“housekeeping cleaned out my room”

Trumbull Marriott Merritt Parkway
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Trumbull
CMCH
“housekeeping cleaned out my room”
Reviewed August 7, 2012

I was impressed with the comfort and cleanness of the room until I realized that housekeeping had stolen the speakers I bought for my ipod. I called and left a message 20 minutes after checking out when I realized I had left them in the room. No one returned my call until the next day. A woman named Claudia who was in charge of housekeeping called and I asked me for the same information I had left in the message from the day before. She said she would call me right back, she never did. the next day I called and was told they didn't have them. It was $80. worth of speakers I left them on the counter next to the TV It was two sets of speakers with all the wiring I don't believe the maid could have cleaned the room without seeing them. You would think the front desk would have alerted the maid right away since I called so soon after checking out. Would never stay there again they are thieves.

Room Tip: find a different hotel!!!!
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
Bradford, Massachusetts
Reviewed August 6, 2012

this hotel is under construction so its understandable there are some things that are out of their hands as far as noise and smells and the many detours around the hotel, but for the price you can do much better. this is the worse marriot i have stayed in as far as price and what you get. there is no free wi fi there is no complimentary breakfast and i had to ask for extra soaps, towels, toothpaste etc. I feel like if you know there are 2 guests in a room why not supply the room with 2 of everything??? Also for almost $200 a night i would expect something to be complimentary! the hotel restuarant is average and is way over priced as to be expected but there are many restuarants in the immediate area. Also the movie or on demand selections were very pricy as well. The bedroom was small but the bed was comfortable and clean. we stayed in the king size room. the vending machine was broken on our floor and i was so fed up i didnt even bother saying anything. just went up a floor and used that one. Having the outside pool was the only plus to this place. Overall i will not be staying here again, maybe if they change some things and after construction they will get it together a bit.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Newtown, Connecticut
Reviewed August 2, 2012

We stayed for the first time at this hotel recently, as part of a "block" of rooms for my cousin's wedding. The hotel is very close to the Merritt Parkway (thus the name), but nestled away in a semi-private entrance with big pine trees. My wife and I are convinced this building used to be a corporate office that they converted to a hotel.

The front desk and lobby area are very modern and chic, nice clean right angles on everything. There's a lot of ambient light and the check-in process was easy. I will say that I had to remind the front desk person about my special room request, she wasn't going to look at the notes I had entered with my reservation.

One drawback to the layout of this hotel is that there's a central elevator, but rooms branch out in long hallways, so it was quite a walk to get from the hotel to our room. Unfortunately the room we initially received (on the 2nd floor) really smelled like old cigarettes (non-smoking room). We asked for a new room and got a new one without any issues (on the 5th floor).

The rooms are nicely appointed, quiet air conditioner, and modern looking. Nice new TV set but had some trouble with the channels, they were freezing up. All in all though a very nice setup.

The bathroom was clean, except the shower curtain was broken and starting to separate from the wall. Someone did a cheap patch job that didn't work, not overly offensive though.

To cap off my list of "minor annoyances" - there was no outside seating under the pavilion (main entrance). Because it was raining and because we were waiting for a shuttle bus, we had to stand outside and wait. It would have been nice to've been able to sit down while we waited.

I would go back to this hotel if we were in a similar situation - didn't get a chance to see the two pools so I can't comment on that. The bar in the hotel is nice though, just a little cramped if you've got three weddings staying at the hotel at the same time. I wouldn't discourage you from making a reservation there, all in all it was a good experience.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that hasn't received any "odor complaints." (not sure if they can do a...
Providence, Rhode Island
Reviewed July 20, 2012

We stayed here for a Lacrosse Tournament held at Fairfield University - Sound Lacrosse Tournament. When we arrived, there were cookies and fresh lemonade, a nice touch. We were travelling with a lacrosse team with a lot of people checking in (there were a few other teams for other sport events also), however, the staff checked us in very quickly and were friendly and helpful. Our room was at the Concierge level, we stayed in a King room, one of the last rooms available. The room was impeccably clean, roomy and the bed was very comfortable – especially the pillows! Here were 3 of us, and we had ordered a cot – which was not available for some reason; however, there was a pull out sofa in the room – it was ok, not terribly comfortable… although about what you’d expect from a pull-out.

The property was nice, the outdoor pool area was very spacious, attractive and enjoyable, although the pool was small. (very small in proportion to the whole area). The indoor pool was nice. We wanted to order pizza in for the team and sit outside, however the hotel front desk informed us we could not bring food from the outside in - only food from the restaurant; that was a bit disappointing. We do a fair amount of traveling to tournaments, and usually hotels accommodate teams to do this.

The hotel was sold-out, and considering all the teams/kids staying there, it was quiet.
The only other item I'd mention is that there was a fee to access an internet connection – that seems a bit outdated – even budget hotels like Super 8 hotels offer that without a fee. It wasn't a big deal to us though for this weekend.

I’d recommend this hotel, it was a very good value for the price. The staff was nice and helpful. For attending the Sound Tournament, it was relatively close, easy to get to, however, there wasn’t much around the area (restaurants, walking around), staying in Fairfield is nice. There’s a grocery store across the street though, which was handy.

New York City, New York
Reviewed July 6, 2012

I stay at this hotel atleast 2-5 times a year, we go to visit my sister and we do all types of things in the area. Pumpkin picking, Tree picking for christmas and just BBQ's with the family. We normally get the package deal with breakfast. Its great if you are on a budget and don't want to leave the premises. They have alright waffles for the kids. And a buffet area with probably what is powdered eggs, really good homefries and some bacon etc. There are cereals, yogurt and fruit. I love the room service even better. I've had a fish dish once and it was superb. We are travelling there again this weekend for just one night stay to beat the heat of NYC and visit my sister. I'm looking foward to getting a dip in the pool and hot tub. I love the fact that they have an indoor and an outdoor pool. The gym is a decent size and towels are plentiful.

There is a target right next door, McDonalds also, Home Goods, Kohls all within walking distance. There is also a grocery store directly across from the Hotel. I really have no complaints about this hotel. The only one nuisance that I can complain about is that there was some people partying one night next door to us and kept slamming the door. My husband asked nicely to please stop because we have little children trying to sleep. They didn't listen so security was called and they handled it. There were signs around the visit before to please keep quiet and no partying out in the hallway or in rooms. But I think that was taken down that time we went. All in all for a marriott I think it did good.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed June 15, 2012

Stayed at this hotel whilst they were undergoing renovations, had immense difficulty getting a good nights sleep.
The rooms are badly arranged, the staff didn't give a damn for customer service.
I took my do not disturb sign off my room at noon, and when I returned at 10pm from work they had not cleaned my room. In my 7 day stay my room was cleaned once!

• Stayed June 2012
1 Thank Seanit
Orlando
Reviewed June 7, 2012

Aside from the renovation of their front desk area and with two weddings going on, I noticed that the hotel has improved in many ways. First of all, the room we ended up was renovated. The bar and dining area had not changed but the menu has completely been revamped. I am very picky when it comes to food and the types if wine they carry by the glass. I was pleasantly surprised when the appetizers came out. Everything we ordered were delicious and the ingredients, very fresh. We were there two nights so we congregated at the bar every night.

I cannot wait for their newly designed front entrance area to be finished. It's a great place right off the Merritt Turnpike. Our son was graduating from the nearby university so we had three rooms booked for family and friends. They were all pleased with their accommodations too.

The breakfast buffet was out of this world! The service was perfect! Excellent job!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Trumbull
Hampton Inn by Hilton Shelton
Holiday Inn Bridgeport
Holiday Inn Bridgeport
#1 of 1 in Bridgeport
The Circle Hotel Fairfield

Been to Trumbull Marriott Merritt Parkway? Share your experiences!