Trumbull Marriott Merritt Parkway
Hotel Hi-Ho(Fairfield)(Great Value!)
$105
$110
  • Pool
Residence Inn Shelton Fairfield County(Shelton)(Great Value!)
$109
$89
Hotwire.com
$114
Hotels.com
Best Western Plus Fairfield Hotel(Fairfield)(Great Value!)
$116
Priceline
$125
$114
Hampton.com
All reviewsoutdoor poolmerritt parkwaythe concierge levelbusiness triproom serviceon site restaurantlarge hotelhot tubfirst floorbreakfast buffetbusiness hotelwe've stayedcomfortable roomslobby areafitness centermini fridgestayed one night
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 13, 2010

Our AAA discount offered an outstanding special (under $100 incl. tax) for this room on this particular day. We wanted accomodations with lots of kid-friendly amenities and, preferably within a neighborhood that was safe to walk/run in. This was perfect for our trip to the Fairfield Half Marathon, being held only a 15 minute-drive away. Stayed one night here with our 3 young children, as it included a comfortable pull-out sofa. Room was clean, updated, and well-appointed with plenty of jumping-around space for our 3 & 7 y/o along with a much needed compact fridge. The TV in the room gave us the option of paying to play videogames as well as a speedy/express checkout without having to bother with the front desk (and in-room internet for a fee). Hotel had heated indoor & outdoor swimming pools, game/arcade room, small sundries store, restaurant, fitness room with showers, computer/business center & free wireless in public areas, elevators, spacious portico to pull up in front of entrance, automatic handicap door, large open foyer/seating area, and well-lit parking lot. Staff were friendly but clearly very busy (on the phone and handling wedding details at the desk). The hotel was conveniently located off the Merritt Pkwy in a rural-like industrial park that had walking access to a grocery store, Dunkin' Donuts, McDonalds, and a Target (I think) or some kind of department store. Wish we could've stayed longer to take advantage of all the hotel had to offer. The only downfalls I can report is that the ice machine was completely out of ice the morning we were leaving (Sun.) and that the hotel had alot of foot traffic from guests attending weekend weddings there (we had to wait for several elevators to pass by in order to fit our family of 5 with stroller & luggage in tow). Also, restaurant/pub prices were a bit high when trying to be frugal. Overall, would recommend this to any traveler.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank MaTravelingMom
Reviewed October 11, 2010

I've stayed at this hotel a few times over the last several months and have enjoyed it every time. The hotel is conveniently located near the parkway and near several shops. The staff has always been pleasant and helpful, particularly at check in. The outdoor pool is beautiful and the rooms spotlessly clean and very modern. The one complaint I'd have is the food in the restaurant--average at best. All in all an excellent value for the price.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with friends
1  Thank amw190
Reviewed October 3, 2010

Stayed here for my high school reunion; I believe it was Rebecca at the front desk who moved us up to the Concierge level, as there were many rambunctious university students celebrating homecoming weekend. They accommodated our request for early check-in with no issues and the room was spacious, spotless and well appointed. The front desk called up about two hours after we checked in, just to see if the room was acceptable and if we needed anything (happened to need an iron, which they sent up promptly). The wait staff and bartenders at the reunion were very good; efficient and friendly and clearing tables promptly. The only issue we had was with the key cards; they didn't always bring the elevator up to the fifth floor as they were supposed to, and we took the stairs more than once due to this. Minor inconvenience; if I hadn't been lazy I would have called down to the front desk for a replacement key card.

All in all, one of the more enjoyable hotel stays. And having the Target within walking distance turned out to be a saving grace, as I didn't realize the shirt I had packed for my husband had a coffee stain on it; we walked over to Target and got a great substitute and saw an albino squirrel on the return trip - a 'wow' moment.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Mary M
Reviewed October 1, 2010

Simple answer .... the restaurant is bad. It should be closed and a new start taken. The food was just fair (I'm being really kind). The bread (rolls) was so stale I sent it back only to have them heat the stale rolls and return them to the table. Stale? you ask. Yes so stale you could not break them. PS guys ....... stale hot rolls are the same as stale room temperature rolls. Also the hotel was so cold! Like in the sixty degree range (summer time temps out side) but sweater temps in side. In a nut shell .... sleep here but don't eat here. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank Travelbeat
Reviewed September 15, 2010

Had stayed in this place about 5-6 times earlier over the last 3-4 years (since there is no other option in Trumbull) but this was my worst experience.

The staff was very unhelpful on every single request and downright rude most of the time. When I asked for a half day checkout, the front desk guy (Steven I think) said "we don't do that" and then kept repeating that phrase like a parrot even when I told him that my colleague had got it the very same day ! (I have his receipt to prove it in case you still don't belive me)

It was like talking to a computer rather than a human being, I felt humiliated and angry but controlled myself from exploding. I even asked him if he was insinuating that my colleague or I were lying, he of course replied "We don't do that"

When they screwed up my laundry and I asked for them to ensure that it came back right the next day on time, they said they couldn't assure me since the laundry service was run from outside the hotel !

One night, the TV went off and I had to wait 2 hours to get help. Same with the room service. Maybe they were doing it deliberately and had declared me a "hostile"

It wasn't a whole lot better outside - The corridors and lobby which anyway look straight out of a crummy 1950's hotel, were freezing due to air-conditioning run amok, when I pointed this out the guy said they wouldn't be able to do anything about it. He probably meant to say "we don't do it" but had probably forgotten his official Marriot slogan.

I feel the whole lot of them shld be sent en masse for basic customer service training at Singapore Airlines or Starwood or Hyatt. (not Marriot sicnce they haven't even been able to give me a permanent menbership card after 5 years and umpteen reminders).

Heard there is a new hotel in trumbull (thank god !), or I'll be staying in Stamford in the future. Also ensuring that all my colleagues hear about this and avoid this aplology of a "hotel"

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled on business