“One word "Terrible"”

Rodeway Inn & Suites
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Torrington
Reviewed October 14, 2013

Worst hotel I’ve ever stayed at. Hotel was overbooked so the room we reserved w/ 2 double beds was unavailable. We were given a suite w/ a king bed, this was supposedly an upgrade. NOT! As we were a family of 4 we requested a roll a way bed for one of the kids. Was told they would send it right up. A half hour later we had to leave for an event so we called the front desk and told them to just put it inside the room. Called back an hour later to see if it had been delivered and was told it was in the room. When we returned from our event at 10:00pm, there was no roll a way bed. My husband had to go down to the front desk and get it himself. The room was filthy. When we checked the couch to see if it turned in to a bed there were potato chip crumbs and dirt underneath the cushions. The bathroom was dirty, the toilet paper holder was missing. The TV’s looked to be 25 years old. There were no remotes for either TV. The TV in the bedroom was stuck on the History channel. We’ll never go back there again. It’s too bad because this hotel is really convenient to family in the area.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank DawnL1990
There are newer reviews for Rodeway Inn & Suites

Reviewed October 7, 2013

Stayed at this hotel for 3 nights First two in the Litchfield room and the next in room 301 just across the hall I had read all the reviews and was not sure what to expect we arrived late evening and a lovely young girl left the reception to show me to the room The description of the room I had booked said a 2 bedroom suite.This room was huge It had 2 rooms but only beds in one The other room was a sitting room When I explained we were 4 adults and a child the young girl brought a fold up bed for us free of charge . The beds were really comfy Not so sure about the fold up bed ! Breakfast next day was great The two girls in the Breakfast room were very helpful The food was great Eggs Bacon Waffles Toast yoghurts Tea Coffee Hot chocolate and nice juices We checked out in the morning and hoped to get the same room The owner was there and tried to let us have the same room Someone else had made a request for the room so we had room 301 facing the front of the hotel Nice room but not as nice as the previous room We didn't use the pool but it looked nice and clean The receptionist called Lowell was most charming The hotel could do with a bit of TLC but we enjoyed it and will go back

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed September 24, 2013

Its sad that this Hotel is in a perfect place for my family and friends to stay and visit my niece. But for 89.99 a night. The bathroom was dirty I went to the BIG Y and bought a bathroom cleaner and scrub. The shower curtain had mold. There was hair in the tub. The rugs were dirty my white socks that I keep on because I was scared to take them off were black. The whole bedding it self was stained and looked dirty. The rooms smelled like they haven't been open in a long time, smelled misty. I would leave the AC on full blast so it won't smell my other company not so lucky.The fridge smelled like mold.The staff walked around with cigarettes in their hands, while going from room to room. The morning staff whom served breakfast were very nice and helpful. The hotel needs a serious upgrade. Hotel Impossible with Anthony really needs to visit this place.

Room Tip: Go to another Hotel, don't waist your money. Days Inn has the same rates and much, much cleaner...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Wendy P
Reviewed September 10, 2013

We pulled in and from the outside it wasn't to bad. After checking in we went to our room. The first thing that hit us when we opened the door was the smell. We ended up propping the door open to try and air the place out a little. The next thing that was overly apparent was the carpet, besides the stains there were pieces of paper everywhere, like the room wasn't even vaccumed. Since it was getting late and we only planned on staying one night and the bed looked clean we decided to stay. We left the hotel and went out to dinner upon returning we discovered a knife sticking out from behind the mini fridge and the remote didn't work. I called room service to discuss these issues and was told that they could be addressed in the morning. The staff was very nice but the room and the building were in serious need of updates and maintenance. I would not reccomend this place to anyone.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Valerie S
Reviewed August 20, 2013

This hotel needs some major updating, our room needs new windows, the rug needs replacing, and there were gaps around our front door. Someone's used q-tip on the floor under the toilet which was there throughout our stay.The outside especially needs some work, part of the roof soffitt had fallen off by one of the stairwells and is very noticeable. The main clientele we noticed were migrant and transient workers who were on the second floor balcony drinking beer when we arrived.We stayed 6 days and during our stay someone set off the sprinkler system after 11pm which flooded out 2 rooms on the second floor and the breakfast room. The fire alarm went off and
My husband heard water running outside in the hallway which was now flooded. The firetrucks showed up and the manager was talking really loud outside our door about the situation, obviously no one could sleep. The next day there was't any coffee or juice available for the guests. Every time we saw this manager he was chatting with different people then we checked out nothing was ever said about the happenings except a comment was made because we checked out early. I am totally upset over this,not a word from management, no discount offer for all we endured. Take my advise and stay away from this hotel!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank yhannon
Reviewed August 4, 2013

When I checked inn my room wasn't even vaccuumed, pretzels and plastic wrappers on the floor. I overlooked those few days, but I wouldn't stay there again!! They run out of regular milk eventhough the conatainer says 2% and don't get it for up to 4 days. There is a grocery store across the road and the manager is too durn lazy to get it I guess? I can't believe they have the gull to charge $79.00 with the not so quality of the room? The doors are uneven and gaps along the top edges. The AC unit had gaps so heat and bugs can come in? I would stay elsewhere!! Torringtong needs a new hotel for those business travlers like me!! The 4th of July weekend they were trying to charge $250.00 per night :Ridiculous!" I stayed in Windsor Locks and drove 45 minutes each way 1.5 hours per day, but well worth the drive.

Room Tip: If you have to stay there get an upstairs room, so it won't be smelly and a tiny bit better.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank MrGoodwrench3
Reviewed August 1, 2013 via mobile

I can't believe this place is still open and a member of Choice Hotels. The cancellation time they say is 4 when every decent chain has a 6pm cancellation. Even though I never checked in . I asked to see a room but climbed the stairs only to find out the clerk cod not open the door. So I never checked in and they refused to refund my money. I agree WORST ever. The Marriott in Waterbury had a room for the same price, clean rooms, very friendly staff. Don't even think about this one

• Stayed: July 2013
3  Thank Claire446
Also consider these accommodations in or near Torrington
The Litchfield Inn, BW Premier Collection
Hampton Inn & Suites Hartford/Farmington
Days Inn Torrington
Days Inn Torrington
#1 of 3 in Torrington

Been to Rodeway Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!