - in the swimming pool.
8. The fitness center was hot on Sunday night, no air circulation for the hour we spent there at around 9:00 pm.
9. Overall the staff is very nice, reception is efficient (I requested a decaffeinated coffee for the room at 11:00 pm at the reception and the receptionist rushed to bring me one), the ladies at the breakfast buffet are caring, very fast and highly efficient - they replenish stock and there's nothing missing at all time and they keep it really clean. We also found the room cleaned and nicely arranged when we return the second night. I highly commend them.
10. The room was comfortable and well designed. Comfortable king-size mattress. Kudos for the comfortable shelf (or stand) for opening the luggage, something that's hard to find, and for the design of the shower - placing the shower faucet away from the shower head and not right below it is, also something hard to find even in luxury hotels.
Having a separate sitting area with another TV set is very thoughtful. The sofa is modern, spacious and comfortable, way better that the traditional single-seat or two seats in the traditional hotel room; the two tea stools are a comfortable and thoughtful addition.
WiFi is excellent!
It's only a pity that the material used for the room such as carpets and furniture (closets) look very cheap and won't last long. The door of the bath itself (glass door) was not sealed - bad finish - so water leak out on the bathroom floor.
11. Overall it was a positive stay.
We appreciate the feedback about your experiences at our hotel.
With a mission to provide superior customer service, we take great pride in serving your needs. Your feedback will be shared with the team to continue to inspire and motivate them to deliver exceptional customer service as well as address any areas we need to improve.
We appreciate your feedback and look forward to having you stay with us on a future trip to Uncasville.