“Great Atmosphere...”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Berkshire Cafe

Berkshire Cafe
Ranked #11 of 123 Restaurants in Torrington
Cuisines: Pizza, Italian
Good for: Dining on a budget
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Litchfield, Connecticut
“Great Atmosphere...”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2014

Went there for a light lunch with out of town guest and had pizza with almost everything on it. Delicious... Love the character of the place and it always has a great vibe. Not formal, and not expensive.

• Visited July 2014

Lakeside, CT
“Great Pizza and Salad”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 31, 2014

This place has character. We love the atmosphere and the food. It's a very casual place in an old building. Not fancy, but good. They make a great salad, too!

Visited March 2014
Byron, Georgia
“Pizza Pub”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2013

I was there many years ago and the quality has diminished since then. First of all they charge you for every soda drink $1.50 per refill New York like. Grrrrr!! I hate this practice unless they mention it before several sodas and find it on the bill afterwards!! The salad was very good, but the pizza quality was average at best? I was expecting a New York style pizza being in the northeast and it took 30 mins to get our pizza? I think the cook drop our pizza and had to cook another? I was sitting at the bar and he was bringing out what looked be our pizza and dropped it on the floor? I would go somewhere else. 1 small salad enough for 2, medium pizza and 2 sodas $25.00 kind of high, but what everything is more in the Northeast. I am from the south.

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank MrGoodwrench3
Litchfield, Connecticut
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Lousy”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 22, 2013

The service was horrible on Monday night. The waitress was rude acted like she was doing us a favor by taking our order would much rather by taking to a man at the bar. Then she just put our plates and silverware and napkins on the edge of the table in a stack. The salad was ok but it was iceberg lettuce with cheese and a few pieces of meat, the dressing was good. The pizza was a mess center was soggy and raw. The wings were baked and tasted rubbery. This place use to be so much better. We will not return.

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank Mary P
East Central FL
“A Favorite Whenever In Town.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 15, 2013 via mobile

I stop here whenever I am in Torrington. I grew up here so maybe it's the nostalgia. Whatever. There is always a place to sit and I get a pizza because I enjoy the fresh flavor. The atmosphere reeks New England which, for me, is a good departure from the south.

• Visited June 2013