“Nice place to stay”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Trumbull
Kailua-Kona, HI
“Nice place to stay”
Reviewed November 14, 2009

Our stay at the Marriott was relaxing and refreshing. The room was large and comfortable. We were upgraded to the concierge floor (didn't use the complimentary breakfast, snacks or desserts) due to a large reunion in the hotel. The desk clerk was concerned for the noise levels for us, so put us on the private (and very quiet) floor. Nice!

Breakfast buffet was fantastic, Room service dinner delicious.

Would have been nice to have wifi capability. The room was ethernet capable, limiting the use for both my husband and me to use our laptops simultaneously.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
randomal01
Reviewed October 11, 2009

My wife and I were married at this hotel. The service, food and appearance were all outstanding.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
Bronx, New York
Reviewed May 19, 2009

The king rooms come with a small sofa bed. The room is pretty big. The concierge needs to be renovated. The food in the concierge is horrible. Compared to other Marriott's they are at the bottom of the list as far as the food provided in the concierge. They only give you one (1) appetizer and cheese and crackers.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled on business
Hallandale
Reviewed December 8, 2008

I satayed at this Marriott in Trumbull for ten days. My work shift was from 5pm to one in the morning, and unfortunatelly this hotel is not set up for people who need to sleep in. The housekeeping staff would wake me up in the morning banging on the neighboring doors and screaming, "HOUSEKEEPING" and then slaming doors. But it was my last night that was the true nighmare. The room next to mine, # 371, had the water running all day and night, probably from the shower. At one in the morning when I got in I told the front desk lady about the problem. She said she would send someone up, but that someone was the housekeeper who came in at eleven in the morning. The dripping noise kept me up much of the night, and when I called to follow-up around three in the morning, no one answered from the front desk. I'm very dissapointed, not to mention the hundreds of gallons of water wasted.

• Liked — The business center
  • Disliked — The midnight staff at the front desk
  • Stayed December 2008, traveled on business
NY Metro area
Reviewed October 20, 2008

Who knew that hardwood floors would have this effect on me? But adding them to my room's entryway gave the room a genuine homey feel. I was there only one night but for anyone who stays there often or for long periods of time, that touch of home can make a difference. The rest of the room offered all the usual amenities: internet hook up, plasma flat screen TV, and a very comfortable bed. The room was large enough to host a family of 4 or 5 comfortably as well.

My dinner of sea bass and snap peas was acceptable but nothing to rave about. I did appreciate the cookies and cider in the evenings, however.

• Liked — Updated, new room
  • Disliked — Dinner at the restaurant
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled on business
Fairfax, VA
Reviewed September 13, 2008

I stayed here one night with my husband in September, 2008. I got this room thru priceline for 77 bucks. Overall, we were pretty happy with this hotel and were pleasantly surprised that we got, what looked like, a newly renovated room.

Exterior
Average looking building. Noting impressive.

Lobby
Nice looking lobby area. Oversized auto-revolving door. Marble floor. It seemed well-kept. They put out cookies and lemonade in the afternoon by lobby/front desk area. I didn’t see sign anywhere letting us know of this but we saw it when we were going out for dinner.

Room (pros)
We really liked the room. I think the people who had bad experiences with this hotel probably stayed in non-renovated rooms. I’m not sure if they renovated all the rooms but the room we stayed was very nice. It had hardwood floor by the entrance area which gave upscale look. The room also came with new furniture, new carpet, and new bedding, 37 inch flat LCD TV, 2 individual reading lights on the headboard (one in each corner), 2 electric outlets on the headboard (right side of the bed), alarm clock that can also be used as an iPod docking station, mini fridge, and sofa-bed.

Room (cons)
No free internet in room ($9.95 per day). This was a huge bummer since we both carry laptops every time we travel. But they did tell me that they were waiving this fee for us since they were having some billing system issue. But normally, there is a $9.95 per/day charge. AC/Heat unit was definitely not new and it was a bit noisy but it wasn’t loud enough to keep us awake at night. But hallway noise was. You can hear all the noise from hallway. We were woken up after midnight and early in the morning by noise from hallway (people talking, and etc.). We didn’t hear any noise from next doors though (I’m not sure those rooms were occupied or not). I don’t think they particularly had a thinner door than other hotels, but there was a pretty good gap between the floor and the door which probably let all the noise from hallway come in.

Misc.
There was a pretty strong unpleasant odor (almost like sewer odor) on the second floor. We didn’t smell anything in the room so we didn’t complaint but we could definitely smell every time we walk to elevator. The smell was there the next morning as well. Not sure if some rooms were flooded or what. It was not pleasant smell.

NO free breakfast. I only paid 77 bucks so I can’t complaint but if I paid going rate (which I think is about 200) then I’d definitely expect at least free continental breakfast.

They had indoor and outdoor pools. I didn’t take a good look at the outdoor pool (it was dark outside by the time I got there) but indoor pool was really small. I did use the hot tub. Bubbling hot water…nothing special. They did have a Sauna sign but it was locked and they were using the sauna room for storage which was little disappointing.

They had plenty of (5 or 6) treadmills and a few other machines including free weights.

Location
Right next to Target. I’d say it’s a walking distance. Next to Target, there are Dunkin Donuts, Quizno’s, and etc.

Overall, we liked the hotel. We'd stay here again if we get similar rate.

• Liked — Newly renovated room.
  • Disliked — No free internet & breakfast.
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled on business
NC
Reviewed August 3, 2008

While the Trumbull Marriot is a nice looking hotel, there were some minor things that bothered me about the stay. For example, there is only one main entrance/exit with these big revolving doors, because of this one entrance the parking is horrible, everyone tries to park as close to the door as possible so all of the parking spots were full. The need to add another entrance for people whom already have the key that way you do not have to be bothered with the busy lobby everytime you are coming and going into your room.To be fair they do have one other door but it brings you right to the same lobby. I guess I got used to other hotels that have a side entrance, they are just so much more convenient. Also while all the other hotels are adding warm food to there breakfast buffet as part of the free continental breakfast, this one is CHARGING for continental breakfast. They have it set up in there restaurant and over "full breakfast service" which you have to come in and be seated to enjoy or you can order room service and have the breakfast brought to you, (which you wil be charged for). For the amount we paid for the stay, they could at least have provided breakfast, yogurt, banana, morning joe, that you can grab and be on your way, but that was not the case. Also I would have love to enjoy the jacuzzi but it had some degusting dirty suds floating on top.

• Liked — clean place to stay
  • Disliked — the one main entrance/exit and the parking and no free breakfast
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled with family
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Trumbull
Homewood Suites by Hilton Stratford
Hotel Hi-Ho
Hotel Hi-Ho
#1 of 3 in Fairfield
The Circle Hotel Fairfield

Been to Trumbull Marriott Merritt Parkway? Share your experiences!