“favorite local restaurant”

Dining options: Reservations
Hartford, Connecticut
“favorite local restaurant”
Reviewed December 11, 2012

I just love the food here.. they have a pub menu but the dinner menu is wonderful... My favorites are the Lobster ravioli and the Chilean SEa Bass that is often the special.. The Sea bass has a mango salsa that is great. Love the escargots too.. don't forget to enjoy one of the Martinis offered too!! Enjoy!!

Visited November 2012

Westfield, Massachusetts
“Classic New England”
Reviewed November 11, 2012

My grandmother treated me to dinner here at our last visit. She's a townie who knows everyone, and she is very particular about food, so she insisted on ordering the best!

The restaurant is situated in the back of a spooky and charming colonial inn, so walking to the bathroom treats you to a brief tour of the lobby and public spaces. I have no cause to, but I'd love to stay there sometime. It had a haunted feel to it, which is an aesthetic that may appeal to some. The restaurant similarly feels very "Old New England," in that respect.

The filet mignon was superb, cooked to perfection. Bread arrived with a wonderful dipping oil, and our waitress was incredibly attentive. It was busy with people visiting the Warner Theatre, but we were given a secluded table in the corner by request, which was appreciated.

All in all, pricing was in line with the quality and portions. I'm sure I'll be back the next time I visit!

• Visited March 2012
Washington, Connecticut
“Good Food, great & atmosphere”
Reviewed October 23, 2012

They have a Jamming piano player, that is fantastic!! We had the SHOW menu & I had the Baked Stuffed Shrimp, that was very good! My Hubby had the Rib-eye steak wich was cooked 2 order , just they way he he like's. My Girlfriend had the Chicken Piccata the she reallt enjoyed. They only down fall is that when they're busym service is a bit slow but not bad at all. But a little pricey on the dinner & show Menu's. I do suggest their Pub Menu for the best $$$ and selections! Overall a very good place for dinner!!

• Visited October 2012
Connecticut
“great drinks and good if uninspired food”
Reviewed September 26, 2012

Great atmosphere, good food and great drinks! Located in the basement of a colonial inn, the pub has a great feel, however, food is uninspired.

Visited December 2011
Frederick, Maryland
“Friendly , old time place”
Reviewed September 12, 2012

Keeping with the theme of the Yankee Peddler, Bogey's is a step back in time. The murals behind the bar are fantastic. Bartenders are friendly , and fun to chat with

Visited September 2012