“New Trumbull destination”

Trumbull, United States
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“New Trumbull destination”
Reviewed September 22, 2013

Thrilled to have an upscale restaurant in Trumbull. Delightful atmosphere, noise level very tolerable, perfectly informal. The staff is delightful. Our waiter very friendly but was overly attentive. We very much enjoyed the scotch, however, our salad was delivered much too fast to enjoy our drink to it's fullest. The prime ribs was delicious, but also served too quickly. The bread was VERY disappointing..almost tasteless. Perhaps some kinks just need to be worked out.
We will definitely return.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank libeachbum46

Trumbull, Connecticut
“disappointing”
Reviewed September 17, 2013

stopped by for a drink and aps with a friend. Excellent ambiance. down hill from there. Had the beef tenderloin aps, like chewing gum. The house wine, was the $9 per 2 liter bottle- the glass almost cost the amount of a bottle. Waiter screwed up the drinks. and the also the check. Overpriced, under delivered.

• Visited September 2013
3 Thank Chris T
“Adorable”
Reviewed September 10, 2013

Parker's is a wanna be. And by wanna be, they want to be considered a respectful restaurant that can compete with those of Fairfield County, but clearly have poor management where they will fail to do so. The food is decent and decor is, cute... But not a place I would spend more than 50 dollars on, let alone probably take a first date. I hope they figure it out, because I miss getting iced coffee at the old Dunkin that used to occupy that space.

• Visited October 2012
2 Thank Meechy2488
Trumbull, Connecticut, United States
“Nice place, but poor service.”
Reviewed September 3, 2013

My wife and I went to Parker Steak and Scotch on a Friday night. We did not have reservations. The pleasant hostess told us it would be a 15 - 20 minute wait. After waiting over an hour, and watching several people who came in after us get seated (they also did not have reservations), I asked if our table was almost ready. She said we were next.
After finally getting seated, our server took our drink order. He did not write it down and had to return to our table to check and see what we ordered because he forgot. The same thing happened with our appetizers.
When the time came for us to order our entrees, my wife placed her order. I asked for the bone-in ribeye, medium rare. He asked me to repeat the order. I pointed to the ribeye on the menu and repeated "medium rare". Of course he did not write anything down and had to come back to the table to re-take the order.
When the food came, our server placed a plate of bbq spare ribs in front of me. We politely told him that I had ordered the ribeye steak. He simply stated, "Oh, I'm really sorry about that" and walked away.
By this time, it was almost two hours after we walked in. I just wanted to eat and get out of there. To be fair to them, the ribs were fine, but I ordered steak.
The place itself was decorated well, but that is not why I go to a restaurant. I understand they are new, but if the staff cannot remember the orders, they should write it down. And when you bring the wrong food out, at least put some effort into trying to correct the error.
I was happy to hear of a new restaurant in town, but I honestly don't think I will be going back.

• Visited August 2013
3 Thank Christopher R
Trumbull, Connecticut
“Bad Experience”
Reviewed August 31, 2013

We were really excited about this new restaurant being opened in Trumbull - it looks nice from the outside and has a promising menu. However, our Saturday night dinner was a complete disaster. Honestly, you can get better food and service at Chipotle.

1. First of all, we made a reservation for 8 pm, arrived a little early and still waited for about 25 minutes before we were told by the hostess that there are no available tables inside and the only table they have is outside. Since we were sitting next to a couple that had been waiting for over an hour for a table, we agreed to take the table even though our preference was to eat inside.

2. After we sat down, it took another 10 minutes for a waiter to take our drink orders and another 10 minutes to get our drinks. The drinking straws were brought up unwrapped, simply sitting on the waiters’ drink tray which did not look very clean. The waiter picked them up and dumped them on a table (which was an outside table and unlikely wiped for a couple of hours).

3. We decided to place our food order right away to avoid additional delays. My husband ordered a burger and I ordered a “well done” prime rib (well done for health reasons). Our food was delivered about 45 minutes later (about 1.5 hours after we had entered the establishment). While other tables around us received a bread basket, we, for some reason, did not. As was later explained by the waiter, they “forgot to give it to us”.

4. The burger and the stake arrived at the same time. The steak was clearly medium to medium rare with a pink middle and some blood. We thought this was a result of miscommunication between the waiter and the kitchen and sent the steak back to make it well done. The steak was back in 5 minutes, cut in two pieces – still medium as it was acknowledged by the waiter. I cut the meat and had to send it back again since it was pink. When the steak came back pink again and I cut it again to show the waiter, who took it back for the fourth time. I have never sent my food back in a restaurant before, and this time had to send it back four times before they got it right. I still don’t understand why it is so difficult to make a well done steak in a so called “steakhouse”. By the time I got my meal back, my $27.00 prime rib was 6 small pieces of charred meat. But at least there was no more pink. But that time it was already almost 10 pm and too late to go eat someplace else.

5. The food was mediocre at best, really nothing special.

6. It took us another 15 minutes to get the check after asking 3 different people. My last hope was for the restaurant to somehow make up for their mistake. Offering a $5 dollar dessert would probably make the girl happy! However, nothing was said nor done, the bill was for a full price, including an itemized complimentary bread basket that we never received.

7. I asked to speak to the manager, who came up and after listening to us stated that they judge their steaks by temperature not by the looks. (Hello, a well done steak should not bleed no matter how they look at it. Get a better food thermometer!). She said they will try to make up for us next time. My husband said that next time is unlikely to happen and the manager stated that it is OK with them “if they never see us again”. Still, no genuine apology not an offer for a complimentary dessert or simply an iced tea.

It is very sad that despite the hype (the place was packed on Saturday night) and limited amount of similar options in Trumbull, this new place ended up being so bad.

• Visited August 2013