“Don't stay here!” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Rodeway Inn & Suites

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Rodeway Inn & Suites
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Torrington
MA
“Don't stay here!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2009

On 9/1/08, my wife and I, who are seasoned travelers, checked into the Quality Inn & Suites in Torrington, CT. Our reservation/confirmation number was 56974416. This reservation was made on 8/21/08.
The first room we were assigned was next to a noisy laundry room around back of the motel. The room smelled musty. The bathroom had a large round (the size of a basketball) mildew/moldy patch on the ceiling above the tub. The room, although marked “Non Smoking”, smelled of stale smoke.
We requested another room, and were assigned one in a dark corner, which also smelled musty. This room too smelled of smoke even though it was “Non Smoking”. It also had a loose toilet seat that almost slid me onto the floor after snapping my back when I sat on it shortly after entering the room.
The third room assigned to us at first seemed acceptable. However, after being in the room for a short time, it became obvious that this room was terrible as far as our comfort and convenience were concerned. I have listed some of the things wrong with this room.
Bathroom
The bolts that were holding down the toilet were sticking up out of the floor about two inches, with no caps on them. This could cause someone’s foot to be cut open. The water level in the toilet was so high that it came in contact with one’s skin upon sitting on the seat. The tub had mold around most edges and joints, there were large chips in the porcelain, and the shower curtain was slimy. The floor had cracked and broken tiles. The sink was broken away from the wall and was sloping forward so nothing could be put on the back or the edges of the sink. The woodwork and door were scratched and stained.
Bedroom
The carpet was stained and dirty. There was much dust behind the nightstands and under the desk. The windows were dirty, the iron holder was broken out of the wall, there were cobwebs on the walls, the upholstery on the stuffed chair was ripped, and the drapes were such that they blocked the air from the AC.
Outside
The ice machine was located on a very small, unlit room accessible from the parking lot. I was most uncomfortable that the room was so dark, since there had been a couple of unsavory looking people sitting on benches around the parking lot when we checked in while it was still daylight.

In conclusion, we spent a most uncomfortable night at this facility. Based on this experience, we will not stay at another Choice Hotel ever again.

• Stayed September 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
North Wales
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 12, 2009

I am a frequent Choice Hotel customer and had a pleasant stay at the Quality Inn and Suites in Torrington,Connecticut.I was traveling with my coworkers,which was a group of five.We had stayed for a total of four days and two of the days,we had a meeting in the meeting room that is part of the hotel.It was very nicely set up,a comfortable atmosphere throughout the hotel.Very clean,staff is more than helpful to answer all questions,as well as very responsive and knowlegeable.The free continental breakfast was more than wonderful and provided up with a great start to our day and throughout our days,I enjoyed the free coffee in the hotel lobby which is available at any time of day.The wireless internet was also very fast which helped throughout our stay so that I could finish my work.Our company will be sending us back to the Connecticut area a few more times and we have already submitted that we would like to stay at the Quality Inn.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled on business
New York., NY
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 16, 2009

We had to check into three separate non-smoking rooms in this hotel, because the first two smelled of cigarette smoke. Floors were stained with ??? No continental breakfast, even though the description here stated there was one, Only coffee in the room and at the front desk. We passed up the Days Inn to stay here, and that may have been a mistake.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Travelers are raving about these Torrington hotels

Lancaster, PA
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 27, 2008

We just returned form Christmas with the family in Thomaston, CT. We've tried several hotels in the area and since we are Choice hotel members, thought we should try this one. Since it had snowed, but was now raining very hard, we thought the snow could have been cleared. There was ice on the parking lot throughout our three day stay, and we had to carry a baby in a carrier and other baby gear as well, so slipping on ice was a safety issue--irregardless of baby. The crib supplied by the hotel was totally unacceptalbe. There were large, sharp bolts sticking out, which we covered with masking tape, but we were lucky to have grandparents, who brought a play and pack the second night. The microwave had crumbs on it from previous travelers, and noticeable fingerprints. The phone was filthy with greasy residue, and the refrigerator was also stcky inside on the bottom. The sheets looked clean, but the duvet looked like it needed laundered. Some towels were more gray than white.
The breakfast room was poorly equipped--there was no orange juice at 8:30 in the morning--they ran out and wouldn't replace it. We were offered apple juice. The waffle maker was crusted with previous waffles, and spray oil was just added over the residue of the previous uses. The waffle mix itself was separated and lumpy--very unappetizing. We went to Dunkin' Donuts nearby.
On the morning we were to check out, we left for breakfast and returned at 9:20 AM to find that our room had been cleaned already, although we had not checked out. I found this to be totally unacceptable. Do not stay here! We'll be looking for a different hotel in the Thomaston area.

• Liked — Leaving
  • Disliked — The dirty walls, utilities, and linens
  • Stayed December 2008, traveled with family
Milwaukee
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 11, 2008

I didn't really have a choice...my company had booked this hotel. My company doesn't really do a good job doing research before booking hotels. As I pulled up, It didn't look too bad from the outside besides it looks like a motel, not a hotel. Very deceiving!! The entrance to your room is located on the outside, doesn't seem very safe does it? As I entered the room, it reminded me of the 70's and was screaming for a facelift. It did smell like animal, or smoke, not able to air out. Because once again there is a window but it's probably not the safest to keep it open since someone could potentially break in. The lighting is dingy and I had a broken toilet. I guess my overally experience wasn't too pleasant. I just didn't feel safe and the continenal breakfast wasn't great. They had bananas that looked like they've been sitting there for two weeks and they didn't get new one's and I was there the entire week. One night I arrived back late at night to find about 15 cops surrounding the area. I questioned and found out there was someone by the hotel that they were searching for.... a little scary! Good luck, I wouldn't take a chance.

• Liked — internet connection and close to work location
  • Disliked — the uncleanliness feel to the building and room along with the unsafeness
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Cherry Hill,New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 24, 2008

Hi,
My name is Ron George and I stayed at the Quality Inn and Suites Hotel in Torrington,Connecticut on July 7th to July 10th as I am was there for a business conferance.As I pulled into the Hotel,I immediately noticed the nice enivornment that the Hotel was in.I am a usual at the Days Inn which is also in Torrington,Connecticut,as I travel here often,but I did notice a steady decline in there service and rooms.Even after the so-called "renovation",I still think the Hotel is in need of a SERIOUS make-over.So,I decided to stay at the Quality Inn and Suites in Torrington,CT.I had a smooth check-in and arrived in my room.My room smelled fresh and clean,all linens were spotless (which is a major plus).Next I went for a swim in the swimming pool.It was relaxing especially a long day.I actually went in the pool everyday I was there and I also visited the gym located at the Hotel as well.I had a wonderful breakfast in the morning with a vast variety of items.Everything was excellent,price wise,cleanliness and friendliness.I would definetly stay here again.

• Liked — Friendly Staff
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled on business
Connecticut
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 18, 2008

We booked 30 rooms for a wedding event many months in advance and requested that the guests be placed in the same area together. However, they were spread out over the whole hotel. Although my room was very nice, the majority of the other guests complained of bugs, terrible animal or cigarette odor and shabby units. One guest even refused to stay and checked out, others stayed because it was so late and they had no where else to go. They did not feel safe walking in bare feet on the floors. The breakfast room was touted to be a wonderful spread, but except for homemade waffles, the juice was empty both mornings, the donuts/pastries were like Drake cakes in packages - nothing at all to draw you back.

I was very embarrassed that I recommended this hotel to my friends and relatives.

I would not recommend this place to anyone and am considering contacting the Board of Health.

• Liked — location near our event
  • Disliked — No handicap accomodations, cleanliness, odors
  • Stayed July 2008
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Torrington
Litchfield Inn
Hampton Inn & Suites Hartford/Farmington
Days Inn Torrington
Days Inn Torrington
#1 of 3 in Torrington

Been to Rodeway Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!