Trumbull Marriott Merritt Parkway
$89
$126
$119
  • Pool
Residence Inn Shelton Fairfield County(Shelton)(Great Value!)
$99
$98
$130
$117
Hampton.com
All reviewsoutdoor poolmerritt parkwaythe concierge levelbusiness triproom serviceon site restaurantlarge hotelhot tubfirst floorbreakfast buffetbusiness hotelwe've stayedcomfortable roomslobby areafitness centermini fridgestayed one night
Reviewed September 24, 2013

Having stayed here twice now and at a number of other Marriott's, I cannot really fault this hotel. It is nothing exceptional but, there isn't anything that I would say is seriously wrong either.

The rooms are a very reasonable size, I have had twin rooms on both occasions even though I was on my own. The rooms have everything you would expect really and are very clean.

Having not stayed anywhere else in the area, I cannot compare but I also don't feel a need to look elsewhere either.

The restaurant is very nice and had a good selection of quality food and beers.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed September 9, 2013

Connecticut is known as the "land of steady habits" and that may best describe this VERY nice hotel. It is set back off the road and surrounded by trees. It is quiet, modern and if a hotel can have manners this one would be "polite." The room (we had a king) was spacious, very clean and nicely appointed with the appropriate toiletries. The front desk people could not have been nicer. The gym has all the right equipment and it all works.

The hotel looks a little worn around the edges...but you have to look to see it.

The TV control and functions is WAY over complicated. Can I watch the TV and or a movie without having to fumble through a collection of menus? And would someone PLEASE check the remote once in a while to make sure the batteries aren't dead (ours weren't...but close.)

Rates? A little steep. Look for discounts from AAA and AARP.

One thing. Skip the restaurant. It is pretentious and you can find better elsewhere. A separate review of that here also.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 9, 2013

The Trumbull Marriott hotel is a nice place to stay but one of the lesser quality Marriott properties I've been to. My room, on concierge level, was very warm, the bed very stiff, the pillows completely unmatched. Noise from the street/alley/parking lot below echoed through and hallway noises seemed to carry exceptionally far. I was exhausted when I went to bed (about 11) and even more exhausted, after tossing and turning all night, when I got up the next morning. I had breakfast at their Sunday morning buffet in the restaurant. The buffet was nothing special; the usual fare and was more than satisfactory to start the day. An omelet bar is included, but there is also an ala carte menu if you're not a buffet person.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed August 27, 2013

The Marriott Trumbull is a bit out of the way. But, it is worth the extra effort. I have used it twice for business meetings and overnight stays. The beds are amazing as is the food in the restaurant. What they really do well is provide great customer service. Special shout outs for exceptional service to Reggie (as seamless of a check in as I have ever had), Kara (bartender, actually a manager filling in, very personable), Christine and Samantha in the restaurant (picked up on my diet soda addiction and kept 'em coming!) and most of all Alyssa in banquet services. Our use of the boardroom for a rather important meeting went off without a hitch as she repeatedly responded to our inability to use the AV, turn on the lights, get the WiFi to work, etc.

Excellent value as well.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed August 19, 2013

My wife and I decided to explore this corner of CT and selected this property based on the website photos and other Trip Advisor reviews. This hotel does not disappoint. The lobby/restaurant/lounge areas are among, nicest we have ever seen. The workout room is a bit small, but you get two pools to make up for it, one indoor and one out, and a great relaxing bar/lounge area. Our special requests for internet support and an additional blanket were both promptly and courteously handled. One disappointment was that the Concierge lounge is closed on weekends. We received rewards points instead, but I think this policy should have clearly stated on the hotel website. .

Room Tip: A request for a room overlooking the front of the building will spare you a view of the roof of the hotel's large function area and the back of the adjacent Target.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple