“Great food, nice atmosphere, attentive service.”

Vientiane Thai Cuisine
Ranked #4 of 123 Restaurants in Torrington
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
“Great food, nice atmosphere, attentive service.”
Reviewed February 23, 2014

We love to go here. I try to choose something different every time but am drawn to a few favorite dishes. My husband always gets something new and has never been disappointed. If my daughter chooses where we go this is always her first pick.
It is nice to bring our own wine, the staff is very friendly and the atmosphere is good for just about any event.

• Visited February 2014
2 Thank Dansage2013

Winsted, Connecticut
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“gets better every time!”
Reviewed February 17, 2014

I've been to Vientiane about 6 or 7 times over the last year (both take out and seated), and the food tastes better each time! The service is always quick and friendly, too. I love the Drunken Noodles!

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank Liz O
Morris, Connecticut
“Close your eyes and ignore the 60% vacant plaza, the drop ceiling and the fact you're in Torrington”
Reviewed January 30, 2014

... and you will have one of the best (if not the best) Thai meals available in NW Connecticut. I LOVE this place, the attentive service, the diverse menu and fresh/delicious offerings. I'm a simpleton when it comes to dining, in that when I find something I love I usually stick with it. However, I'm a seriously harsh critic when it comes to paying to dine out - a restaurant better knock my socks off or I'm not coming back. I have been to Vientiane 3 times in 6 months and I will be back often. The only criticism I have is ordering a soda and getting it in a can... I think they could do better than that, but I'll live.

• Visited December 2013
2 Thank Hilary A
Hartford, Connecticut
“Great Thai”
Reviewed November 15, 2013

I have been to this restaurant many times and always enjoy my meal. I ordered take out yesterday for myself and my colleague. I had the Pho and Chicken Larp and she had the Chicken Pad Woon Sen. I can not say enough about the Larp. It was seasoned perfectly with a nice hint of spice and the freshness of cilantro. The broth of the Pho was so soothing and delicious and the beef was both flavorful and tender. I also always order the Curry Puffs. They are light, crispy with a great curry taste. My colleague also always enjoys the Pad Woon Sen. If you haven't given it a try, do so.

• Visited November 2013
3 Thank travelloverCt
Sanibel Island, Florida
“Great food with Thai and Laotian influence”
Reviewed November 15, 2013

Hidden away from the center of downtown this restaurant as worth looking for. The Thai/Laotian food is about the best you can find as I have been to both countries so I know what I'm talking about. To find a restaurant like this in Torrington was quite a surprise. We have been here many times and have yet to have a bad meal. Another thing to note is you can bring your own beer/wine and there is no corkage fee. Great place with servers who take good care of you.

• Visited November 2013