“Excellent noodles, not the greatest soup”

Fuji Japanese Restaurant
Ranked #16 of 128 Restaurants in Torrington
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed June 17, 2012

This is the Japanese restaurant our family stops at when we want something different. The food is good, most of the hibachi chefs are fun and talented, and the place itself is clean, comfortable, and well tended. The udon soup is not the greatest, and my husband often complains that he's still hungry when we leave, but my son, my friends, and I all think that this is a great place to go for dinner, especially for special occasions.

Reviewed April 29, 2012

My daughter and husband got food poisoning here from Nabiyaki Udon soup. Old disgusting pieces of shrimp on floor under table.

Reviewed March 5, 2012

The first time we came here we had the hibachi lunch and a couple special rolls. The sushi was amazing, so much so we came back a few days later for more. Down side, the hibachi was mediocre at best. Four rolls and a drink cost us almost 70. Amazing yes, 15 a roll was pushing it a bit. It's great sushi don't get me wrong. But for these prices it won't be a regular for us.

Reviewed January 2, 2012

This Japanese Restaurant far exceeded my expectations. Went here for lunch and had a chicken and steak habachi combo platter including salad and fried rice. The seasoning was perfect with a hint of ginger. Everything was surprisingly good. The place is clean with a relaxed atmosphere. One of my new favorite local restaurants.

1  Thank steve375
Reviewed August 23, 2011

This is by far my kids favorite place to eat. The hibachi meals are a expensive but the kids love the show! For a family I would recommend get a coupon from the coupon magazine that come in the mail, I get it in Goshen. Also we only get meals for my wife and myself, the kids get hibachi noodle or rice which is a fraction of the meal price. They really only want the show and really don't care about the food. That being said the food is always good! I recommend the tenderloin filet every time!!

1  Thank deeter123