“Quintessentially Connecticut and Marriott”

Trumbull Marriott Merritt Parkway
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Trumbull
Reviewed September 9, 2013

Connecticut is known as the "land of steady habits" and that may best describe this VERY nice hotel. It is set back off the road and surrounded by trees. It is quiet, modern and if a hotel can have manners this one would be "polite." The room (we had a king) was spacious, very clean and nicely appointed with the appropriate toiletries. The front desk people could not have been nicer. The gym has all the right equipment and it all works.

The hotel looks a little worn around the edges...but you have to look to see it.

The TV control and functions is WAY over complicated. Can I watch the TV and or a movie without having to fumble through a collection of menus? And would someone PLEASE check the remote once in a while to make sure the batteries aren't dead (ours weren't...but close.)

Rates? A little steep. Look for discounts from AAA and AARP.

One thing. Skip the restaurant. It is pretentious and you can find better elsewhere. A separate review of that here also.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed September 9, 2013

The Trumbull Marriott hotel is a nice place to stay but one of the lesser quality Marriott properties I've been to. My room, on concierge level, was very warm, the bed very stiff, the pillows completely unmatched. Noise from the street/alley/parking lot below echoed through and hallway noises seemed to carry exceptionally far. I was exhausted when I went to bed (about 11) and even more exhausted, after tossing and turning all night, when I got up the next morning. I had breakfast at their Sunday morning buffet in the restaurant. The buffet was nothing special; the usual fare and was more than satisfactory to start the day. An omelet bar is included, but there is also an ala carte menu if you're not a buffet person.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed August 27, 2013

The Marriott Trumbull is a bit out of the way. But, it is worth the extra effort. I have used it twice for business meetings and overnight stays. The beds are amazing as is the food in the restaurant. What they really do well is provide great customer service. Special shout outs for exceptional service to Reggie (as seamless of a check in as I have ever had), Kara (bartender, actually a manager filling in, very personable), Christine and Samantha in the restaurant (picked up on my diet soda addiction and kept 'em coming!) and most of all Alyssa in banquet services. Our use of the boardroom for a rather important meeting went off without a hitch as she repeatedly responded to our inability to use the AV, turn on the lights, get the WiFi to work, etc.

Excellent value as well.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed August 19, 2013

My wife and I decided to explore this corner of CT and selected this property based on the website photos and other Trip Advisor reviews. This hotel does not disappoint. The lobby/restaurant/lounge areas are among, nicest we have ever seen. The workout room is a bit small, but you get two pools to make up for it, one indoor and one out, and a great relaxing bar/lounge area. Our special requests for internet support and an additional blanket were both promptly and courteously handled. One disappointment was that the Concierge lounge is closed on weekends. We received rewards points instead, but I think this policy should have clearly stated on the hotel website. .

Room Tip: A request for a room overlooking the front of the building will spare you a view of the roof of the...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 19, 2013

My daughter and I stayed here for 2 nights during her college search. The room was nicely appointed and had a nice hardwood entry. Room was clean, beds were comfortable and we were given extra shampoo, lotion, etc. The room also had a small fridge where we stored some sandwiches we got from the Best Edibles Deli in Trumbull. Breakfast buffet was good but pricey as are most hotel breakfasts. Nice outdoor pool area as well as indoor pool and hot tub. We liked the way they programmed the elevators so there was always an available elevator on the first floor. Hotel staff seemed ready to please. We'd definitely stay again if in the area.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 17, 2013

My 3 small children, husband and I stayed for 2 nights on the 5th floor. The entire place was very clean and modern. The staff were all very friendly. I called for extra towels and both nights I received them within 5 minutes of the request. I mainly chose this hotel because of the indoor and outdoor pools and restaurant on-site and I wasn't disappointed. We spent several hours at the pools on Saturday and took advantage of the pool bar (which also serves limited menu of food). It was a perfect weekend stay.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 30, 2013

This was my second stay at the Trumbull Marriott. My first was two years ago and it was so enjoyable that I chose to stay there again. They made it even better. I swear they must slip customer service pills into the drinks of all of the employees because they absolutely could not have been nicer or more accommodating.

A special shout out to Caitlin at the front desk who was the very first person I met and who just might be one of the nicest people in the world.

Need something? Ask them. If it's humanly possible, I swear they will do it.

The hotel has a bit of a funky layout, but they make the absolute best of what they've got. I was on the concierge floor (your key gets you to that floor). Sunday night through Friday morning they provide food and beverages in the evening (and desserts at night) and a breakfast buffet in the morning. The food was terrific and the service in the concierge room in the evening was outstanding. There is also an "honor bar" if you need more than sodas, water or coffee.

My room was great. It was very large with perfect temperature control. It was very clean and there is a refrigerator for use during your stay. The bed an pillows could not have been more comfortable. I sometimes have trouble sleeping in a hotel and I slept like a rock.

I did not stay on the concierge floor on my first visit two years ago and that room was lovely too.

And it's quite affordable for a Marriott property with free parking.

So if you need a place to stay in the Trumbull/Bridgeport/Fairfield vicinity, I would highly recommend the Trumbull Marriott. It's a home away from home.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Trumbull
Hampton Inn by Hilton Shelton
#1 of 1 in Bridgeport
Homewood Suites by Hilton Stratford
Best Western Plus Fairfield Hotel
Hilton Garden Inn Shelton

Been to Trumbull Marriott Merritt Parkway? Share your experiences!