“Disgusting..the owners are filthy just loike the rooms...take some pride!!!”

Rodeway Inn & Suites
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Torrington
Manchester, NH
“Disgusting..the owners are filthy just loike the rooms...take some pride!!!”
Reviewed August 23, 2010

Dirty towels, cigarette burns in the linens, mold, curry smell, old furniture, mildew, and stains in the bed. this place needs to be closed down. Do not stay here no matter what. Filthy!!!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
2 Thank c0ncernedC0nsumer

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
East Meadow, New York
Reviewed August 5, 2010

We were originally given room 224, The mattresses were lumpy and obvously very old. Cigarette burns in the bed linens. There was some unrecognizable odor in the air. we felt like we just checked into the "Exit 45 Motel" somewhere. Just terrible. I went to the fron desk and was given a Suite at $10.00 extra per night. They converted the rooms across from the suites into apartments and we had the horrible stench of curry through the halls, in our room, everywhere. room was slightly better than 224. Manager Patel had a real attitude with anyone that started to complain to him about anything. Breakfast room was always short of food and the woman on charge of the breakfast room kept leaving and returning 15 minutes later, then we were actually kicked out of the breakfast room at 10:15 with her saying the room was closed. I complained to Choice Hotels and will be lodging a complaint with the local health department regarding the "apartments", etc.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank wurli1

Travelers are raving about these Torrington hotels

Columbus
Reviewed July 26, 2010

I was here with my husband and my sister and her family. We booked two rooms and one was more gross than the other! The carpets were filthy, the shower head in my sister's room was hanging off the wall, there were spiders (both dead and alive) in both of our rooms and some of the towels were so old you could practically see through them. I would not recommend to anyone that they stay here. The rooms smell, the breakfast is a worthless and the owners and desk help are useless and rude. This is definitely a hotel that should be closed down - even the indoor pool was closed for repairs!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
New Hamshire
Reviewed July 13, 2010

Perhaps it was the smell, the stained carpet, the torn bed skirt or the unlit pool, but if I am ever near Torrington again, I'll be staying somewhere else! To be fair, everything was "surface clean", the linens clean, but I didn't want to put my bare feet or my suitcase on the floor. Everything was dated--really dated--not retro-chic. My Mom's room--just a tad better. Be warned: She paid $30.00 more than we did because she booked on-line. We just called direct and asked for a courtesy hold. We still don't know if our points were posted to our "Choice Privileges" account--the clerk "didn't know how to do that." Mom's room was posted "non-smoking" but it had been a smoking room in a past life--right down to the burn holes in the bed spread! Both rooms had overhead and poor lighting that only enhanced the dreariness. Mom's first room (they changed) windows had been jimmied and the frames bent out of shape! My husband went down to breakfast and was greeted by the dismal, hot (the A/C wasn't turned on) room, milk and juice left out--not in/on ice or out of their cartons and the "hot" breakfast was bacon! We were there for a funeral--which the staff did not know--but they waited outside our rooms with the cleaning cart just waiting for us to check out! I told them we would be out at 10:00 but they stayed right there. Never again!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank ManyMilesLogged
Mass, USA
Reviewed June 1, 2010

This is the 3rd time I've stayed here, but the first in 3 years. The last 2 times it wasn't labeled as a Quality Inn, and it was absolutely disgusting. I didn't want to stay here but didn't have a choice.

It looks as if the place has been spruced up a bit and more care has been taken as far as room cleanliness. It's taken a big step up, which firmly rates it a "Fair, at best." My room had the smell of bathroom cleaner when I walked in, but it sure beats stale smoke, curry, or mold. The bathroom was indeed clean as well as the room and the bed. The air conditioning was cold and there was very good water pressure in the shower. My refrigerator didn't work, but I left word at the front desk and it was replaced when I got back to the room.

Some of my co-workers weren't as fortunate and their rooms stunk and were dirty. However I'm only rating my room.

As a last resort I'd stay here, but if it was my money I wouldn't.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled on business
2 Thank PhineusFlog
Fernandina Beach, FL
Reviewed August 27, 2009

We were visiting our son in nearby Winsted and tried out this non-Quality Inn. There was mold everywhere - even on the inside of the shower curtain. The room smelled terrible and the carpet looked soiled. I wouldn't walk on it without shoes or socks. The internet didn't work. It was disgusting. There are other places to stay in the area - don't stay at the Quality Inn. I contacted the corporate office about this hotel but didn't hear anything back. That speaks volumes and will help determine our choice of hotels in the future. We travel about a week a month for pleasure and have learned our lesson about Quality Inn. They indicate certain amenities but you don't want to use them!

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
New Jersey
Reviewed August 11, 2009

We were suppose to stay 2 nights but checked out after 1. The rooms are mold/mildew infested and SMELL. My family was physically sick the morning after staying here! Our door looked like someone had broken into the room at some point and they just silcon caulked the door jam back in place. The pool was closed (probably because of some bacterial fungus), the fitness room equipment is from 1970 and the AC doesn't work. The staff smiles alot but really doesn't do anything, especially keep the place clean. I think the kennel where my dog stayed was cleaner than this place. We checked out the Yankee Peddler and the Days Inn, equally gross. Drive the 20-25 minutes and stay in a neighboring town. SERIOUSLY!!! All hotels in Torrington are gross!

Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Torrington
BW Premier Collection The Litchfield Inn
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Bristol, Connecticut
White Hart Inn
White Hart Inn
#1 of 1 in Salisbury
Avon Old Farms Hotel
Hampton Inn & Suites Hartford/Farmington
Grace Mayflower Inn and Spa

Been to Rodeway Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!