“Clean and quiet”

Trumbull Marriott Merritt Parkway
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Trumbull
Reviewed September 18, 2011

We stayed here for one night because we worked too late to drive all the way into NYC, but had a very early appointment the next morning in NYC. The room was clean and comfortable, the entry way to the room had a wood-like floor (looked like Pergo rather than real wood to me), and the counter tops were granite. I like having the sink outside the bathroom, it makes it easier for two people to get ready more quickly in the morning.

We arrived too late to feel like exercising or eating, so can't comment on the restaurant or gym.

The beds were quite comfortable, with quality linens.

• Stayed: September 2011
1  Thank MrsJRI

Reviewed September 6, 2011

I love this hotel so much!!!!!! Nice rooms, pools, J Porters has the best Clam Chowder, nice lounge, fitness center, tons of brochures, breakfast, nice to get out, chill and enjoy it at this hotel but do not use the shampoo or conditioner inside and do not get wet hair in jacuzzi but anyway stay!!!!

• Stayed: August 2011
Reviewed September 6, 2011

I stayed here when working in the area - it is right off of a major highway, but not noisy at all. The rooms are more upscale than a typical Marriott, with wood floors in the entryway to the room and granite in the shower. My room was a little bit bigger than the typical room with enough space for a couch and coffee table without feeling cramped (comparable to NYC Marriott Marquis if you have been there). The landscaping is beautiful, and I loved the outdoor pool area. They had a poolside grill but it was not open when I was there (maybe only on weekends?) There is also an indoor pool and gym. There is an upscale steakhouse in the hotel - I never ate there but ordered room service and it was better than typical Marriott food. Parking is free but not covered. I will definitely stay here again - I felt like I was on vacation instead of a business trip.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed August 8, 2011

I stayed on business at the Trumbull Marriott. The rooms are beautifully decorated and very nice. There is a large safe for your laptop and plenty of storage for clothes in the dresser and closet. The room also has a refrigerator and coffee maker. I give the room five stars. The bed was very comfortable as well. The TV in my room quit on me and they offered to move me because they could not swap it out. They did come right away and try to fix it but they could not. I did not want to move. It may have been the cable service and luckily, it was fixed by the next day. The thing that I did not like about this hotel is they charge you $12.95 per day for wireless internet access. This is crazy and so I just used my phone to answer some emails while out of the office. They should really give this to people just like most other hotels do these days.

I did not eat in the restaurant. I was there for meetings that were catered by the hotel and the food was really good. Surprisingly good hotel catering food. Overall, this was a pleasant place that I would recommend to others. They just have to stop being stingy with the internet service charge.

Stayed: July 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed August 4, 2011

It's clean, well appointed, and very convenient if you are visiting a business in the area, which is pretty rural. The restaurant was surpisingly good plus it's the only one you can get to without a car. The only downside is the fact that you should call a taxi well in advance of when you need one. They are called in; they don't line up outside the door.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed July 30, 2011

Stayed here while attending a family wedding.....a great location....just off the merritt parkway and tucked in down a quiet winding road......great facilities.....both indoor and outdoor pools and hottub and great buffet breakfast. We also stayed at the hotel restaurant for dinner one night and the food was great....no complaints. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed July 28, 2011

This strangely located hotel keeps bringing us back. We're going back this weekend and were only there 2 weeks ago. This is the 3rd summer we've been there. We haven't found anything in the area that's particularly exciting but the hotel is easily accessible from NYC, has a very accomodating staff, is near some very fine dining, has a lovely pool - in other words, the perfect place for a little R&R without too much driving! Last time we really enjoyed the Breakfast Buffet (we usually go off site to eat). We'll definitely eat breakfast in again.

Room Tip: Haven't tried - the regularly reserved rooms have been lovely.